Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 6:21:51 PM EDT
I've got quite a bit of my family's history, including 3 gggfathers that rode with the James and Younger boys during the Civil War.
Anyway, browsing around looking for info on Charle's Curtis, US VP and Kansas US Senator, I find out my wife is a descendant of the Osage Tribe Chief White Hair - Pawhuska in Osage - and Kaw Tribal Chief White Plume. Chief White Plume was descended from Chief White Hair.
White Hair was the chiel who helped Lewis & Clark across Kansas.
You can only be listed on one tribal role and my wife and son are listed as Kaw. Ain't got much blood there, but some.
Now what the hell kind of heritage is that for my son?
White trash on one side and Indian royalty on the other?????
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Kaw?   Is that liek Kawkasion?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
ya, like as in desended from the long lost albino indian tribe
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It ain't all white on my side, I know. You can throw in some African and Mexican in there somewhere. Albino Indian!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It ain't all white on my side, I know. You can throw in some African and Mexican in there somewhere. Albino Indian!

hell Dan, I'm only half indian myself, and either half horse or BigFoot, whichever way is choosen to look at it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There actually was a tribe of "white" American Indians.  Yes, blonde hair, blue eyed indians.  They were somewhere around the Mississippi/Louisanna area.  I'd never heard about them, until a few years ago.  Evitently they were wiped out by disease when the first explorers reached them.

ETA:  My grandmother's madien name was Hattfield, so if any of you McCoy's want to say anything, you might watch out!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The Mandans were a blonde and blue eyed Indian tribe. Most likely interbred with Vikings. They were wiped out by small pox and cholera on the upper regions of the Missouri River in the early 1830s.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There actually was a tribe of "white" American Indians.  Yes, blonde hair, blue eyed indians.  They were somewhere around the Mississippi/Louisanna area.  I'd never heard about them, until a few years ago.  Evitently they were wiped out by disease when the first explorers reached them.

ETA:  My grandmother's madien name was Hattfield, so if any of you McCoy's want to say anything, you might watch out!

my grandmother was a real "McCoy", of course her indian name was a lot different.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:44:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've got quite a bit of my family's history, including 3 gggfathers that rode with the James and Younger boys during the Civil War.
(snippage for brevity)

Since when did good Southron boys ridin with Irregulars qualify them as white trash?  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Since when did good Southron boys ridin with Irregulars qualify them as white trash?  

Hmmmmm! In my neck of the woods WHITE TRASH is a sign of pride! That is where we count our wealth by the number of cars parked in the yard. My richest relative - the one I helped take the tires off of his new home  last summer - is so rich he doesn't know for sure how many cars he has in his yard. The old tight bastard won't go buy a new goat so the grass has gotten up high and you can't count the cars no more. And the dogs have got stayin' on the porch all the time so getting in and out of his house is tricky.
I keep telling him he has got a fortune in aluminum beer cans out there in the grass. I ain't spendin' $25 to get him a goat so he can find 'em. He shot his last billy goat cuz he got drunk and got tired of watching it  trying to breed his favorite coon hound!
Yep, I wear the label of white trash with pride! I am ROYAL white trash, spelled with a capital B. Like in BUBBA!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
(snippage for brevity)

hell all this time I been thinking I was an indian, and now after reading the above I'm thinking I'm southren hickory nut cause I been buying an wearing the irregular shirts and pants at sam's big and fat, last week I bought some katycorner duds there, the shirt had a long right sleave and a long left leg, since it was a matched set I got a discount.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmmm! In my neck of the woods WHITE TRASH is a sign of pride! That is where we count our wealth by the number of cars parked in the yard. My richest relative - the one I helped take the tires off of his new home  last summer - is so rich he doesn't know for sure how many cars he has in his yard. The old tight bastard won't go buy a new goat so the grass has gotten up high and you can't count the cars no more. And the dogs have got stayin' on the porch all the time so getting in and out of his house is tricky.
I keep telling him he has got a fortune in aluminum beer cans out there in the grass. I ain't spendin' $25 to get him a goat so he can find 'em. He shot his last billy goat cuz he got drunk and got tired of watching it  trying to breed his favorite coon hound!
Yep, I wear the label of white trash with pride! I am ROYAL white trash, spelled with a capital B. Like in BUBBA!

You wont ever make it to the high rank that i hold ....staunch white trash.....

Ndenway

You defintly qualify as a nut............ but even with the bs i can pull off at times i couldn't pass you off for white trash ..... we just refer to you as the big crazy nden
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ndenway

You defintly qualify as a nut............ but even with the bs i can pull off at times i couldn't pass you off for white trash ..... we just refer to you as the big crazy nden

damn! you think I'm joking bout the shirt and pants, if I had a cam I'd shoot a pic and post it, gotta have get both hemmed up cause I'd be embarrassed to wear'em like they are in public, I'd have to fold the sleave and pant leg up john wayne style just to use my hand and keep from steping on the pants cuff, and ya'll know how much I hate john wayne.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You wont ever make it to the high rank that i hold ....staunch white trash.....

I done been there and passed that lowly rank in my late 20s, ACMan!
I had the game ranger tailing me, looking to bust me, for several years.
He once told several people he was gonna pop me for sure. Of course, when I was told about it, I told him to look me up anytime he wanted - had a new 4x4 truck that he could  check anytime he wanted. Told him I was gonna get loud pipes on the truck just so he know I was coming.
He never did mess with me after that of course. He stills likes to talk about me for shit that happened almost 25 years ago but he won't bring it up in front of me!
That makes me REALLY staunch white trash! If'n you ain't ever paid your bills by selling coyote skins, then you don't really qualify. Of course skins don't bring the $30 to $35 they did in the late 70s. Back in da good ol' days for us rednecks!
Hang in dere, ACman! One of dese days you'll get to where I was in my late 20's and early 30's -
a true blue red necked big time royal white trash bubba!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top