Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2017 12:20:43 PM EDT
"Positive progressive vision" is her campaign pledge.  She is on NPR right now.

She is extremely  anti-gun.  She spoke glowingly of "moms demand action."  

She gloated about naming her youngest purely out of hate  for President Trump following the inauguration of President Trump. And she regretted not attending the pro-terrorist women's March (which featured a convicted violent felon as a speaker).

Her experience is with the hyper-liberal dept of Labor, and she is undoubtedly opposed to out right to work laws.

Edit:  now she's praising illegal immigrants.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Tran has an opponent: https://www.lolita4delegate.com/

However, it's unlikely any Republican but Albo can hold this district.  

After November, I hope we remember this the next time the VCDL tells us that we can't do much worse than the moderate republican incumbent.  Albo wasn't an ally, but Kathy Tran aspires to lead the Anti's.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
All the more reason to get out and vote.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
She won.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Having just moved out of that area earlier this year, there was little chance she wasn't going to.  Her supporters tracked me down back in May during the primaries to let me know she was running and that I might consider voting for her.  They were on the ground motivating all the people in that district who helped put and help keep Connolly in office, and proudly support the rest of the tax and spenders.

Some of her most fervent backers are the same ones who also thought the FFX county meals tax was a brilliant idea, because how else were we going to pay for the bloated public school budget?  The concept of living within the $4 billion budget already provided baffled them.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having just moved out of that area earlier this year, there was little chance she wasn't going to.  Her supporters tracked me down back in May during the primaries to let me know she was running and that I might consider voting for her.  They were on the ground motivating all the people in that district who helped put and help keep Connolly in office, and proudly support the rest of the tax and spenders.

Some of her most fervent backers are the same ones who also thought the FFX county meals tax was a brilliant idea, because how else were we going to pay for the bloated public school budget?  The concept of living within the $4 billion budget already provided baffled them.
View Quote
So she could be Ho Chi Minh's grand niece?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tran has an opponent: https://www.lolita4delegate.com/

However, it's unlikely any Republican but Albo can hold this district.  

After November, I hope we remember this the next time the VCDL tells us that we can't do much worse than the moderate republican incumbent.  Albo wasn't an ally, but Kathy Tran aspires to lead the Anti's.  
View Quote
Albo was always anti-gun - IMO it is better to have a Dem then an anti-gun Republican.  

Unfortunetly the Republican Party has dominated by people who have no real interest in gun rights and lack the vision to see that the Dems have been manipulating Demogaphics as part of their strategy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Albo was always anti-gun - IMO it is better to have a Dem then an anti-gun Republican.  

Unfortunetly the Republican Party has dominated by people who have no real interest in gun rights and lack the vision to see that the Dems have been manipulating Demogaphics as part of their strategy.
View Quote
Your short sightedness amazes me.  The Anti-gun Republican won't crusade against us.  If it's a choice between someone who won't expand gun rights and someone who will ACTIVELY crusade against gun rights you are picking the later.

Tuesday was game changing for gun rights in VA, not just for the next 2-4 years but for the next 14.  Tuesday likely cost us redistricting.  Not only does that wipe out Republicans in the State Senate and the State House but it will cost us a few GOP congressmen from VA.  

Thanks for nothing VCDL.  Hope Bob Sadtler feels stupid.  You think having some weaker brothers in the legislature is a problem?  Wait until it is filled with a majority of rapid anti-gun liberals.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Your short sightedness amazes me.  The Anti-gun Republican won't crusade against us.  If it's a choice between someone who won't expand gun rights and someone who will ACTIVELY crusade against gun rights you are picking the later.

Tuesday was game changing for gun rights in VA, not just for the next 2-4 years but for the next 14.  Tuesday likely cost us redistricting.  Not only does that wipe out Republicans in the State Senate and the State House but it will cost us a few GOP congressmen from VA.  

Thanks for nothing VCDL.  Hope Bob Sadtler feels stupid.  You think having some weaker brothers in the legislature is a problem?  Wait until it is filled with a majority of rapid anti-gun liberals.
View Quote
There are always cranks online who have all the answers.  The squish Republicans are the ones who ensure that the pro-gun Republicans don't push pro-gun bills.   The NoVa Republicans used to win when they ran real conservatives - now NoVa is solidly Dem.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The NoVa Republicans used to win when they ran real conservatives - now NoVa is solidly Dem.
View Quote
NOVA was a lot different back then.  Take a look at Jackson Miller, Bob Marshall, and the other Pro-Gun Stalwarts up in NOVA that have been voted out. 
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
NOVA was a lot different back then.  Take a look at Jackson Miller, Bob Marshall, and the other Pro-Gun Stalwarts up in NOVA that have been voted out. 
View Quote
The major factor in the Republican demise in NoVA was Tom Davis - a horrible finger in the wind sell out.  

When I started NVCDL in 1994  the "pro-gun" legislators had passed gun contol bills for many years in a row.  We also had people who were upset that we went to "shall issue" CHP as it tightened things up in a couple counties.  Things are way better now because "pro-gun" districts actually have activists watching them now.  Phil Van Cleave is doing a great job running VCDL.  

Things are hardly bad - we tend to get more pro-gun stuff passed when Dems are in power anyway.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The major factor in the Republican demise in NoVA was Tom Davis - a horrible finger in the wind sell out.  

When I started NVCDL in 1994  the "pro-gun" legislators had passed gun contol bills for many years in a row.  We also had people who were upset that we went to "shall issue" CHP as it tightened things up in a couple counties.  Things are way better now because "pro-gun" districts actually have activists watching them now.  Phil Van Cleave is doing a great job running VCDL.  

Things are hardly bad - we tend to get more pro-gun stuff passed when Dems are in power anyway.  
View Quote
Sorry I dont see the logic in this at all?

These dems today are ALL AW ban wet dreamers. They practically run on it, with everytown and Moms demand action behind them. What pro-gun bill do you expect to pass with dems in power? What pro gun bill will anti gun northam sign?
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sorry I dont see the logic in this at all?

These dems today are ALL AW ban wet dreamers. They practically run on it, with everytown and Moms demand action behind them. What pro-gun bill do you expect to pass with dems in power? What pro gun bill will anti gun northam sign?
View Quote
You are a bit paranoid - 25 years ago banning " AW" was a realistic goal for the anti-gunners.  The chances of one passing in VA nowadays is slim to none.

In any event both the Dems and Republicans are becoming more polarized and neither party has much room for moderates anymore.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#13]
So if in 2 years they gain one seat in the senate, and two in the house, giving them complete control, we won't have an AWB?

"you dream, general".
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So if in 2 years they gain one seat in the senate, and two in the house, giving them complete control, we won't have an AWB?

"you dream, general".
View Quote
This.  The Democrats will push as far as they are able.

Tuesday killed gun rights in VA.  Not today or tomorrow, but in the next few years.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This.  The Democrats will push as far as they are able.

Tuesday killed gun rights in VA.  Not today or tomorrow, but in the next few years.  
View Quote
Unless we mount a stalingrad style defense? Yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top