Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 12:50:50 PM EDT
I've searched all the forums I'm on, and googled with no luck. Does anyone have a copy of a nice cover letter for the cleo to put in front of my paperwork? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
 I guess this doesn't help your search, but for all 5 of the transfers I've done I've just dropped the paperwork off in a manilla envelope with my cell phone number on the envelope at the CLEO's office.  Usually within a few hours I get a call saying my forms are signed.  This is with Sheriff Whetsel in Oklahoma county.

I'm guessing you're going to need a signature from a Tulsa CLEO, which I've heard is the one area in Oklahoma where you may have problems getting a signature or so I've heard.  Your SOT should be able to tell you for sure.  My guess is a cover letter isn't going to have much effect on whether the CLEO will sign or not, but if you're going to do it, then make it brief, simple and put some means of contact on it.  Whatever you do in the letter, don't ramble on and on about why you need the NFA item or why it's justified etc...

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I made an appointment, got the form signed and prints in about 20 minutes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top