Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 3:09:16 PM EDT
Well I made my last purchase there. I waited 45 minutes for someone to help me. Then the guy acted like he was doing me a favor by helping me. I have never seen more rude salesmen. I only went back because I wanted to pick up a few AK's they had for $339.

The guy who was helping me was the biggest ass I have ever see. He racked the slide back on the AK, in doing so he sliced his hand wide open on blood was everywhere. Serves him right for being an ass!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Go on up to Sportsman's Warehouse.  I've never had a bad encounter there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Go on up to Sportsman's Warehouse.  I've never had a bad encounter there.

I just got back from Sportsman.  They have 5% off guns and 10% off ammo. It ends tonight or tomorrow, so move quick.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Does Sportmans sell Ak's there?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does Sportmans sell Ak's there?

I'm not positive, but I don't think that they do.  I know they have AR's, but I didn't see any AK's there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Your experience at OA mirors mine.
I've bought several guns from them and countless ammo/accessories but almost every time it was a negative experience.
I finally decided not to buy from them any more.
It's been about 3 years since I last shopped there and I was really hoping in that time that they might have changed. doesn't sound like it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
John and Clay are nice, but I pretty much order everything online so I hardly ever go there.  On occasion they have a better price than I can get something online.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I have only been in there 4 or 5 times, but it always seemed to be difficult to get someone to help you. It doesnt seem worth the trouble to me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
man I guess I never really had a bad experiance there, what you do, since tey work on commission is you tell the first guy you see that your there to buy something and if he'll wait on you, then you'll buy it from them, only place I've ever had to wait is in the check out line.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
John and Clay are nice, but I pretty much order everything online so I hardly ever go there.  On occasion they have a better price than I can get something online.

Clay now works at Sportsmans Warehouse.   Ask for him when you go there.  He takes care of his customers.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]
OA has a lot of room for improvement.  Some of their prices are good depending on what you want.  Just keep in mind that you can't call them because their service by phone is non-existant.  They are closed evenings and Sundays.  That means that Saturday and 4p-6p M-F  will be impossible to get service with all the traffic there.

I go in during the week around lunch time.  It makes it much easier to get service there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:08:16 AM EDT
[#11]
There is only a few guys I deal with up there.  Kent is a nice guy.  If Fred is around, I aviod him.....it amazes me the owner can be such a prick!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've bought several guns from them and countless ammo/accessories but almost every time it was a negative experience.
It's been about 3 years since I last shopped there and I was really hoping in that time that they might have changed. doesn't sound like it.

Sounds like your forum....again....why are you here?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:14:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like your forum....again....why are you here?

I like it, Pat you crack me up.

remember grandson, never underestimate the healing powers of hate.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#14]
If you want to get Fred out of the office, have one of the guys get an expensive shotgun off the rack back in the corner. Next to the used guns, 38 revolver area is a one way window that Fred uses to watch his hands. Act like you are going to drop one of those shotguns and Fred will be out in a second. It is one of his biggest peeves to have a high dollar shotgun nicked or scratched.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#15]
The only reason I shop at OA is because the LEO prices on the glocks.

I think Sportmans will match prices on their guns and rifles.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The only reason I shop at OA is because the LEO prices on the glocks.

I think Sportmans will match prices on their guns and rifles.

saleman at sportsmans told me they will match any price from anywhere as long as it can be confermed
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There is only a few guys I deal with up there.  Kent is a nice guy.  If Fred is around, I aviod him.....it amazes me the owner can be such a prick!

It amazes how much Fred DOESN"T know about the stuff he is selling.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I spent over an hour in OA looking right at a holster I wanted to buy behind the counter.
I couldn't get anyone to help me so I just walked back there and started to help myself.
They rushed over there and helped me at that point.
The whole time I was in there I asked the salesmen to hand me the holster but they said they couldn't help me right now.
How hard is it to reach over and hand someone a holster while you are passing by?
That was the last purchase I made there and I wouldn't have purchased it from them but they were the only place in town that had the holster and I needed it that day.
The salesmen were snobbish and I even had my good clothes on.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I spent over an hour in OA looking right at a holster I wanted to buy behind the counter.
I couldn't get anyone to help me so I just walked back there and started to help myself.
They rushed over there and helped me at that point.
The whole time I was in there I asked the salesmen to hand me the holster but they said they couldn't help me right now.
How hard is it to reach over and hand someone a holster while you are passing by?
That was the last purchase I made there and I wouldn't have purchased it from them but they were the only place in town that had the holster and I needed it that day.
The salesmen were snobbish and I even had my good clothes on.

Which holster did you get?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]
maybe my stoic nature or death stare creeps them out or something so they help me just to get me to leave quicker, has to be something, I see what I want, speak in a loud and clear voice, counter boy comes over and hands me what I want to look at, and I hand it back and tell them if I want to buy it or not, plain and simple, course maybe I'm also an asshole and they can relate with that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I went over there over the weekend in the snow and STILL couldn't get waited on.  I was going to buy an M-4 sling and it seems no one wanted the sale, so I went home and ordered on on the Internet.  It's pretty sad actually.  I really don't understand the lack of interest in customer service.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
maybe my stoic nature or death stare creeps them out or something so they help me just to get me to leave quicker, has to be something, I see what I want, speak in a loud and clear voice, counter boy comes over and hands me what I want to look at, and I hand it back and tell them if I want to buy it or not, plain and simple, course maybe I'm also an asshole and they can relate with that.

It ain't cuz you're an asshole. It's cuz you carry a lot of weight whereever you go - just like me and 1shott!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#23]
damn what is up with these guys up there? im going there saturday to look around becuase they got lots of shit to look at
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I think that since Fred started doing so much LE agency sales that he has neglected the retail business.  Rarely will someone answer the phone and the sales force is rarely helpful.  Unless you take the initiative and say "I want to buy" something, they will just ignore you.

I went in the store to buy a Bushmaster Varminter one time and asked the salesman if they had any on the shelf and he said "No, I don't think we have any, but I'll look".  Since it has a fluted barrel, free float handguard, etc., it wasn't that hard to spot in the rack.  He looked and looked, but until I asked to see the gun with the "fluted" barrel and showed him that it was in exactly what I was looking for, he didn't have a clue.

Know before you go, is a key requirement for shopping at this place.  

Where is "Jim Dandy" when we need him?  This topic always seemed to get him riled up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Jim Dandy really hated this store.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
OA has a lot of room for improvement.  Some of their prices are good depending on what you want.  Just keep in mind that you can't call them because their service by phone is non-existant.  They are closed evenings and Sundays.  That means that Saturday and 4p-6p M-F  will be impossible to get service with all the traffic there.

I go in during the week around lunch time.  It makes it much easier to get service there.

I went again today on my lunch break.  Got good service.  I guess they were board since no other customers were in the store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top