Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:44:03 AM EDT
Time to paint the house, and really dont want to, does anyone have any recommendations for installers of vinyl siding?

Pontotoc county area.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:17:56 PM EDT
Do it yourself. The damn siding companies make a year's profit off one house if they can.
I had a brick house, hip roof, no gables, and they told me $15,000 to do the soffits only. I threw the asshole out the front door when he tried to tell me what a good deal I was getting.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:19:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:
Do it yourself. The damn siding companies make a year's profit off one house if they can.
I had a brick house, hip roof, no gables, and they told me $15,000 to do the soffits only. I threw the asshole out the front door when he tried to tell me what a good deal I was getting.

Heck I will paint it if it costs that much.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 2:01:54 PM EDT by patrickcudd]

ETA: you can frame and cornice TWO complete houses for that!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:35:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By patrickcudd:

ETA: you can frame and cornice TWO complete houses for that!

There's a lot of thieves out there and a lot of good people fall prey to them. I should have shot the bastard, cut his head off, and staked it out in the front yard!
Swimming pool companies are another group that rips people off. I can understand a 25 to 30 % porfit margin, but 100 % OR MORE is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:20:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2006 9:21:47 PM EDT by goodoleboy]
Do it yourself or get a Good Oil based paint and primer and reaint it. The good oil paints will last far longer than latex paints.
$3000 grand a freind was qouted for 1 story soffits only, 2600 sft house. It could be repainted for less than $100.
Of course vinyl is not maintinece free it needs to be cleaned also and it can come loose, crack or break.
Vinyl also fades and can be hard to match after 10 years.
Top Top