Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2017 8:53:23 AM EDT
Just got a note and a table for the IWLA Swap meet on Nov 12th.  Bunch of people from the VA HTF were there last year.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just got a note and a table for the IWLA Swap meet on Nov 12th.  Bunch of people from the VA HTF were there last year.
View Quote

I'm sure many know what you mean, but I don't.

What is it, and is it open to the public?  I love a good swap meet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, The Izaak Walton League of America/Arlington Fairfax Chapter (spearheaded by VAfish and others) opened an air rifle range for the kids and previously had a public swap meet to raise funds.   In years past firearms, BDUs, shooting gear, most hunting or camping items were sold.  IWLA is in Centreville VA near 28, 29 and 66.

I didn't want to publish the email contact info since she isn't on ARFCOM, but happy to pass it along via PM or email.  Tables are $10 per.  I have a table and if you have a couple of items I'm happy to share a table.  Lat time there were about 6-12 HTF members there.

You also don't have to have a table, you can show up and buy things as well!  

I wanted to post a hold the date PSA and once there is a public flier, someone will post it here or a link to the IWLA site.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sorry, The Izaak Walton League of America/Arlington Fairfax Chapter (spearheaded by VAfish and others) opened an air rifle range for the kids and previously had a public swap meet to raise funds.   In years past firearms, BDUs, shooting gear, most hunting or camping items were sold.  IWLA is in Centreville VA near 28, 29 and 66.

I didn't want to publish the email contact info since she isn't on ARFCOM, but happy to pass it along via PM or email.  Tables are $10 per.  I have a table and if you have a couple of items I'm happy to share a table.  Lat time there were about 6-12 HTF members there.

I wanted to post a hold the date PSA and once there is a public flier, someone will post it here or a link to the IWLA site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!  And yeah, I'm always the buyer.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow,

I just got the e-mail and came here to post the same thing and Olivers beat me to it.

I have the organizers contact info as well if Olivers doesn't respond quick enough.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be interested in a table
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would be interested in a table
View Quote
Email sent.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
For some reason I thought it was this weekend.  Glad it is still a month away. 

@vafish
I have an old 8hp chipper/shredder which can only cut items around 1" or less.  Is it ok to bring this and leave it outside the building with a sign on it.  If it doesn't sell for what I'm asking I'll ask if IWLA will accept it as a donation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Good stuff.

Open to the public or members only?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good stuff.

Open to the public or members only?
View Quote
Open to the public, usually 6+ Arfcommers there.

2 week bump, nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Have they already hosted sight-in day?

BTW, we have a friend we met at the meet I wanna see (been working out of town for a month). May drop by...will wear my pink ARFCOM hat so you can ID me!
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have they already hosted sight-in day?

BTW, we have a friend we met at the meet I wanna see (been working out of town for a month). May drop by...will wear my pink ARFCOM hat so you can ID me!
View Quote
I've been busy so haven't been to the range, if anyone needs a sight in week of Nov 13 let me know.

One week to go for the swap meet.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I plan on being there with all kinds of stuff to trade and sell.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I plan on being there with all kinds of stuff to trade and sell.
View Quote
Same.  Will have a bunch of Gen2 PMAGs as I just bought some Gen 3s...
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Dang it. Working that day.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Got a message that tables are all taken and a waitlist for tables.

Sunday 2:00pm open. 1:00 setup.  $2 entry fee towards air rifle range for the children.

I have a table if you have a few items to sell.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#16]
This a good place to pick up a few upper receivers?
I also have an old Remington 597 with volksquarten trigger that I want to swap or get rid off. Can non members show up to swap or sell rifles or do you need a table?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This a good place to pick up a few upper receivers?
I also have an old Remington 597 with volksquarten trigger that I want to swap or get rid off. Can non members show up to swap or sell rifles or do you need a table?
View Quote
Not sure on uppers, it depends on what people bring out.  PSA or other since its not an ffl item.

Technically you need a table if your selling, if you have few items i or one of the Arfcommers can help.  

Open to the public to buy and trade.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Just so happens that I'm going to be the RSO on duty for the trap and skeet range on Sunday(12-5).

Stop by and say hi guys, and if you want to shoot a round or two of trap or skeet.  I will have my 'loaner(Beretta A303)" shotty there if you want to borrow it.  BYOB though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Dupe
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just so happens that I'm going to be the RSO on duty for the trap and skeet range on Sunday(12-5).

Stop by and say hi guys, and if you want to shoot a round or two of trap or skeet.  I will have my 'loaner(Beretta A303)" shotty there if you want to borrow it.  BYOB though.
View Quote
I'll drop by and see if i can test a couple of my shotguns.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#21]
What time does this end?
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What time does this end?
View Quote
Goes from 1400 to 2000 today.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#23]
HOw do you think turnout will be?
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice setup. Small.
Pretty good deals on some stuff.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Happy to see a good Afrcomm turnout!  By 1730 or so most people already had headed out!
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Happy to see a good Afrcomm turnout!  By 1730 or so most people already had headed out!
View Quote
Yup!  Was fun to catch up with the ARFCOM crowd.  Turnout was a bit low, but that's likely the result of it being on a sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Great Time with the Arfcom Crew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top