Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:34:42 PM EDT
hello all, I got my first AR the other day, a stag left hand m4a3.
its pretty cool. planing on putting a foregrip and flashlight on it.
maybe a eotech or some other kind of cqb optic.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:04:23 PM EDT
Heck, you didn't need an AR to be here! Come in and post whenever you feel like. Listen to the BS and throw some back in!
By the way - do you believe in Bigfoot, UFOs, or if there are cougars in Oklahoma?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:20:19 AM EDT
welcome!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:01:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By walpur6isknight:
hello all, I got my first AR the other day

Let us know when you get the second one.

Where have you been shooting at? I gotta another AR upper in the mail now. Let me know if you wanna go blasting.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:06:38 AM EDT

if it runs like the right hand version i have you will be happy.......... pay no attention to the tards who
beleive in bigfoot
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:35:40 AM EDT
Sent 200 trouble free rounds downrange this AM at TriCity Gun Club. Great rifle.

I don't see two of these, I only need one. I will buy some spare parts, esp LH specific parts.

Next is a remington 870 (I wish I kept my old one)

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:24:25 AM EDT

I don't see two of these, I only need one.

thats what I keep hearing from everybody here, but they keep buying'em, BRD is rampant.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:51:25 PM EDT
if i need another rifle, rest assured it will be an m14.

the ar is at its best in the m4a3 configuration IMHO.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:11:45 PM EDT

if i need another rifle, rest assured it will be an m14.

the ar is at its best in the m4a3 configuration IMHO.

while I wished that I bought one 15 years back, I'm not impressed with them at the price their selling at now, I bought a AR 10, while I'm not impressed with them for their price either, I got mine for 4 bills cheaper than the M1A.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:35:57 PM EDT
I've got two M1As, both preban. One a regular rifle, the other an NM. You can forget about the newer ones - they aren't worth the money!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:06:11 PM EDT

Another lefty, wahoo!

Welcome to the board!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:37:21 AM EDT
thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the info.

i have also thought about a, fn fal. i know i want a full size battle rifle in .762 nato if i do decide to get another rifle.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:17:15 AM EDT

i have also thought about a, fn fal. i know i want a full size battle rifle in .762 nato if i do decide to get another rifle.

Look at the PTR-91 too. It is a high quaility HK91 clone.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:03:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By patrickcudd:

Look at the PTR-91 too. It is a high quaility HK91 clone.

The only thing that slows me down on the PTR is the fluted chamber and possible extraction
issues with factory ammo/brass ....... i have a cetme and love it but it's my understanding that if you use factory ammo instead of surplus you greatly increase you chances of tearing a case in half
etc etc..... I've never had a problem with my cetme but i've always used surplus ammo......

Don't get me wrong if i didn't already have a cetme i'd probably be hot for the ptr... but with the surplus situation like it is ..... iv really cut back on burning ammo through it ..

I'm currently looking at an FAL myself ...... to the best of my knowledge unless you just have bad luck the fal is a pretty reliable rifle....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:08:33 AM EDT
chad, we will go out to tri city gun club sometime soon and shoot our ARs. i have a friend who is in the navy, stationed at tinker, and he wants to go shooting with me sometime. id like for him to try out as many guns as he can.

he wants to buy his own guns, but afraid his wife wont like it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:52:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By acman145acp:
The only thing that slows me down on the PTR is the fluted chamber and possible extraction
issues with factory ammo/brass

I don't think the PTR comes with a fluted chamber. Even if it does, having owned a H&K 91, there won't be any problem with extraction of factory ammo, reloads, or surplus.
The only thing bad about the fluted chamber is the marks left on the cases - tough on reloading.
Also, the ejection is violent, cases are bent to hell. I put the rubber bumper on my 91 and it eased the ejection path and made it somewhat easier on the brass.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:02:03 PM EDT
Welcome to the forums! AR's not needed.....heck, don't even have to be an Okie for that matter! hehe Feel free to jump in on anything and everything bein said.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:30:45 PM EDT
thanks for the welcome.

michelle bought me some 5.56 nato today.

i might try to go shooting sunday morning/afternoon, chad are you interested?

im probably going to take two people (1 is former army, 4th infantry, the other currently in the navy)

whatcha think?
Top Top