Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 1:44:19 PM EDT
Looks to be a big one, from what the scanner is reporting, road closings.

Dont know if it is heading my way or not,

Sounds like Hwy 3w is closed.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the smoke is all going to the North.

More fire trucks just went by.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
time to load up the valubles and hope for the best, hope that shit passes ya'll by and doesn't cause much damage.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
It has, looks like it is under control, I dont see any more smoke blowing up.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#4]
And I was just thinking of a fire burning my house on the way to work today along with all my ammo and many of guns that are out of the safe    I just heard about it but luckily it didnt get very close to my house,  only the pasture behind me
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
did it get the tower with the strobe on it?

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
did it get the tower with the strobe on it?

MLW>"<

unfortunately no
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And I was just thinking of a fire burning my house on the way to work today along with all my ammo and many of guns that are out of the safe    I just heard about it but luckily it didnt get very close to my house,  only the pasture behind me

Close enough.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#8]
It ain't no fun with these damn fires going on all over! I'm running a fever, stopped up, head hurts like hell, all from dust and smoke two nights ago. If I come across someone lighting fires, it will be their VERY LAST one.
The Colonel called me tonight. Someone lit up round bales next to Hwy 74, thankfully sitting on a rye field. THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I told y'all last month that this grass fire stuff sucks. At least the media is helping get the word out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not a big fan of the media, but I must say that they have been doing a very good job of getting the word out about the small volunteer departments.  Now if the legislature would pull their heads out of the collective asses and start funding us a little better.  

I've need to plug a local business here.  Meek Machine just outside of Ada on highway 3 East.  Earlier this week we had a pump manafold break.  It was cast aluminum from the factory.   Called Darley and the replacement was going to be a little over $60.  We took the truck to Meek machine and had them make one out of brass.  I figured the cost would be more than $60 but it would be brass and not crappy cast aluminum.  Not only did they expidate making the manafold (took it in Tue. morning, it was ready this afternoon) they donated the materials and labor to make it.  Good guys there.

And Twobravo is right this grass fire stuff really sucks when it's this dry and windy.

1Shott and Jeff_1 I listened to that fire on the scanner yesterday.  Yall are lucky, it could have been really bad if Picket, Vanoss, and Oil Center didn't jump on that one as quick as they did.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top