Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2010 10:49:38 AM EDT
Ok so as i said in another post my days off from work have changed yet again.  I now have a day off through the week and i am able to go to the cove with everyone.

So lets get to it. I'm off Fridays and i want to see if ya'll are free to go to the cove and shoot some shit.  I have a new handgun i need to shoot and get broken in.

Let me know if it sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I have Tuesday the 7th off ...
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have Tuesday the 7th off ...

I'll close up shop on friday.  I need to test a couple things.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit, I have a an Appointment at the VA on Friday, I may cancel it, Since I am going to die with or without them what difference does it make if I go or not?  This one is the weight loss clinic, where I have to go and lie about what I ate and make excuses on why I have not lost any weight anyway.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shit, I have a an Appointment at the VA on Friday, I may cancel it, Since I am going to die with or without them what difference does it make if I go or not?  This one is the weight loss clinic, where I have to go and lie about what I ate and make excuses on why I have not lost any weight anyway.

Dibs on cars and guns?...
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just want my ole girl back when ya die.. haha. j/k you will out live us all.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
so 10:00 your place on Friday then HR?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll make Friday work. I get off work at 0830 but who needs sleep anyways?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just want my ole girl back when ya die.. haha. j/k you will out live us all.

You should see how that thing looks now.  Ron needs to come by and pick it up so he can put it back together and show you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
so 10:00 your place on Friday then HR?

Yep.  If I'm not there, hang for a few... I'll probably be dropping the kidlet off at the sitters.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I am working to clear both Thur and Fri appointments off the schedule.  HR I found the missing part.  It was on my workbench.  I missed it because with a coat of paint on the old stainless steel I did not recognize it.  I am now good to go with Turnskulls old M1.  I am going to try and drop by between appointments today and pick it up.  

ANGMSG (Ron)

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#11]
cool. bring her out Friday i'll bring my own ammo and say good bye to her propper

I'm looking forward to shooting Friday. I'll bring all the same ammo for said FA guns.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
HR I found the missing part.  It was on my workbench.

Glad that you found it. I was wondering.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#13]
No need to worry, I am getting to the age where I put things up so I don't lose them and then I can not find them again.  Shit Alzheimer's is great, I get a different woman every night.  My car is new every morning.  Every time I open the gun Vault I find something new.  Shit life is great then ya die!

BTW I am good to go on both Thur and Fri so if anyone wants to do two days I am in.

ANGMSG (Ron)
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#14]
We might get Earl'd out this week. Hurricane Earl will hit the eastern coast sometime Thursday into Friday.

I'll spend tomorrow checking the preps.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#15]
@turnskull, not looking good for Friday man. Hurricane Earl and all.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#16]
pffft  what you can't shoot in the rain?  You'll never survive the zombies then. They never attack when its clear, sunny with a high of 75  
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
pffft  what you can't shoot in the rain?  You'll never survive the zombies then. They never attack when its clear, sunny with a high of 75  

IT's not the shooting in the rain part... I'm not hauling your civvie vehicle driving asses up that mountain trail in the mud.  But then again... I'd have the whole range to myself.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#18]
What, my Tacoma 4x4 wouldn't make it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Leave lots of brass for me when I showup Saturday AM.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It might not.  The trail is rough enough when it's dry.  In pouring rain, it could get fun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Leave lots of brass for me when I showup Saturday AM.  

I'll leave you all my berdan primered stuff!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#22]
If its brass, thats cool.  Wonder what the exchange rate of brass is currently.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#23]
This is a bug out drill we park at the main parking area and hike up to the range.  

well i wasn't planning on driving since i only have a 4x2.  So  guess im out of another one.    I really can't wait until i join IWL then i can shoot every day after work.   and only drive 5miles from home to do it..

Well i might see if i can barrow the F150.  But if it is rain'n its a no go anyway.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is a bug out drill we park at the main parking area and hike up to the range.  

well i wasn't planning on driving since i only have a 4x2.  So  guess im out of another one.    I really can't wait until i join IWL then i can shoot every day after work.   and only drive 5miles from home to do it..

Well i might see if i can barrow the F150.  But if it is rain'n its a no go anyway.

You I'll give a ride up to the range with... anything to change yer anti ways.  

Just don't mind the banjo music...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:27:18 AM EDT
[#25]
As long as your willing to get out and push, you can ride with me.  I will bring your old girl along you can sight her back in.  When HR Parks, everything came off the old girl.  Sue was butt nekid when we put her in the tanks.  Your not going to recognize her when I am totally finished.  Stock did not come out as well as I would have liked since there are two kinds of wood in the set.  I am ordering a new stock for the other Garand and the one on that one is going on your old girl.  Then I will have a spare.  See you tomorrow unless you chicken out on us.  Bring lots of 06 in clips.

ANGMSG (RON)
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#26]
No I will be there and I'll have the ammo
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It might not.  The trail is rough enough when it's dry.  In pouring rain, it could get fun.

Meh, Gota call BS.  My 4x2 made it about 3 days after a healthy rain.  A 4x4 shouldn't have serious problems, IMO.

My 4x2 is a '97 4Runner, no significant weight in the trunk either.  Minor slippage.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, Gota call BS.  My 4x2 made it about 3 days after a healthy rain.  A 4x4 shouldn't have serious problems, IMO.

My 4x2 is a '97 4Runner, no significant weight in the trunk either.  Minor slippage.

If you feel you can do it...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Mike PM me what toys your bringing so i know what ammo to pack along...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Mike PM me what toys your bringing so i know what ammo to pack along...

Well, what do you want to shoot?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#31]
hmmm.  AK47, and M16 for sures.   And a MP5 would be kinda cool to shoot.   I have ammo in the box for all 3 cals.  Plus .22 converstion if your willing to let us use it for some really cheap FA fun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm bringing extra 9mm, .45, 7.62x39 & .223 for the FA goodies.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok... AK, M16, MP5, MP5SD... anything else?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#34]
How about the 105 you have hidden in the back of the garage.  I know how to call fire adjustments.  You have to let me get back into my jungle fatigues and spin me around about a dozen times while yelling incoming.  that usually does it for me.  But then Sue usually just pulls me over by the Microwave and turns it on.  Damn metal plate in my head, when she does that I piss myself and cant remember my name for three or four days.  I hate it when she does that.

ANGMSG
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:44:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh Hell Ron, you like that and we all know it
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ok... AK, M16, MP5, MP5SD... anything else?

We need to see pics from the shoot w/ the above fun guns, sounds like a great time.  
You have motivated me to get out my FA M11/9 and blast it this weekend.  Just got a converted 71 round Suomi drum mag the other day for it, need to test it out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#37]
waiting for photos...

HR, did you take the Deuce ½ .  If not why not.  

I got to get out my 1919, its been over a year and if I wait much longer I'll forget how it works.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
waiting for photos...

HR, did you take the Deuce ½ .  If not why not.  

I got to get out my 1919, its been over a year and if I wait much longer I'll forget how it works.  

Nope, took the CUCV.  We had the 1919 out, the G3, the MP5, Thompson, Sterling, AMD-65, M16...  Man that was a blast.  A buddy of mine from NOVA was there and we had lots of full auto goodness happening.  I think Turnskull got some pics and vids.  He was quite soci-able today... he's coming out of the closet...er... um... I mean coming out of his shell.

In all seriousness, it was a grand time.  We had a blast... literally.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Yeah we did. I own a FN PS-90. I got to shoot the full auto version P-90 Shot the m-16, Thompson, Sterling and AK-47. What a hoot!

Thanks Hard Rock.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yeah we did. I own a FN PS-90. I got to shoot the full auto version P-90 Shot the m-16, Thompson, Sterling and AK-47. What a hoot!

Thanks Hard Rock.

Dude you made sweet love to that M16 bro.  I tell you what i thought we were going to have to take you down to pry it out of your hands..

Then again i guess i was the same way with the AK.  What can i say im a dirka dirka at heart.

I'm going to try and get a few 100 rounds of 8mm so next time HR can bring out the MG42.. and some more 9mike mike so i can shoot the Bren next time.  I can't wait until he gets the BAR up and running. I think i'll blow through my 06 quick...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you feel you can do it...

Trick is bringing enough friends to push
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Was up there today at 9am till about 1pm.  Beautiful day, 60-70 degrees and nobody for the first hour.  Then everyone left around 11 and was alone again until we were packing up.  

Guy in the house said there was a large fire up there yesterday (Saturday.) and they had to take up a fire truck.  An area about 30 yards squared was burnt on the right side of the longer range.  Looks like they cut down a tree or two also.  It appears it didn't burn high, just low and slow.  Lucky!   Guy said they drove down and reported it.  

Now I'm going to get the house number and program it into my phone just incase something like that happens to me.  Much easier to call then drive down 10 minutes to report a fire.

Found lots of 45acp brass and quite a bit 30-06.  Cleaning most if it right now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Was up there today at 9am till about 1pm.  Beautiful day, 60-70 degrees and nobody for the first hour.  Then everyone left around 11 and was alone again until we were packing up.  

Guy in the house said there was a large fire up there yesterday (Saturday.) and they had to take up a fire truck.  An area about 30 yards squared was burnt on the right side of the longer range.  Looks like they cut down a tree or two also.  It appears it didn't burn high, just low and slow.  Lucky!   Guy said they drove down and reported it.  

Now I'm going to get the house number and program it into my phone just incase something like that happens to me.  Much easier to call then drive down 10 minutes to report a fire.

Found lots of 45acp brass and quite a bit 30-06.  Cleaning most if it right now.

Wow!  that's messed up!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, I really liked the M-16. Although I need to get some ammo other than Brown Bear. The lacquer got hot,
melted and jammed it. I've never had that problem with my semi-auto.

The Cove isn't good for picking up brass although I did retrieve my .357 brass.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Cove isn't good for picking up brass although I did retrieve my .357 brass.

We put down a 12x20 canvas tarp and all the brass lands there.  Makes for easy brass pickup.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Good tip, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#47]
yeah thats what Ron did when we were there..

I used to do that in the past.  But i have buckets of brass i collected from sleepy creek. And i still have a few boxes of new brass. So with that i just don't care to pick it up anymore. someone else can have it.

Oh and if that 06 ammo was over by the longer range side, it was mine from Friday so you are welcome.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Hey, do me a favor and PM me that number.  I'll put it in my cell should I run across something like that when I'm there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top