Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2017 8:16:24 AM EDT
Good morning. This morning one of my projects is to higher an exterminator. I am looking for recommendations and or if anyone here works for a company that does a good job as well. I would like to get this nailed down and scheduled today (not that the work has to be done today) that would be great! Thanks for the recommendations as well as the advice on what to look for. I am in the Winchester area. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#1]
What you trying to get rid of?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry, didn't see your post till today. I have several natural critters that I can come to expect (crickets, silverfish, some kind of centipede that I have no idea the name, and my wife said that maybe she saw a roach). However, we also have a group of snakes that keeps getting into the house. I don't mind a snake in the yard and in fact prefer them over mice. I just don't want my kids or wife to get bit pulling a blanket out of the closet or as they go down the stairs. 

I guess I need something to get rid of the animals and snakes. I did have one company come by and look at the house and they gave me a quote. I am open to other options as well. Thanks and sorry again. 
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrett Pest...Stephens City
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The city of Winchester and Frederick County Sheriff & Animal Control call me and my husband to remove snakes since they don't/won't do it.  99.99% of the time we're called out for harmless eastern black rat snakes.  This time of year they along with the bugs are looking for warmth which is why they're coming into your house, though they should start brumating for the winter soon.

The best way to remove snakes from your house is to get rid of the rodents that they eat.  If you have mice, rats, rabbits, moles, etc. you will have snakes.  Also if you have a bird feeder with seed get rid of it, the seed dropped on the ground attracts rodents.

Keeping the grass cut short, vegetation trimmed, brush piles cleaned up, etc. also helps as it reduces hiding places for snakes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sorry, didn't see your post till today. I have several natural critters that I can come to expect (crickets, silverfish, some kind of centipede that I have no idea the name, and my wife said that maybe she saw a roach). However, we also have a group of snakes that keeps getting into the house. I don't mind a snake in the yard and in fact prefer them over mice. I just don't want my kids or wife to get bit pulling a blanket out of the closet or as they go down the stairs. 

I guess I need something to get rid of the animals and snakes. I did have one company come by and look at the house and they gave me a quote. I am open to other options as well. Thanks and sorry again. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No biggie

When we moved into our home here in winchester we had a shitload of snake's ( seriously I'd catch one every other day outside or hear a scream from the basement ) living under the deck and old swimming pond (since filled in with before us) in the back yard.

#1 Bugs and silver fish I use Diatomaceous earth . Dust that shit in the basementalong the base of walls and out side ( like your having a GD party )

#2 Snakes inside belong to hobbes my cat. Snakes outside die by black lab or death by little dogs and hobbes if I don't get to them quick enough . House behind mine have grass that make you wanna do a controlled burn at times

haven't seen a snake in a while? so the minions are doing a good job then

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top