Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2017 12:58:38 PM EDT
Who is going?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Ridiculous admission.

High prices.

Shady merchants.

Smelly suburban warriors who think they are tactical badasses.

Not to mention the odd people who want to yell about politics as you wait in line.  There's always that old dude that came alone in line who won't shut up.

No thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I need some optics for some AR15 pistols I've built, so I'm going to look through some before I decide.  But I can't get there until Sunday.  By that time, they will run out of half sour pickles!
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping to make it.  Not looking for anything in particular but might be tempted by some cheap blaster-grade 308.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I always go and rarely buy.  Where else can you put your hands on as many guns in a short period of time?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:03:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Was there today - non gun items sold OK, firearms and ammo were really slow.  I've got 7.62x39 well below what it's listed for online and it didn't move today.  Supposedly the show is sold out so far as tables are concerned, though I'm betting it's thanks to the large NRA display.

I'm betting there will be some nice bargains on Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was there today - non gun items sold OK, firearms and ammo were really slow.  I've got 7.62x39 well below what it's listed for online and it didn't move today.  Supposedly the show is sold out so far as tables are concerned, though I'm betting it's thanks to the large NRA display.

I'm betting there will be some nice bargains on Sunday.
View Quote
How much was the 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Gun prices are at near historic lows on many things. I would hope the pricing at the show reflects that. Also, the ammo prices I have seen (particularly on 5.56/.223) are lower than I have noticed in several years (perhaps pre-Sandy Hook). I will actually be right next door to the gun show for a birthday party today, and probably STILL won't bother with the $12 admission.

-shooter
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Supposedly the show is sold out so far as tables are concerned, though I'm betting it's thanks to the large NRA display.
View Quote
It sells out years in advance.  Often there are a few cancelations but they get bought up. 

It's the gun market.  It's slow, until it's not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How much was the 7.62x39?
View Quote
1000 for $200, 640 in a tin for $150.  International Police Supply.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I had not been there for quite a while.  The show seemed even bigger (did they add onto the Expo Center?).  Excellent prices.  Quite crowded today and it was hard to find parking.  The Garand Collectors had a nice exhibit.   Much more modern stuff and less C&R than you might have seen there 10-15 years ago.  Willards next door was also great, but expensive.  They have expanded so there is plenty of seating now.  

Lots of women attending as well as many Blacks and Hispanics.  And people there with their kids.  

Admission was free with NRA renewal, which was itself discounted by $10.  

I'll be attending the next show.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I usually drop in if I have nothing going on that weekend, but have missed the last couple.  This this time it was due to my pilgrimage to Green Top yesterday and needing to spend the day today working around the house.  Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I went.  Won't be going again for a while

Those that saw good deals, I wish I was shopping for the same things you were

9mm range ammo was $10-$20 more per 1000 than I can get it delivered to my door...and that's before tax

There were wild fluctuations in price for the same item...gen 5 glocks for example...I saw gen 5 g19s for $550...and I saw them for $625...even at $550 ($563 if you add the price of admission to the show) its not a deal, especially since it's a "cash price"....

Small parts for ARs and Glocks were more expensive than I can buy them for on Amazon

Even the target seller I normally buy targets from wasn't there

I'd love to hear what people thought were good deals at the show...maybe I'm not looking in the right places....hell, ammo was cheaper across the parking lot at Walmart....and it's free to get in there
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Did anyone stop by the Garand Collector's Association tables?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I expect the next one to be an absolute shit show...with news crews.  Probably good it took place this weekend and not next, during this news cycle.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did anyone stop by the Garand Collector's Association tables?
View Quote
I walked by them but didn't see look closely.  They did have a nice display of rifle grenades.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It sells out years in advance.  Often there are a few cancelations but they get bought up. 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Supposedly the show is sold out so far as tables are concerned, though I'm betting it's thanks to the large NRA display.

This year, they have been having trouble filling the tables. I lot of regulars have dropped out. Pretty easy to get a table at this show now if you want to pony up the $125.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:59:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I got a good deal on an optic from Kenzie's, that has two booths at this show.  It was worth my time and the entry fee just for this purchase, plus I got to see a bunch of other optics I've been reading and seeing ads about.  

I also got to look around at guns I've not considered before.  Actually SEE and HOLD them, not just watch YouTube videos.  

They did run out of half sour pickles by Sunday!
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got a good deal on an optic from Kenzie's, that has two booths at this show.  It was worth my time and the entry fee just for this purchase, plus I got to see a bunch of other optics I've been reading and seeing ads about.  

I also got to look around at guns I've not considered before.  Actually SEE and HOLD them, not just watch YouTube videos.  

They did run out of half sour pickles by Sunday!
View Quote
Peak Pickles? Should I run to Walmart and start neckbearding Kosher Dills?

I feel you know something you are telling the rest of us
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ridiculous admission.

High prices.
View Quote
I didn't see any of the other stuff.  The few "deals" I saw wouldn't have made up for the $26 admission price and the gas it took to haul my ass up from Quantico!

Hopefully, Fredericksburg will be better...
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:07:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I didn't see any of the other stuff.  The few "deals" I saw wouldn't have made up for the $26 admission price and the gas it took to haul my ass up from Quantico!

Hopefully, Fredericksburg will be better...
View Quote
Don't get your hopes up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:18:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Don't get your hopes up.
View Quote
At least F'burg is ONLY $12
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get your hopes up.
Chantilly is 13$, 12$ if you use the coupon.
Same Same
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Chantilly has Willard's right next door!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top