Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2017 11:46:15 AM EDT
I hold a current Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit.

Anyplace along the route I can't carry on my person or in the car?

Any local nuances in the law anywhere along the route that I should be aware of?

Hoping for and uneventful journey.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
go to handgunlaw.us and print out the pages for the states you'll be in. Yes, there are differences in places not allowed, and in some of those states you must notify police.

Oh, and stick to the speed limit for about twenty miles each side of Emporia, VA
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe you can conceal carry on every state between VA and FL, only stipulations being that GA and FL only honor a VA resident permit.

When you pass through North Carolina, I think you have a duty to inform law enforcement that you're carrying if you get stopped. Not sure of the other states.

And like it was said above, absolutely do not speed through Emporia.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd bump that out to 30 miles on Emporia, I work there and the Emporia PD, Greensville SO, VASP run a Revenue Enhancement Scam hard in this area. Not uncommon to see 4-5 LE vehicles operating radar in the same area.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe you can conceal carry on every state between VA and FL, only stipulations being that GA and FL only honor a VA resident permit.

When you pass through North Carolina, I think you have a duty to inform law enforcement that you're carrying if you get stopped. Not sure of the other states.

And like it was said above, absolutely do not speed through Emporia.
View Quote
SC and FL do NOT honor non-resident permits. GA however does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top