Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
One thing to remember is we must keep on the 3 dickwads who voted to table the AWB. You know bloomberg is pouring a shit ton of money to them to get them to change their votes. The only reason they voted against it was they weren't sure how to enforce it. Make them continue to realize that it is unenforceable.

Other than that, buckle up and get ready for the Va SAFE Act, as it is coming, sooner or later.

Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
NVM
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or have a simple rally on 1/20... right in the middle of  I395 near Long bridge Park.
View Quote

Didnt the law just get changed on this so that this essentially is not a crime.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One thing to remember is we must keep on the 3 dickwads who voted to table the AWB. You know bloomberg is pouring a shit ton of money to them to get them to change their votes. The only reason they voted against it was they weren't sure how to enforce it. Make them continue to realize that it is unenforceable.

Other than that, buckle up and get ready for the Va SAFE Act, as it is coming, sooner or later.

View Quote

So why not "lobby" their home turf?  Another conventional Lobby Day gives us nothing to gain anf much to lose.  A trap will be set this time and we will have played into their snare.  We need the 2A County Push and then some to occur at court houses across the Commonwealth and ignore the Racist gubna & Rapist Lt gubna ......that will make a difference. Don't play to their tune.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

This group, along with VCDL, put some heavy pressure on those 3 guys. They could use our help. They seem to be a no nonsense group that uses their resources wisely. https://virginiaconservatives.net/
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or have a simple rally on 1/20... right in the middle of  I395 near Long bridge Park.

I was being facetious,  I apologize.

What ever the plan,  I hope to contribute and support the effort any way I can.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Looks like it went well!  The police either did not want to confront marchers or were with them.  Hopefully this wasn't a "take their pictures, we'll deal with them later" type of thing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looks like it went well!  The police either did not want to confront marchers or were with them.  Hopefully this wasn't a "take their pictures, we'll deal with them later" type of thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's exactly what I'd expect them to be doing, but mainly using SIGINT to match license plate readers with car audio bluetooth, phone bluetooth, and IMEI to reconstruct the contact network.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I'd expect them to be doing, but mainly using SIGINT to match license plate readers with car audio bluetooth, phone bluetooth, and IMEI to reconstruct the contact network.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the NFA coalition can discharge firearms/shoot people at street events, make public calls for racism/harassment and trampling the rights of others and the police continue to roll out the red carpet.......the above response could spiral into a very dark tunnel.  Generality:  If cops honor their oath.....there is no concern.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
 If cops honor their oath.....there is no concern.
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I started going up to Richmond to lobby my legislators when Wilder was Governor.  I've had to miss some years, but have been there more years than not, often with family members, and had good interaction with the legislators.  

2020 was clearly different, with actually lobbying being more difficult and overshadowed by the sheer impact of our massive presence.  

As has been mentioned, actually lobbying for 2021 is rather up in the air, but that makes participation no less important.  I'd encourage us all to remember that the circumstances and plans will be rather fluid up to and including the day of - flexibility will be a virtue IMO.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Our POS government gave the space on the green to a gun control group instead of VCDL.  VCDL is planning a "rolling thunder" truck cruise through town instead.

Personally, I don't not having a permit changes the situation at all. The governor is trying to prevent Lobby Day from happening. It should happen even harder for that reason.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#16]
#Rolling4the2a #VCDL

https://mailchi.mp/0421861e91c2/va-alertvcdl-lobby-day-january-18-2021-rolling4the2a
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As has been mentioned, actually lobbying for 2021 is rather up in the air, but that makes participation no less important.  I'd encourage us all to remember that the circumstances and plans will be rather fluid up to and including the day of - flexibility will be a virtue IMO.
View Quote

I’m pretty sure the House already said it’s going to meet virtually - so they won’t be there to lobby anyway.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the House already said it's going to meet virtually - so they won't be there to lobby anyway.
View Quote

Good to know, sad to hear.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Just read the VCDL lobby day email.  This is gonna be yuge.  Bigly yuge.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just read the VCDL lobby day email.  This is gonna be yuge.  Bigly yuge.
View Quote

It was cringe worthy reading VCDLs “drive thru birthday party “ email.
I understand they really have a base that spreads from Karen’s to .mil let’s go to war types to fudds.
I’ll be going like last year. Marching in and being heavily armed. Freedom ain’t free and all

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#21]
So just to understand everything:

1) Lobby Day is officially not happening because someone out got the timeslot?

2) Instead we are going to do a rolling caravan drive thru?

Basically our voices will be silent this year and they can pass whatever they want as if everyone agrees to it?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Basically our voices will be silent this year and they can pass whatever they want as if everyone agrees to it?
View Quote

That idea in itself isn't bad, but going by a vacant GA in hostile RVA is silly......just wait until BLM/ANTIFA illegally stop a truck with Stars & Bars/Trump stuff and get the desired optical outcome and media help.  Just showing up in vehicles looks weak and lazy, reflect to those inept Biden rallies.  Now miles of convoy along an interstate-hwy to a hospitable staging area and organizing a message to our localities and DC would contrast the inappropriate and likely illegal behavior of a racist tyrant and goons that only continue to ignore and spite the voice of good standing citizens. Why is RVA important to us now, we aren't even being acknowledged as human?

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So why not "lobby" their home turf?  Another conventional Lobby Day gives us nothing to gain anf much to lose.  A trap will be set this time and we will have played into their snare.  We need the 2A County Push and then some to occur at court houses across the Commonwealth and ignore the Racist gubna & Rapist Lt gubna ......that will make a difference. Don't play to their tune.
View Quote

Agree - perhaps we should organize "trains" to and rallies  at the hometowns of these key Senators.

Also we need to consider the undecided Presdential election - if Trump keeps the job the left will go bonkers and be looking for a fight.

If Trump is cheated out of the job we may want to join forces with those opposed to "Systematic Vote Fraud" and pull them into whatever we do....
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agree - perhaps we should organize "trains" to and rallies  at the hometowns of these key Senators.

Also we need to consider the undecided Presdential election - if Trump keeps the job the left will go bonkers and be looking for a fight.

If Trump is cheated out of the job we may want to join forces with those opposed to "Systematic Vote Fraud" and pull them into whatever we do....
View Quote

No. Just one message. The Bill of Rights is not negotiable.

The minute you add anything else people will misinterpret everything you do.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No. Just one message. The Bill of Rights is not negotiable.

The minute you add anything else people will misinterpret everything you do.
View Quote

Definitely simple unwavering message.  We just look desperate trying to keep coming to Coonman, who just slongs us around more every year....fuck that guy, don't acknowledge him or play to his field.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll say it again.

This bullshit from the VCDL is weak sauce. We should arrive hours before the leftist gun grab rally, in far greater numbers, mass, stay and dare people to move us, armed or not. If we show with the numbers we had last year, exactly what the fuck are they going to do? Nothing. That's what. Nothing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Define "we".

If by we you mean the official VCDL position, yeah they are doing a rolling caravan.  But lobby day isn't just VCDL. Just like last year, thousands are going to turn out for a march right up to the capitol.

So "Lobby Day" is still on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Too bad that the six months' requirement wasn't in writing from the swamp to have more evidence to support a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Too bad that the six months' requirement wasn't in writing from the swamp to have more evidence to support a lawsuit.
View Quote
Gee, ya think?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'll say it again.

This bullshit from the VCDL is weak sauce. We should arrive hours before the leftist gun grab rally, in far greater numbers, mass, stay and dare people to move us, armed or not. If we show with the numbers we had last year, exactly what the fuck are they going to do? Nothing. That's what. Nothing.
View Quote

I'm down for this.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#31]
No matter what, I plan on being on the ground all day. Really looking forward to seeing lots of us there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Just a few things I have to say about this whole lobby day/ vcdl caravan thing as I see it come up all the time.

I’ve said time and again, VCDL is exceptional at what they do.

They exist only in the politics/ lobbying sphere.  That’s it.  That’s their wheelhouse.  Nothing more.  They’re GREAT at it.  They set the bar for state level organizations.  They’ve staved off gun legislation in VA for a long time.  Billions of bloombux have recently led to them losing some battles after 20 years, and only because they’ve been outspent by billions!

That said:
Armed/ full kit rally’s and demonstrations are far out of their purview.  To retain their standing as a legitimate lobbying entity, they HAVE to disassociate from and refrain from promoting those kind of things.

They MUST stay above board.

That also said, as was previously stated, LD is not just VCDL.  This past January brought people from across the country, every demographic and every alliance.

There is plenty of room for VCDL to do their caravan, just as there is also room for those of us that want to be armed, on foot, on the streets.  This is not unlike earlier this year, with those of us on 9th and Bank in kit, with others in suits behind the fence.  Same basic principle.

To dismay one approach or the other only serves to discourage attendance.  We can’t afford to do that.

With the potential for things to go sideways, coupled with covid bullshit (even some on our side are affected by/ have fear of the WuFlu), the caravan option actually opens up the possibility for more people to attend, and do so within their personal comfort zone (a whole convo can be had on how a caravan offering increased safety is actually a crock, but I digress).

Having a multiple pronged approach, appealing to the widest audience possible is always preferable.

Even if you think the caravan is stupid, it’s best to not harp on that as it may discourage people from attending.  It’s the mirror effect of the douchebags that invaded last years lead-up threads and shit all over everything.

Everyone willing and able should join us, in whatever capacity or role they are comfortable.

I plan to be armed and with my gear on the street.  But I’m not looking down on those who choose to be vehicle borne.  ALL PATRIOTS ARE WELCOME!

I guess the ultimate take away is that right now, we need to get people committed to just showing up. There’s plenty of time to hash out the details and logistics around how it should go down.

Also, there is a GD thread starting to shape up as well:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/VCDL-Lobby-Day-2021/5-2395199/?r=89442639&page=11&anc=89442639#i89442639

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I like vcdl as much as the next guy.

But they staved off gun control for X years with a republican majority (super majority for many of those years) in the house, and a majority in the senate.

That's.... not like a huge accomplishment. 1 HG a month getting killed was. The whole carry in bars thing was. Sure.

The sanctuary movement was huge but we don't have that momentum this year, and with covid, the cowards can stay home and pass laws from their bedrooms. I'm not sure anything we do changes much except to know we are motivated.

Anyone know when the Bipartisan redistrcting comes in? before 2021 elections? Perhaps leveraging this. While they love gun control they love power more.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like it is.

"K. Applications for Permits may be submitted up to 180 days in advance of the date of the proposed Event. The Department will deny Permit applications submitted more than 180 days in advance of the date of the proposed Event."

From here
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Looks like it is.

"K. Applications for Permits may be submitted up to 180 days in advance of the date of the proposed Event. The Department will deny Permit applications submitted more than 180 days in advance of the date of the proposed Event."

From here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like it is.

From here

Well, that’s not an accident.  

This is brazen, unmitigated and unconstitutional suppression of 1A rights.

Any lawyers in the house care to opine?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I have an idea...on Jan. 20th...since the House won't be there anyway...do the VCDL Rolling Thunder thing - then go to "The Nations Gunshow" (at a nearby offsite with parking and venue like RIR) and hold a GIANT rally (think Trump MAGA rally) and maybe a concert.   Ta-da!  Little something for everyone - a celebration of 2A.  The speakers at the rally should be TOP shelf and concert entertainment TOP shelf..  We need to draw everyone into this...mommies, grammies, veterans, LEO, fudds, you know-the rich panoply of gun owners.  The "government" needs to understand that "the people" are into their guns and are peaceful...until they aren't.  From the people perspective, we need a party - it's been a long Covid year.  And what better party than a HUGE rally, concert, and celebration.

And, no it's not too late.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have an idea...on Jan. 20th...since the House won't be there anyway...do the VCDL Rolling Thunder thing - then go to "The Nations Gunshow" (at a nearby offsite with parking and venue like RIR) and hold a GIANT rally (think Trump MAGA rally) and maybe a concert.   Ta-da!  Little something for everyone - a celebration of 2A.  The speakers at the rally should be TOP shelf and concert entertainment TOP shelf..  We need to draw everyone into this...mommies, grammies, veterans, LEO, fudds, you know-the rich panoply of gun owners.  The "government" needs to understand that "the people" are into their guns and are peaceful...until they aren't.  From the people perspective, we need a party - it's been a long Covid year.  And what better party than a HUGE rally, concert, and celebration.

And, no it's not too late.
View Quote

Ya know what?

While I don’t think this is something that should or could replace Lobby Day...

I, and just about everyone I know, would 100% attend something like this (separate from LD).

It’s a fantastic idea for a follow-on/ stand alone event.  

Where the hell you been and why haven’t you put this together yet

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'll say it again.

View Quote

This is exactly what we need to do. We may not have the platform and loudspeakers, but we can surely make ourselves noticed.....and heard.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#40]
LexConcord,
I'm just small fry, so I couldn't pull it off...but maybe VCDL knows a few people and maybe Ms. Elliot knows a few people and maybe, just maybe LexConcord knows a few people and Oh! maybe Ted Nugent knows some people.  It gotta' be real quality...it HAS to HAVE wide appeal.  Hell maybe we could make a weekend out of it!  We need to keep it light and airy...but pithy.  You know...just below the surface.  The people are peaceful...until they aren't.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is exactly what we need to do. We may not have the platform and loudspeakers, but we can surely make ourselves noticed.....and heard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll say it again.

Exactly. We can't let them unfairly make the rules and own the day. It is civil disobedience time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I like vcdl as much as the next guy.

But they staved off gun control for X years with a republican majority (super majority for many of those years) in the house, and a majority in the senate.

That's.... not like a huge accomplishment. 1 HG a month getting killed was. The whole carry in bars thing was. Sure.

The sanctuary movement was huge but we don't have that momentum this year, and with covid, the cowards can stay home and pass laws from their bedrooms. I'm not sure anything we do changes much except to know we are motivated.

Anyone know when the Bipartisan redistrcting comes in? before 2021 elections? Perhaps leveraging this. While they love gun control they love power more.
View Quote

It's a sure bet the democrats will have a hand on who they pick on this so-called "bipartisan" committee that is going to head the redistricting.

I disagree with your statement that VCDL hasn't been under pressure before. For a number of years they had to fight against a democrat held senate and/or house. The only difference between then and now is that up until 2016, democrats didn't run on gun control platform. As a matter of fact, even saying one thing about gun control meant the end of your career. All that changed recently with the shift to radical left since the Trump admin. It seems like they're very angry that Trump got into office and on top of that they're putting it all out on the table that they want socialism, gun control, anti-police, etc all the things that would have ended their politcal career just before 2016.

It's unclear how these people are getting voted into office but the fact is they're not hiding the fact that they're radical, want socialism, want gun control, even wants to kill babies even when they're born or living a few years, want to end the police, want to destroy the right and get rid of the GOP completely. The fact is they're being vindicated with the fact that people are in fact voting them in office.

My thought: no amount of lobbyist, even VCDL, stands a chance against them. Their part is clear: either you're with them, or they're going to end your life. They're going after people's jobs, after their livelihood, after anything they can because you're not with them. Just look at the covid-19 crisis. The governor is punishing those who didn't donate to the democrat party but at the same time, giving freedom and protection to those who did donate to his party. People should be furious, outraged. If something like this happened 50 years, just 100 years ago, they would be dragging people out on the streets and electing new governors, mayors, congress. But in today's world, everyone is just on the internet talking about how wrong things are, myself included.

My thought: 2021 is going to be a tough year. With the radical executive branch controlling this nation, with a possible senate bypass at the national level, we can see a very radical country, a very radical state come out in the next year. Imagine a country that's running on two branches of the government and that's going to happen in 2021 with the GA runoff elections. They're already making a hit list of people they want to end who were in the Trump admin. Democrats hate the middle class, and they're coming after us next year. Gun control will be the least of our concerns. The democrats are foaming at the mouth on what they can do. I think many of them are making a hit list right on their public social media. They can't wait for 2021. They want to make sure you see what they can do and they're going to tell you to either vote for them or risk facing the same consequences.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Exactly. We can't let them unfairly make the rules and own the day. It is civil disobedience time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll say it again.

Ditto, I'm all for saturating the area with Patriots and making it saucy.
The caravans will help in a broader visible sense but it's time for some in your face diplomacy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ditto, I'm all for saturating the area with Patriots and making it saucy.
The caravans will help in a broader visible sense but it's time for some in your face diplomacy.
View Quote

Ditto x 2, diversity of tactics. Some in caravans, some showing early, some in suits heckling tyrants, so possibly breaking misdemeanor "laws"

Any way we can set up a bail or legal defense fund in advance? Any larger groups supporting this?
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I am a soft target for these RIC scum.  I live in this area and if they do the "take pictures and deal with them later" scenario, I will be first on the list.

Is there an option where I can march with a group or something.   I don't know if the buses are all taken up or not?  I am willing to march in a group or whatever.  I just don't want to be alone and I don't want my car or cellphone anywhere these local guys can tag me?  
Its just too easy for them pick me because of their laziness.

Anyone need medical support?  I was the medical guy who brought medical gear and passed it out in the TOC last year.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Just come down and join us.
As others suggested, turn off your cell phone and any other blue-tooth devices on the way in and join us on the ground.
I guarantee, you will have plenty of company. With our President calling for support in DC Jan 6, got a feeling some momentum and numbers will translate to Richmond.
Got reservations for 2 nights at ground zero this time. Time for some pushback.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just come down and join us.
As others suggested, turn off your cell phone and any other blue-tooth devices on the way in and join us on the ground.
I guarantee, you will have plenty of company. With our President calling for support in DC Jan 6, got a feeling some momentum and numbers will translate to Richmond.
Got reservations for 2 nights at ground zero this time. Time for some pushback.
View Quote

Copy, no worries.  Oh, I will be there one way or another.  I will be back to my old silent, professional  conservative and concealed ways if I am solo.
I Just really liked the open carry long rifle thing last year.  Wish I would have started earlier.  I was one of the fools who thought we should all be in ties or polos and wait our turn.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:48:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A valid COA (course of action) should be suitable, feasible, acceptable, distinguishable and complete.

What if there is another, more effective, course of action than meeting in Richmond on January 18th?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top