Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/4/2010 8:09:09 PM EDT
I've been a NOVA resident for about a year now. My job and new child keeps me fairly busy. But would like to join this club since it's close to me. Problem is, I don't know any members for sponsorship. Any ideas? Tried emailing, but no reply.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:12:43 AM EDT
They have a monthly rifle match, if you go and start talking to people, you might make a few friends.
Somebody has been posting the matches here in home town, but I am not to sure who.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:27:59 AM EDT
WEG is the one posting up the NRA high power matches.

That's probably your best bet, show up for a few of those, get to know people, sign up for other stuff.

I shoot trap and skeet there (though I'm not a member) and if I had the cash, I'd probably join.

Buuuuuuuuuut I don't.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:48:59 AM EDT
They are having an open match tomorrow, might be a good time to get to know members

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=421459

WEG and crew put on numerous matches throughout the year that allows you to shoot without being a member.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:33:56 AM EDT
dammit, i hafta work tomorrow.

whens the next event after labor day?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:29:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By chillindrdude:
I've been a NOVA resident for about a year now. My job and new child keeps me fairly busy. But would like to join this club since it's close to me. Problem is, I don't know any members for sponsorship. Any ideas? Tried emailing, but no reply.

There is also a month Bench Rest match at the club. I would suggest attending it also. We recognize AR and Factory rifles as well as the Custom Bench Rest rifles. Drop me an E-mail if you're interested in the Bench Rest matches. I attend most of them.

Adrian
avangorder at aol.com
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:17:47 AM EDT
There is also the Izaak Walton League in Centerville off of Route 28 at Bushmill Rd. Just follow Bushmill until you hit Mount Olive Rd.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:55:43 AM EDT
dammit, i hafta work tomorrow.

whens the next event after labor day?

That cough doesn't sound too good, you'd better call in sick.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:32:31 AM EDT

Last I heard there waiting lit was still years long.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:00:48 AM EDT
Associate memberships(non-voting) are less than a year generally.
Top Top