Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 4:34:49 PM EDT
Just incase some of you dont know or have forgotten here is a link to the schedualed camp out hosted by Aceman in the survival forum.  We went there and its a pretty kick ass place

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=403775
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Honobia Creek Wildlife Management Area

WHOA!!!!!  That's BIGFOOT country!  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Did somebody mention BIGFOOT?????????
I'm glad it was brought up. Now I have an excuse to bring everybody up on the latest....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#3]
How can you have a campout without a fire?  The state's on a burn ban, and in the deep woods you need a big fire to keep assorted extra hairy people away!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Wingman, why would you want to keep mountain men away from the camp? Heck they could provide more guards to watch out for BF.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How can you have a campout without a fire?  The state's on a burn ban, and in the deep woods you need a big fire to keep assorted extra hairy people away!

Dude, we can't even enforce the burn ban here on a day to day basis. I wouldn't worry about it. If I'm there, I'll bring some presurized water fire extinguishers with me. I've got enough equipment on my truck to tackle a small grass fire with ease. If there isn't some high wind of course and if we caught it quickly. Also, without someone actually seeing you LIGHT a fire, it's damn hard to pin a fire on someone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, we can't even enforce the burn ban here on a day to day basis. I wouldn't worry about it. If I'm there, I'll bring some presurized water fire extinguishers with me. I've got enough equipment on my truck to tackle a small grass fire with ease. If there isn't some high wind of course and if we caught it quickly. Also, without someone actually seeing you LIGHT a fire, it's damn hard to pin a fire on someone.

Since I know you have the lowdown on this fire stuff..... tell me if what i heard is BS or not... I heard if you have a fire ring a fire is legal ...... I also heard it's legal to use a gas powered stove but no charcoal.......

Not saying any of it's true just what I heard......

And if bigfoot shows up everyone who attends the campout can share in the money I make when i kill this imaginary creature
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And if bigfoot shows up everyone who attends the campout can share in the money I make when i kill this imaginary creature

I wouldn't advise doing that. After all, it might be Shaquille Oneal in a ghillie suit!   The guy must get around, because he has been sighted from New York to Florida, from Tennessee to California, and even a few times in that area of Oklahoma!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
linky

Outdoor charcoal or wood fired cooking, as well as campfires, are prohibited under this proclamation. Gas grilling is allowable.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And if bigfoot shows up .....

If we want to avoid big guys in ghillie suits then we don't want to go around these areas:
N 32' 32.3" W94'55.9"
or
N34'59.3" W94'40.2"

Those areas are ones we definitely want to avoid!

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And if bigfoot shows up .....

If we want to avoid big guys in ghillie suits then we don't want to go around these areas:
N 32' 32.3" W94'55.9"
or
N34'59.3" W94'40.2"

Those areas are ones we definitely want to avoid!

Those are not the coordinates of the basecamp  ......   you need to let me know if you want the location I'll  ..IM you them I'm not posting them for obvious reasons........
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Since I know you have the lowdown on this fire stuff..... tell me if what i heard is BS or not... I heard if you have a fire ring a fire is legal ...... I also heard it's legal to use a gas powered stove but no charcoal.......

Not saying any of it's true just what I heard......

Right now, a fire ring is still a no go. Gas grilling (propane, whatever) is ok. NO CHARCOAL is correct.  Really, the fires are not that dangerous. I've never built and outdoor fire without at least a cleared vegetation zone around it. Also, if time permits, a rock fire ring is nice too. Not required but nice to have. Also, a couple of presurized water 2.5 gallon fire extinguishers can really put the whoop ass on a small fire. There are little trucks and techniques to using them that a lot of people don't know. I'd be glad to share that knowledge too. Also, they can be had for about $15-$20 on the used market in good working condition.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the campout a guy thing or are y'all bringin' yer wimmin?

Just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just wondering.

Its a survival thing  You and your hubby need to come.  As far I know there are no women planning on comming as of yet
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Hubby doesn't think I should go, even for the day. He says it sounds like a guy thing, and with you saying there aren't any women coming, I doubt I'll be able to change his mind. Besides, I'd have to find a sitter for the monsters, and I'm not sure I want to be that far away from them.

I do read the SF, I just haven't posted over there. I'd love to go, though, just to prove I really do have pink toenails.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hubby doesn't think I should go, even for the day. He says it sounds like a guy thing, and with you saying there aren't any women coming, I doubt I'll be able to change his mind. Besides, I'd have to find a sitter for the monsters, and I'm not sure I want to be that far away from them.

I do read the SF, I just haven't posted over there. I'd love to go, though, just to prove I really do have pink toenails.

Talk him into going. We will be nice
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Umm, maybe you better define NICE so we all will know what is acceptable and not!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Just wondering.

like Jeff said so far their aren't any wimminz going......

That doesn't mean you cant or aren't welcome......

My wife has absolutely zero intrest in tent/tarp whatever camping.....if it aint in my camper she ain't showing up

But on the other hand I have brought in a wild pig that hadn't been guted or anthing and she helped me dress it on the tailgate of my truck ....... not to mention she cleans fish better than i do and if she fished as much as i do she'd probably catch more than me ....

My sugestion is anyone who thinks they might be interested read the thread jeff has hotlinked...
hopefully things will fall into place and we will have some good informal class's on stuff....

this isn't going to be a beer bust or anthing......but it will be fun if your into this kind of thing.....

sister if you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask and participate

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:05:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Honobia Creek Wildlife Management Area

WHOA!!!!!  That's BIGFOOT country!  

Yeah, ACmantuarus is actually a HUGE bigfoot enthusiast. He rags on dan about it alot so Dan will keep posting up information on where to find this creature. Dan is playing right into ACmans hands by giving up all this info for AC so AC can be out scouting while Dan is doing all the research. Now AC has a good idea on when and where to get this creature....and everyones invited!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Just wondering.

no need to wonder Sister, if I can make it and since the burn bans in effect, I'm bringing one, she might not be mine but I'm bringing her anyway, gotta sleep warm on those chilly mountainous nights, and how might you ask how I plan to sleep warm without a fire?, me and my woman sleep nakid' together in a sleeping bag made for two, and if ya'll see the bag squirmin around and hear night noises, don't worry, we're just checking each other for ticks, and applying lotion to ward off chaffing from the cool air.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm, maybe you better define NICE so we all will know what is acceptable and not!

well if I show up, I plan to be on my best behavior, I won't act any different/worse than I normaly do, and I'll even use my inside voice, since Patrickcudd said his ears are still ringing from the lex shoot, hell I might even try to whisper.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wondering.

like Jeff said so far their aren't any wimminz going......

That doesn't mean you cant or aren't welcome......

My wife has absolutely zero intrest in tent/tarp whatever camping.....if it aint in my camper she ain't showing up

Acman your wife and mine think too much alike. Wish she wanted to come with me just because I'd like her to meet everyone.  

Sister you are braver than most to even consider such a rough and wild campout that this is sure to be. Considering that you could get away from the "children" it would probally be like a retreat for you which you must surely need.

As far as the fire ban maybe with the rain we have received and will receive there won't be a fire ban in March.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#22]

I appreciate the welcoming attitude here. It's true that I'd welcome the opportunity to get a (short) mommacation. As it stands, I'm a wants to go, but probably not able to. Mostly depends on the hubby.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I appreciate the welcoming attitude here. It's true that I'd welcome the opportunity to get a (short) mommacation. As it stands, I'm a wants to go, but probably not able to. Mostly depends on the hubby.

c'mon.  You can talk him into it.  we are are just regular ole people of all ages that share a common intrest.  I love these types of get togethers.  I can associate better with people from here way better then my own non arfcom friends.  Whats holding him up anyway?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#24]
He's a grouchy ass. I haven't figured out whether he just doesn't want me hanging around a buncha men (even though he'd be there) or what. He knows I like to shoot, but don't get much chance 'cause of the kiddos. He knows I used to go camping a lot BC (before children) and loved it. He knows he has nothing to worry about, but he still doesn't want me to go. Maybe I embarrass him, I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
He's a grouchy ass. I haven't figured out whether he just doesn't want me hanging around a buncha men (even though he'd be there) or what. He knows I like to shoot, but don't get much chance 'cause of the kiddos. He knows I used to go camping a lot BC (before children) and loved it. He knows he has nothing to worry about, but he still doesn't want me to go. Maybe I embarrass him, I don't know.

Well I would not expect you to go without him.   Like I said we are all a bunch of regular ole boys of all ages with common intrest,  he would probably enjoy hanging out with a bunch of us more then you would.  I have gone to several functions from people off arfcom.  And many of them bring they family weather it is a husband coaxing his wife to go camping or a daddy bringing his 12 Year old daughter or 8 year old son.  Its all good.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, now that I've called him a grouchy ass in public, I'd say it's a pretty fair bet I'll not be coming to the campout. I was gonna edit it, but somebody's already quoted me. Jeff. You dork.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Well, now that I've called him a grouchy sweet ass in public, I'd say it's a pretty fair bet I'll not be coming to the campout. I was gonna edit it, but somebody's already quoted me. Jeff. You dork.

Oh common.  He needs to get his own account on here.   He is lucky to have a wife like you who is an enthusiest.   I have met many of other entusiest and most of there wive arent very understanding and barely tollerent at most.    Do you have any 26 year old sisters?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:33:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, now that I've called him a grouchy sweet ass in public, I'd say it's a pretty fair bet I'll not be coming to the campout. I was gonna edit it, but somebody's already quoted me. Jeff. You dork.

Do you have any 26 year old sisters?

Make that 21 to 35 yr old sisters or daughters over the age of 18 for me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok guys, Sister is in enough trouble as it is. She knows that she is welcome and we want as many there that can make it. I also respect her husbands decision & hope he will come also. I wear the pants in my family even though my wife picks them out for me, ha.

To be honest, even though I invited my wife, I really didn't want her to come. She understands how I "need to get away" and be with the guys. She even gets jelous if I go to the bar and have a beer or two with a friend, so I need time away, as I'm sure she does as well.  I expect to get some hot flames but I have to be honest with myself.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Oh common.  He needs to get his own account on here.   He is lucky to have a wife like you who is an enthusiest.   I have met many of other entusiest and most of there wive arent very understanding and barely tollerent at most.    Do you have any 26 year old sisters?

Well, she'll be 26 next month. Close enough?

She's a brat, though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, she'll be 26 next month. Close enough?

She's a brat, though.

yeah, bring her
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

She's a brat, though.

A brat as in "you little brat" or a brat as in "brat-wurst"?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#33]
A brat as in, she'll always be my bratty little sister.

I don't think she'll come on a campout, just because she has so very little hometime as it is. In fact, she'll be home at the end of February for a few days (for my son's birthday) and will not be home again until at least mid-April.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:16:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
A brat as in, she'll always be my bratty little sister.

I don't think she'll come on a campout, just because she has so very little hometime as it is. In fact, she'll be home at the end of February for a few days (for my son's birthday) and will not be home again until at least mid-April.

shes a truck driver right?, I remember you saying something about her, but don't remember the details, I've always been bad with details like anniversarys, birthdays, hollidays and names, hell I couldn't hardly remember my exwifes name when we were married, I was always waking up calling her by some other name, then having to backpeddle, sure made it easier when we got divorced.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, she's a truck driver. She drives all over the country in her house. Mobile BOL.

She drives around with her dog and her CB, and is having a blast touring the US. She's kinda afraid of guns, though, 'cause of a bad experience when she was young, but I'm slowly bringin' her around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top