Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2003 6:48:20 PM EDT
IS ANYONE HERE A MEMBER OF RED CASTLE?
I AM INTERESTED IN JOINING. LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK, POSITIVE OR OTHERWISE.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a member yet, but I'm working on getting joined up.  Sent in my app and my money, have to wait for the board meeting this week to find out if I'm approved or not.  I have talked to a few people who are members out there and they love it.

I've only been out there once, watched a military bolt-action rifle match and checked the place out.  Saw how they were set up and was convinced.  It's great because all of their ranges are separate.  Shutting down the benchrest range to change targets doesn't shut down the pistol range, the long range rifle range, or any other range for that matter.  You do have to bring your own everything (rests, bags, targets, etc.), but that's not all bad.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the feedback. that`s in line with everything iv`e been hearing. i know a couple of people that are members, but they are very narrow minded. (their way or the highway type people).
iv`e been shooting and hunting since i was old enough to follow my dad and grandfather around the woods, but im just now getting interested in competition shooting.although ive shot 3-d archery tournaments for about 10 years. anyway enough rambling. thanks again for the input , hope to see you out there.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a member yet but I like it out there also.Waiting on a buddy to get a membership so he can take me..ha Would like to meet you guys sometime also. Glad you turned off you caps lock OUTALEAD..
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#4]
where do you guys shoot at now? i`ve been shooting at wagoner on the public land shooting range. it`s really nasty and they don`t keep it mowed anymore. no one picks up their mess so i think i`m going to quit shooting out there. i went to greenleaf state park for the fourth, down by cherokee public hunting area. they have a public shooting range with a covered bench area and they keep it mowed. it`s really clean. seems like people down there know how to clean up after themselves. sorry about the caps lock, i`m pretty much new at this computer thing.    
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot at Happy Hollow in Sapulpa from the time I was 7 until last March when the range owner decided he wasn't going to let people shoot T/C Contenders at 100 yards.  Went to the Red Castle orientation Saturday and went back out to shoot yesterday (Sunday).  Nice place.  I highly recommend you join.  Doesn't matter if you want to shoot really short range (5-50 yards on the pistol range) or really long range (600 yard matches w/ 1000 yard matches about 4 times per year), they've got it all.  They have a couple of wobble traps, a sporting clays field, and a skeet field or two, also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top