Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 6:53:01 AM EDT
I went to pick up some ammo and wanted to beat the crowds, so I went there just before midnight.
The blue shirt said a manager had to sell it after 10pm. I said, ok, get a manager.
He came and saide they dont sell ammo after 11pm.
I asked him if its a local ordinance, or wally world policy. He said, in his stupid voice, I dont know, I really dont know, Im sorry sir.

Is this a store thing, a state thing, or an arkansas corporate thing?
anyone know.??
Grrrrrrr.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You probably talked to the wrong assistant manager, he was too lazy to make the sale.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Stupid manager. They don't sell guns after 10pm but I've bought ammo at 0200-0300 before. Of course, different stores might have different policies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got off the phone with a mgr from that store and they said it was a state law.

bs??????
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, my BS-ometer is going off. Did he refer you to a statute? I'll do some research, but it sounds like total BS to me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I would call bs, I've bought shotgun ammo there many a time at 0200-0400. Heard the same crap about state law/federal law doesn't allow it, depending on who I talked to about it. So I called the clerk on it and got the manager to sell me my 12 ga ammo.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The moron from last night DID say he was able to sell shells after 11pm. sister, please do let us know what you hear from your research..

Ill look into it as well.

I guess after 11pm ammo is more apt to be used in a violent crime.
wtf is that crap.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#7]
There's absolutely NOTHING in Oklahoma Statutes Title 21 that could even possibly be construed as preventing the sale of legal ammunition at any time of day.

Since Title 21 has all the information about slung ammunition, concealed carry, and the manufacture and sale of firearms and ammunition, it would be there, and it isn't.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

Ask that stupid manager to please provide a statute number if it really IS illegal. If it's not, he needs to just say so.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]
they'll sell what on an open shelf, but stuff in a locked case stops at eleven, supposedly certain keys are in a "key watcher" and can only be withdrawn at a cetain set time and have to be returned before a set time and only selected people have athorization (codes)to draw them.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#9]
the dude opened the cases and told me prices of some ammo while we waited for the manager to tell me he couldnt sell it.
So the pimplyfaced kid in blue had keys, at 11:45pm.

mike

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Im gonna go to the store tomorrow around 11:10pm tomorrow and raise some hell, I think.

Hows the Moore jail?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#11]
My cousin's the court bailiff in Moore - used to be their warrant officer. I'll let him know you're on your way!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Im gonna go to the store tomorrow around 11:10pm tomorrow and raise some hell, I think.

Hows the Moore jail?

just make sure its tomarrow night and not on friday night, you don't want to spend the weekend in county, your cell mate may be feeling homesick for his ollady and try to give you a chrstmas present you don't want .

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry but wal mart whent to shit a while ago bud if your just figuring it out.........they used to have a decent sporting goods cheap..........put all the small places out of buisness and
now don't carry shit  ..........I hate the place ..........the only thing it's good for is pissing you off...
it should be BANNED.........
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Walmart is sucky but it is handy at times
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]

sucky but it is handy at times

that sounds like your describing my bedroom life!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Thats got to be bs i also have bought ammo between 12:30 and 2:00 with no probablem other than I had to check out with manager because had the keys.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:50:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey, at least the WalMarts here sell guns. From what I hear over on the east coast they don't even sell firearms. I know a chic that lives in Massachussettes, next time I talk to her I'll ask her to check on that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hey, at least the WalMarts here sell guns. From what I hear over on the east coast they don't even sell firearms. I know a chic that lives in Massachussettes, next time I talk to her I'll ask her to check on that.

I wouldn't blame Wal-Mart because of that though, I would blame the state.  It just might not be worth it to have to jump though the hoops to comply with some states' laws.  

Wal-Mart and Academy are about the only Sporting Goods/Hunting Stores worth a damn in the Tulsa Area.  Bass Pro looks purdy and all, but their prices are higher.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top