Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 3:14:37 PM EDT
Pres Bush will address the nation tonight with a large portion of the speech concerning the economy. With the advent of the EU, the strength of Chinese and Indian industries running American industries out of business, the US dollar is becoming far less attractive as the international rate of currency. With these new Fed Reserve honcho, Bernanke, I'm wondering if the dollar will be devalued soon.
If that happens, prices will go up on EVERYTHING and so will wages. But it's gonna be rammed up our you-know-whats!
I'm also wondering if he will say anything about the continued invasion from the south! The news has reported that MS-13 (mexican drug cartel) has engaged Guatamalan rebels and other Mexican bad boys to start ambushing law enforcement on the border.
Seems like the DHS had the documentation on this but neglected to tell the boys on the border.
All I can say is WTF is Pres Bush going to say, much less do about our problems?
If things continue to get much worse, it looks like Hillary Clinton will probably be our next president. THAT scares the hell out of me!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If things continue to get much worse, it looks like Hillary Clinton will probably be our next president. THAT scares the hell out of me!

me and you *both*,brother.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
"brother" lets see if I have everything,

Popcorn, check...

Beer, check....

Broadband internet.....check....

Comfy chair.......check......

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Did I ever tell you guys that I liked Bill Clinton as Prez?

doesn't matter who's the prez anymore, all of their foregin and domestic policies suck ass, they are more concerned with other countries problems and the non-workingnopayingtaxesUSslackers, than the American working class citizens that are paying the bills and are being forgoten, its time for a prez that'll look out for America's citizens first, and tell all these other nations looking for a handout to fuck off, if we give assistance/pay to a country, then we should get property or resources in return.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]
hillary will never be president and neither will powell for the fact that some in power will never ever let america be run by a women or a black person, i guarantee this. and why is it that some so called pro 2nd amendment advocates hate on bush, its a given that he might not be the best but at least he is a republican. i do agree with Ndenway in that the gov. and pres should and is supposed to work in our nations best interest but will it ever. No.  doesn't  matter who the president is it never works the way it was founded as. For, By and Of the people. well  meatloaf said it best when he sang 2 out of 3 and bad. no flames needed just healthy conversation
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
First crack out of the box Pres Bush gave a subtle and veiled threat to Saudi Arabia. He has also said he is not afraid to use our troops to "protect freedom" for other nations.
He also was against "isolationism and protectionism". The middle class is going to continue to decline in our standard of living while the rest of the world has theirs brought up. By exporting jobs overseas!
And according to Pres Bush, we need the immigrants to keep our economy going. SH*T! With over 20 million illegal aliens in this country, the standard of living going down, we're screwed.
If the minimum wage had been raised like the average salary of CEOs running the largest 500 companies in the United States, it would be something like $110,000 a year.
I hate the friggin' Democrats but they think they know what is best for the "unwashed masses" but Bush has got me more pissed off than I have been in a long time. We are almost in a crisis with all the 4.5 million jobs that have been created since 2001. They are all LOW PAYING jobs.
I agree with many of  his policies but letting the working class to continue to deteriorate into the working poor has me PISSED OFF!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]
hey Dan, take one of those little blue pills and turn off the tube, your right about the middle class backsliding to the shit though, raising the min. wage isn't the answer though, those that make alot or alittle are better off than the middle right now, my thoughts on the pres's running things in iraq are that he should let the millitary do what needs to be done, and then we oughta take everything that we can, fuck their freedom, they wern't too keen for it when saddam was running it, so they shouldn't bitch about the US taking whatever we want, since it was Americans that freed them and all.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Brother L, I've got a good income and a nice home. I'm well off, more so than a military brat should be. If I could do anything to help the future of my son and future grandchildren, I'd be about it plenty quick. You're right, I'm damn frustrated because I see very little blue sky for our children.
The politicians talk about noble causes paid for by the blood of the middle class. And the middle class is losing ground in this country!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah Dan I hear ya, but thats the direction we're headed, if their was a politician that ran on the ticket as Pro American, America first, fuck everyone else, I'd vote for him reguardless of what party he was, but I don't see that happening, nearly all politicians reguardless of party these days have very liberal domestic and foregin policy ideas that put other countries and their own political agenda before us, the middle class is in that proverbial space of getting butt fucked without the courtisey of a reacharound or a kiss, right now in OK, if your making $8 bucks an hour, without a little luck, your probably still going to be making $8 an hour a year from now, no matter what level of education you have, hell I took a cut in pay getting off disability and going back to work, my current base salery is 22k/year, was even less when I was working security and I had to buy my own equipment, but I work as much OT as I can for the hobbies, shit canned the CC, and learned to live with much less, as for the younger generations, they might have to tighten their belts and forget about how well they had it living with their parents, but they'll find a way to make it, hell I did, and I'm bout the laziest bastard you'd ever meet.

MLW>"<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top