Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:47:44 PM EDT
I'm looking for another cheap AK like a wasr-10 or similar. I bought my last one for just over $300 from Reeds in OKC, but I don't think they carry them anymore. Anybody know of a good place for a low priced AK in the OKC area?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:34:15 PM EDT
I was in Outdoor America about a month ago, they had them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:46:58 PM EDT
Do you remember any prices?

In the past, I've had zero luck trying to get help over the phone at OA.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:40:34 PM EDT
There was a guy buying one while I was there, I asked him and he told me $329, that's the same as AIM or some of the online places are selling them, he said he looked at them at the Gun Show that weekend, but the prices at the show were higher.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:06:48 AM EDT
I went to a OKC gun show a few weeks ago. It seemed like they were running $350-$425. A buddy bought one a few months ago at the OKC for $300 out the door. He said they were all $300-$400, at that time.

OA will charge tax which will put you at $350 out the door, but you don't have to pay $10 to get in.

Buying online and paying shipping/transfer fees will at best only save a few dollars. I think I would rather pay a couple extra bucks to have it in hand immediately.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:50:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DrBaker:

Buying online and paying shipping/transfer fees will at best only save a few dollars. I think I would rather pay a couple extra bucks to have it in hand immediately.

Thanks for the info.

Yep, and at the top of the Oklahoma page there's a pretty good list of what different places charge for the FFL. Very handy!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:10:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RatTerrier:

Thanks for the info.

Yep, and at the top of the Oklahoma page there's a pretty good list of what different places charge for the FFL. Very handy!

Bob Morris $10, hard to beat. I should be visiting him tonight or tomorrow to pick up part of my newest project.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:54:59 AM EDT
I was in Outdoor America yesterday and did not see one AK on the racks. I asked for a Lulu loader and they said they were out. There were about 6 of them hanging on the wall.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:10:07 PM EDT
I went to OA at lunch today. They had a wasr-10 for $339 and a side folder that I didn't catch the price on.

I'm going to check out Brigadoons within the next week.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:17:25 PM EDT

I went to OA at lunch today. They had a wasr-10 for $339 and a side folder that I didn't catch the price on.

OA will be cheaper than Brigadoon's. Where did they have the AKs? They didn't have any in the "Tactical" section over by the clothes! Or over by the old military rifles across from the scopes. They didn't even have any AK mags up on the rack on the end of their Tactical counter.
Inventory looked low in a lot of the gun racks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:44:06 PM EDT
These were over behind the knife counter, they had moved things around a bit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:23:33 PM EDT
Thanks, Wingman! They had me a wee bit ticked off when I asked for a Lulu loader and they said they were sold out. There were 6 of them on the wall!
I almost asked for Fred. Those guys actually get a commission of sorts for selling stuff! You'd think they would do better with that incentive!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:06:04 AM EDT
I know an FFL in Enid that sells some Romanians for $350.

www.powellmachine.com/

Brand new come with a bunch of goodies. He does transfers real cheap, too!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:39:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:

OA will be cheaper than Brigadoon's.

You are correct. They were $399 at Brigadoons. I think I'd pay $339 at OA far sooner than $399 at Brigadoons.

It stinks. I told myself I would take one home with me if they were cheaper than OA. That miracle obvisously didn't happen.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:37:58 AM EDT
I put an add in the EE want to buy AK related.

If I can't find a FTF in Oklahoma, I'll go back to Outdoor America.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:46:36 AM EDT
(In regards to me post above)

Enid is just over an hour north of OKC.

Bill Powell is a great guy, and I think you should give him a shot. He's working the gun show in Enid this weekend, but if you drop him an email, he can probably get back to you.

I just transferred 4 AR lower receivers through him for a price too low to list.
Top Top