Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 10/18/2017 6:31:41 PM EDT
Is this really happening?  Are we really going to get Ralph Northam?  WTF?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not looking too good. Fucking NOVA cucks are still suffering from Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder and will show their rage at the polls next month...
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember, the polls have been way off in Virginia in recent years.

Get out an vote and drag anyone you can with you.  Turnout is key!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
They keep saying the polls are within the margin of error.

The same pollsters predicted a Hillary blow out win.

Red Ralph might have to go back to just being a doctor.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:31:05 AM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't help matters any that the far-right lunatic fringe insists that the Republican nominee be an anti-abortion zealot. You would think by now that the Republican party had learned that Virginia voters have accepted the abortion-on-demand mantra, and will not vote for an anti-abortion candidate. Northam will win, and it will be because of Gillespie's stand on abortion.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They keep saying the polls are within the margin of error.

The same pollsters predicted a Hillary blow out win.

Red Ralph might have to go back to just being a doctor.
View Quote
Hillary won Va by over 5%, more than the 4+-% King Barackus the 1st won Va in his re-election. Red Ralph is the next governor. NOVA is just too much to overcome.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#6]
The good news is the state legislature will remain Republican controlled, and like McAuliffe, Northam will talk about his agenda but will be virtually unable to accomplish much.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hillary won Va by over 5%, more than the 4+-% King Barackus the 1st won Va in his re-election. Red Ralph is the next governor. NOVA is just too much to overcome.
View Quote
Apples to oranges.  There will be less votes cast and of this voting population and less personal/emotional attachment.  Would Hillary have won here without the massive community organizing efforts and voter fraud?  Northam has weakened himself with the flagrant attacks on the 2A, statues, immigration, coal/economy and stirring the justice pot.  Quite a few of my friends that voted for Hillary(or against Trump) will not be punching D this time around.  We are choosing a milquetoast lobbyist taking on traditional R values vs a sellout, brazen, hardcore progressive Dem that will be worse than McAwful.  This may also be the first election cycle where at least one of the Dems has called for gun confiscation....that's huge to Virginians.  Also remember in the last gov cycle we had a faux Libertarian, the GOPe sell out, Boling endorse then Dem, and bit more left and right wing extremism in play.......this is a very different election and we can stop Northam, even with if the weakest R.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Apples to oranges.  There will be less votes cast and of this voting population and less personal/emotional attachment.  Would Hillary have won here without the massive community organizing efforts and voter fraud?  Northam has weakened himself with the flagrant attacks on the 2A, statues, immigration, coal/economy and stirring the justice pot.  Quite a few of my friends that voted for Hillary(or against Trump) will not be punching D this time around.  We are choosing a milquetoast lobbyist taking on traditional R values vs a sellout, brazen, hardcore progressive Dem that will be worse than McAwful.  This may also be the first election cycle where at least one of the Dems has called for gun confiscation....that's huge to Virginians.  Also remember in the last gov cycle we had a faux Libertarian, the GOPe sell out, Boling endorse then Dem, and bit more left and right wing extremism in play.......this is a very different election and we can stop Northam, even with if the weakest R.
View Quote
Hopefully you are correct, the only hope I have is that Gillespie almost beat Warner.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hope that you are correct. But I fear that you are not.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It doesn't help matters any that the far-right lunatic fringe insists that the Republican nominee be an anti-abortion zealot. You would think by now that the Republican party had learned that Virginia voters have accepted the abortion-on-demand mantra, and will not vote for an anti-abortion candidate. Northam will win, and it will be because of Gillespie's stand on abortion.
View Quote
Gillespie is far-right and an anti-abortion zealot? Please..... Hes a moderate Rino at best,  that opposes abortion ( just like 50% of the country does). The stupid commercial that Northam keeps running is the dumbest ad I've ever seen. Are the dem voters that ignorant that they think a State Governor can somehow outlaw abortion. Apparently so.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Northern Virginia was a mistake.  It certainly looks like yet another commie will be the next resident of the Governor's Mansion.  It's most unfortunate.  I hope Gillespie wins and I will go out on Election Day and vote for him but his chances do not look good.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The good news is the state legislature will remain Republican controlled, and like McAuliffe, Northam will talk about his agenda but will be virtually unable to accomplish much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This is true, of course, but it still will suck is Comrade Northam wins and I'd say the smart money is certainly on him as of now.

Quoted:

Pretty much my thoughts.  Perhaps if we could find a likeable candidate we'd be able to win.  The last gubernatorial candidate I voted for that I actually liked was Bob McDonnell and that unfortunately did not end well for the perception of the VAGOP (even though I still contend he did nothing wrong).
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Get out an vote and drag anyone you can with you.  Turnout is key!
View Quote
This right here.  Turnout tends to be EXTREMELY low, and margins can be close.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#14]
The amount of Northam ads is mind blowing. WSET's morning news has 1 or 2 every commercial break it seems.
Dingbat Biden and King Barackus apparently are campaigning for Red Ralph.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The amount of Northam ads is mind blowing. WSET's morning news has 1 or 2 every commercial break it seems.
Dingbat Biden and King Barackus apparently are campaigning for Red Ralph.
View Quote
Our news is pretty equal I think

But as far as yard signs, I have yet to see a Northam sign in my area. All I see is Gillespie.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#16]
My area of Forest usually votes R so most of the yard signs are for the locals running, haven't seen many Gillispie signs and no Northam.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#17]
As was said earlier, off year elections are all about turnout.

Apathy will be the only thing to let that bastard Northam win.

GO OUT AND VOTE!
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Northam and his supporters are right in line with many of our leftist betters:
Attachment Attached File

That sort of thing pisses me off mightily.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Northam and his supporters are right in line with many of our leftist betters:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145914/Rules_are_for_the_Little_People-338841.JPG

That sort of thing pisses me off mightily.
View Quote
Northam's a VMI grad, wonder how much $ he's funneled into the alumni org...  
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Northam's a VMI grad, wonder how much $ he's funneled into the alumni org...  
View Quote
Yes, he is, and he is milking that for all it is worth.  Not everyone buys it though- there are a lot of alum who despise his values and policies.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As was said earlier, off year elections are all about turnout.

Apathy will be the only thing to let that bastard Northam win.

GO OUT AND VOTE!
View Quote
Let's hope the weather in NoVA is terrible on Election Day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
can't stop northern virginia and richmond
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
can't stop northern virginia and richmond
View Quote
I sincerely hope you're wrong.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I sincerely hope you're wrong.
View Quote
Quite true though. I watched the Cucinelli vs McShitbag election night. Cooch was whipping his ass all night from 5-7% generally, then Nova started reporting in, dropped 3% with just the 1st precinct in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quite true though. I watched the Cucinelli vs McShitbag election night. Cooch was whipping his ass all night from 5-7% generally, then Nova started reporting in, dropped 3% with just the 1st precinct in.
View Quote
I remember that.  It looked so promising, I was texting a friend of mine who kept telling me not to get too excited, NOVA always reported late and would wipe it all Cucinelli's lead out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone see recent polls?  I figured a new poll would be released today but I haven't found one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't worry Virginia will cut off its nose to spite its face again ... its been doing it the whole time I've lived here 12 1/2 yrs .. Oh its not just NOVA or transplants there are plenty of born and raised Virginians voting for ole Ralph ....
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Don't worry Virginia will cut off its nose to spite its face again ... its been doing it the whole time I've lived here 12 1/2 yrs .. Oh its not just NOVA or transplants there are plenty of born and raised Virginians voting for ole Ralph ....
View Quote
Why can't you just let a man have some hope for the future?

Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Coupled with the flyers it seems like this would be a great video to use in an ad blanketing Richmond.

Ralph Northam (D) refuses to shake hands with EW Jackson
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Holy crap, what a dickwad.  Would not even shake his hand

RAAAACIST!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Holy crap, what a dickwad.  Would not even shake his hand

RAAAACIST!!!!!
View Quote
It would help quite a bit in Richmond especially if Gillespie had a third party run some ads painting Red Ralph as a racist.  The blacks will never vote for Gillespie but they might just stay home.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#33]
For once, I hope that rag is right about something.

Gillespie definitely has momentum at the moment.  I hope he continues to push the issues and not make it about Trump like Northam has done.  I'm nervous because I desperately do not want another four years of a commie in the Governor's Mansion.  Fingers are definitely crossed and prayers being sent.

I hope the GOP is funneling all the money Gillespie needs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I donated 200 beans to his campaign a couple of days ago.  Time to get off the sidelines and get in the game folks.  They need to buy more TV and radio spots.  The other side is hitting hard.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I’m nervous as hell about this election. That piece of shit Northam is already talking about banning shit. We are going to end up on the restricted state list that nobody ships to. We need to be out in full force. Bring your friends, bring your family, do something.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I’m nervous as hell about this election. That piece of shit Northam is already talking about banning shit. We are going to end up on the restricted state list that nobody ships to. We need to be out in full force. Bring your friends, bring your family, do something.
View Quote
No we are not.

VCDL OWNS the VA House of Delegates.

That being said we cannot be complacent, and must defeat the gun grabbers whenever we can.

But don't spread FUD.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No we are not.

That being said we cannot be complacent, and must defeat the gun grabbers whenever we can.

But don't spread FUD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No we are not.

But don't spread FUD.
Cue Han Solo "Don't get cocky kid"
The house may be red now but anything can and will change. The senate is barely in our control. Bloomberg fucking hates Virginia. He has enough money to destroy the VCDL if he ever got a wiled enough hair up his ass.
Speaking of that, the out of state money funneled to Va Democrats is beyond fucking disgusting. Cali and NY buy the governorship.
The fact that Gillespie says he is getting out there, shaking hands, knocking on doors hopefully means he can pull it out. The D's have a severe advantage over the R's in this regard usually.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

For once, I hope that rag is right about something.

Gillespie definitely has momentum at the moment.  I hope he continues to push the issues and not make it about Trump like Northam has done.  I'm nervous because I desperately do not want another four years of a commie in the Governor's Mansion.  Fingers are definitely crossed and prayers being sent.

I hope the GOP is funneling all the money Gillespie needs.
View Quote
It is sad to think that He came so close to knocking Warner out. If he loses to Northam, I have little doubt Va can rid itself of special Timmay, even if Northam loses, I still think special Timmay is in.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No we are not.

But don't spread FUD.
View Quote
Not trying to spread anything. Just saying we need to get out there and vote so shit like that doesn’t happen.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not trying to spread anything. Just saying we need to get out there and vote so shit like that doesn’t happen.
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#41]
After the AG screwed around with CHP reciprocity the Dumbs got their clocks cleaned.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#42]
It will only happen if Republicans stay home again like they did in 2013.

Cuccinelli lost by 50,000 votes because 800,000 Republicans got "raptured" only to return 3 years later.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Cuccinelli lost by 50,000 votes because 800,000 Republicans got "raptured" only to return 3 years later.
View Quote
Turnout is always key.  The electorates are much different in off-off-year elections.  Unfortunately, I don't think Gillespie makes Republicans excited to go out and vote for him.  I'm going because I'm politically active and a GOP lifer but more passive voters might stay home.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes.  Can't repeat this enough.  Go vote early.  Tell your friends to vote.  Drive your co-workers to vote with you, whatever you can do.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Coupled with the flyers it seems like this would be a great video to use in an ad blanketing Richmond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqO4u0yrkjA
View Quote
Wow.

Yes, this should be spread far and wide.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Gillespie has some momentum building.  Another new poll released today (October 25) from Hampton University has Gillespie in the lead.

Republican candidate Ed Gillespie, who is running for Virginia governor, is ahead of his Democratic challenger, Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam, according to poll results released Wednesday.

Gillespie is ahead of Northam by 8 percent, the Hampton University Center for Public Policy found in a poll released Wednesday. Forty-one percent of voters said they would vote for Gillespie and 33 percent said they would vote for Northam. Meanwhile, 27 percent of respondents said they were undecided.
View Quote
from Washington Examiner
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm hoping that poll stays accurate!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Gillespie has some momentum building.  Another new poll released today (October 25) from Hampton University has Gillespie in the lead.

from Washington Examiner
View Quote
Meh, I'm a pessimistic mother fucker, so I doubt he has an 8 point lead, I believe Gillespie is ahead by about 2% or so. Let's face it, unless the D's run a moron campaign like Creigh Deeds, it will always be a close race for Governor until NOVA completely takes over.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cuchinelli also lost because he needlessly went out of his way to alienate moderate voters. Especially women. Gillespie is a moderate, and I'm tentatively voting Republican for the first time in 6 years. I just hope if he wins, State Republicans won't go crazy and start banning abortion or something. I'd be thrilled if they can stick to real issues such as limited government and fiscal responsibility.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top