Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 5:40:34 PM EDT
A man and his son were fishing on the east side of Lake Arcadia recently. The 12 yo boy separated from his faterh down the bank a few hundred yards. The father saw his son take off to the truck in a dead run. The boy couldn't talk because he was in absolute terror.
After the boy calmed down, he told his father Bigfoot was after him. The father called the news and it was reported on the Fox network!
The Arcadia tree farm has had some funny things happen in the last few years. A honcho at Chesapeake Energies owns over a thousand acres in the area, including the Arcadia tree farm.
One gentleman I spoke with lives a few miles from the Aradia dam right on Hwy  66. He has seen a large creature twice, once two years ago, one just a few months ago in December.
He is a biologist and works for a large municipality in the area in Animal Control. His description of the encounters is very interesting.
He says it is not a bear, is massive, and has long red hair on its body. Plus has a smell similar to a skunk.
Any comments?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A man and his son were fishing on the east side of Lake Arcadia recently. The 12 yo boy separated from his faterh down the bank a few hundred yards. The father saw his son take off to the truck in a dead run. The boy couldn't talk because he was in absolute terror.
After the boy calmed down, he told his father Bigfoot was after him. The father called the news and it was reported on the Fox network!
The Arcadia tree farm has had some funny things happen in the last few years. A honcho at Chesapeake Energies owns over a thousand acres in the area, including the Arcadia tree farm.
One gentleman I spoke with lives a few miles from the Aradia dam right on Hwy  66. He has seen a large creature twice, once two years ago, one just a few months ago in December.
He is a biologist and works for a large municipality in the area in Animal Control. His description of the encounters is very interesting.
He says it is not a bear, is massive, and has long red hair on its body. Plus has a smell similar to a skunk.
Any comments?

Ndenway, is that you?

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You might remember Bob Jenni (sp?) had his little zoo in that area, maybe after he died his widow turned something loose?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
deleted..check your im
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]
wheres the picture with not this shit again on it
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, that is close enough I can go there and hunt tonight!  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ndenway, is that you?

coulda been me, I was up that way last week and again yesterday morning.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#8]
There's critters in different parts of the state. Those seen by Arcadia are supposedly more than one, running alongside of I-35, from east of Guthrie to Choctaw. Some people will not publicly admit thay have seen them due to the ridicule they would receive.
There are sandstone cliffs along the Canadian and Deep Fork in Eastern Oklahoma County. Lots of places for them to hide in the daytime.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I ride the trails out at Arcadia quite a bit.  Never seen anything weird.

Ride the Deep Fork below the dam.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ride the trails out at Arcadia quite a bit.  Never seen anything weird.

Ride the Deep Fork below the dam.

Where exactly is it?  Where do you park?  

Right below the dam, where the "overflow" crosses Westminster, by the Arcadia Tree Farm.
It's just creek bottom, no real trails. It's not public property so riding horses might be considered a no-no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top