Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/6/2003 2:04:41 PM EDT
I have talked my wife into relocating our family to Oklahoma, if I can find suitable employment.

Does anyone have any contacts or job prospects that they are aware of?

I am open to any areas of Oklahoma, heck I even lived in Commanche/Waurika years ago.

I am a LAN/WAN Administrator, but I can do a heck of a lot of other things as well.

I can leave almost immediately if a job is available

thanks in advance!

dave

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:51:34 PM EDT
plumbers and pipefitters apprenticeship 5 years of school, starting wage around 12.00 hr. school 9 months a year 2 nights a week 3 hrs a night. raises every 6 months if you can do it.benefits start at 6 months.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:52:30 PM EDT
forgot to mention thats tulsa area
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:17:29 PM EDT
Start talking to the Oklahoma State Employment Service. A lot of companies now do all of their hiring through them and do not accept applications (does that make sense?).

I know that my company has hired a few people in jobs related to yours over the past year or so. If I see or hear something, I can pass along the information.

I think Tulsa (I live near OKC) would be the preferable place to live, but I guess you'll go where the work is.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:02:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jim_Dandy:
Start talking to the Oklahoma State Employment Service. A lot of companies now do all of their hiring through them and do not accept applications (does that make sense?).

I know that my company has hired a few people in jobs related to yours over the past year or so. If I see or hear something, I can pass along the information.

I think Tulsa (I live near OKC) would be the preferable place to live, but I guess you'll go where the work is.

I would prefer to stay in my new house for now, but there is little work to be had around here. I will see about getting registered with the OK state Employment service.

thanks!

dave
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:17:07 AM EDT
If you can find something in Tulsa, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a fairly cosmopolitan town with a wide range of entertainment and more public places to shoot than OKC. The so-called "world's largest" gun show is held there and it's fairly close (rather, closer) to public land and lakes if you and your family like the outdoors and camping. Really a little something for everyone.

Oklahoma City isn't bad, but we're not much more than an overgrown cowtown, oil field service center, and a series of truck stops. Gun shows here are LAME, there's only one public outdoor shooting range, and concert events are fairly limited.

The upsides to anywhere in the state are a low cost of living and affordable housing. The state post-secondary schools are all fairly good and offer reasonably priced tuition.

It's just not a bad place. Even my wife who's from the Gay State, I mean GOLDEN State (HA!) likes it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:37:52 AM EDT
Oklahoma State Employment Security Commission

There are a few jobs listed that may be of some interest.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:31:34 PM EDT
Email me your resume and I'll pass it around. There are a couple of related businesses in my building, and I know some of the guys. I don't know shit about what they do, but it is related to networks, electric abucuses, etc.

Jim_Dandy is right that Tulsa would be a good place, but I'm partial to OKC. I'll never live elsewhere again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:20:14 AM EDT
Thanks for the leads guys, we are heading back to Reno. We have family there, so we will have a place to live, until I can line up some work.

Thanks again,

dave
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:25:33 PM EDT
Gateway has a position open in OKC and Tulsa for a Tech Customer RepPT, no travel required, high school education and 3-5 years related experience required.

NDC Health has a position for a QA Manager for its Hospital Application Services Division, but it's based in Tulsa, so you might not want it.
Top Top