Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/8/2010 8:44:06 AM EDT
Who's going to the air show in Martinsburg, WV?
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 9:14:27 AM EDT
I wouldn't mind going. i went to the very first one ever years ago and had front row seats right in front of the runway. When an f16 did a touch and go it shocked the damn chairs.

Are you guys going?
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 9:26:00 AM EDT
Says no backpacks or bags... I usually can take my 1 cubic ft camera bag with me. Anyone know if this is allowed?
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 9:49:02 AM EDT
I got drafted to help provide secuity on the DAV Sponsored B25 "Panchito" otherwise I would watch from my back yard. I hate crowds, but then I usuall set with my back to the wall anyplace I go to eat or anything else. Old habits are hard to break.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:03:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 7:
Says no backpacks or bags... I usually can take my 1 cubic ft camera bag with me. Anyone know if this is allowed?

Fanny-pack size bags and small purses ok, no large "tote" bags allowed. All bags get hand-searched per the web site.
Obviously CCW is out since it's on a military base.
Due to family plans we'll be going on Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:24:21 PM EDT
I have a friend whose backyard is on the North fence line, I may go watch from there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 3:08:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ANGMSG:
I got drafted to help provide secuity on the DAV Sponsored B25 "Panchito" otherwise I would watch from my back yard. I hate crowds, but then I usuall set with my back to the wall anyplace I go to eat or anything else. Old habits are hard to break.

I have always wanted to see that B25.....Darn shame Martinsburg is like another country from here
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 6:38:44 PM EDT
Ya'll think a Hydro pack would be ok? Its small only big enough for some snack bars and the water bladder.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 6:01:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TURNSKULL:
Ya'll think a Hydro pack would be ok? Its small only big enough for some snack bars and the water bladder.

Sounds like it's small enough to be ok. Just be ready for it to be searched on the way in.

There's an article in the Journal today about how traffic is going to be controlled/routed around the aiport during the show:
http://www.journal-news.net/page/content.detail/id/547501/Airshow-being-finalized.html?nav=5006
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:31:26 AM EDT
My wife, daughter & I are planning on making the trip - hope the weather allows it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 5:12:59 PM EDT
Out of town :(
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:44:26 PM EDT
bttt because it's this weekend!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:49:24 PM EDT
thunderbirds are already there.. i think i saw the rear wings tonight going home.. but it was at night so maybe i was seeing things.. wish i was off for the pratice runs
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:17:00 AM EDT
Looks like I'd better get all my stuff in hand before Friday. 1.5hrs to get from Tabler Station exit to the house just ain't cutting it again. No turning around allowed either, f'ing fat assed rent-a-cop touch my bike like that again I'll be getting off it instead of yelling.
Breathe, breathe.....aaaah.....

Sounds like a good weekend to paint, patch or, well, anything BUT drive around town. I'm just glad I'm not one of those folk who has to vacate their home during....
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:04:59 AM EDT
"I'm just glad I'm not one of those folk who has to vacate their home during...."

What's this about? Are you saying some folks are forced to vacate?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:27:26 AM EDT
Wife told me that folks around the airport were given the option of signing a waiver to stay home or 'evacuating' their homes during the performances. I called BS on it, but she insisted on it. She said 5mi, which I responded that we're within 4mi of it. I still called BS
Supposedly the evacuees get a free pass to the airport.
Yeah....that'll be all the incentive I need
For all you thiefs in the area....take heed....not everyone is vacating their homes during...but don't take my word for it..try it out.

Famous last words: But you weren't supposed to be home.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:36:14 AM EDT
im within 1.5 miles and i wasnt asked to leave
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:36:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By millerized:

Admission is supposed to be free anyway. The tickets are to sit in the grandstand.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:11:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

Admission is supposed to be free anyway. The tickets are to sit in the grandstand.

I'll just sit on my back porch....they fly overhead enough normally.

Now someone puts a drop tank or an F117 in my living room, I'm gonna be pissed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:39:16 AM EDT

I've seen your living room. An F117 would improve the decor.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:19:31 AM EDT

I've seen your living room. An F117 would improve the decor.

Yeah, but the property value would increase, so it's a win-win. Now if it took out the Gumps house....well, it would do the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:47:54 AM EDT
Now that's the kind of maneuvering I could get behind!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:44:47 PM EDT
im sure you could build a home made flak cannon and try to shoot them down so they land on said gump house..

"I'm kidding to all the feds reading this post. I no way shape or form would i want anything like this to happen nor would i suppor such actions taken by Miller if he so chooses to take out said gumps house with flak cannon and jet fighter.."
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:21:34 PM EDT
im sure you could build a home made flak cannon and try to shoot them down so they land on said gump house..

"I'm kidding to all the feds reading this post. I no way shape or form would i want anything like this to happen nor would i support such actions taken by Miller if he so chooses to take out said Gumps house with flak cannon and jet fighter. While I'll applaud his aim and audacity, (and laugh my f'ing ass off) ....it just ain't right (cause he didn't ask me to help)."

There, fizzed it fer ya.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:11:02 AM EDT
Sounds like a good weekend to paint, patch or, well, anything BUT drive around town...

Ya think? 60,000 to 80,000 expected to attend W.Va. air show
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:39:39 AM EDT
Good thing I'll be out of town. I'd get cranky after the 653rd person asked me if OC was really legal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:06:52 AM EDT
Sounds like a good weekend to paint, patch or, well, anything BUT drive around town...

Depending on Earl....of course. He makes a hard left....might not get to watch the birdies fly.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:18:03 AM EDT

Depending on Earl....of course. He makes a hard left....might not get to watch the birdies fly.

Sounds like they're up in the air right now. Been hearing some fast movers going for the last hour or so.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:29:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Simms13:
Good thing I'll be out of town. I'd get cranky after the 653rd person asked me if OC was really legal.

Absolutely no firearms permitted on the NG airbase. Military property ya know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:34:25 AM EDT
I was referring to around town, not on the .mil base.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:43:12 AM EDT
I'm going.
Been waiting 2 damm years for this...

Saw the Viper East show,and 1 F-16 was cool,so this line up should rock my world.

Do bring Earplugs.

Website says no Camelbacks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:46:40 AM EDT
The jets, Blue Angels? Woke me up yesterday playing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:53:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MikeSH:

Thunderbirds
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:30:15 PM EDT

The Thunderbirds...

Check this out..Total awesomeness in the air around Inwood
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:41:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2010 5:43:40 PM EDT by Drumstix61]
That just Rocked!

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/georgebury/T-Birds134.jpg

Here are some Pics I shot;

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65886

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?p=608790#post608790

ETA;
Looks like you must "Paste and Copy" the Link.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:24:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Drumstix61:
That just Rocked!

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/georgebury/T-Birds134.jpg

Here are some Pics I shot;

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65886

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?p=608790#post608790

ETA;
Looks like you must "Paste and Copy" the Link.

I took over 1000 pics today. UGH. I'll upload select ones to photobucket in the next day or so and post them here.

The show was great. I absolutely loved what my daughter asked. "Are the Thunderbirds dancing in the sky?" Absolutely wonderful!

Oh yeah, I want an A10.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:07:45 PM EDT
the A10 was there? damn it all to hell..............................................................................................................................
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:25:52 PM EDT
the A10 was there? damn it all to hell..............................................................................................................................

Yep, nice demo too. Got some awesome pics. Got to meet the pilot of the A10 that did the demo... really nice guy. Of course the kidlet was flirting with him big time. Sigh.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:37:05 AM EDT
Well the only Demo that matters would have been the big gun going full retard.. But im sure they didn't allow that..
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:49:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:23:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Drumstix61:

PS.
Anyone know why the #5 Bird has its number upside down and backwards?
Does it resemble another number too closely?

Cheers,Stix.

Great pics - thanks for sharing.

The #5 birds number is that way because he spends so much time upside down. Primarily when they do the opposing solos and do the fly by where he is inverted with the #6 bird. Makes it so that in pictures of those manuevers the number 5 is the in the correct orientation. Pretty cool really!

Dan.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:14:04 PM EDT
Sweet pics, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:06:36 PM EDT
The first photo, the long window next to the door (Right Side) was my office for close to 10 years. This was base ops, now it is HQ building because the old hanger will come down in November. I worked in the old hanger Bldg 110 for another 10 years 4 of which were full time. A lot of history in that old building. It housed the P51s and F86's it was a tight fit for the Super Connies (121's). It sure as hell beat sloging shit in the Army and then humping ammo for the M48's in the Army Guard. But all in all it was fun because it was real.

ANGMSG
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:28:38 AM EDT
Bumping for Hard_Rock pics...

@ANGMSG;

do you by chance know Jeff Hudson or Richard Robichaud?

I worked on their homes,and Lt.Col Robichaud said he could get me in their Simulator.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:54:27 AM EDT
How many of you folks that went got a sinus infection not long after the show?

Just asking...I know of a few, probably close to a dozen that got sick afterwards. Just wondering if it was 'something in the air' so to speak
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:44:31 AM EDT
How many of you folks that went got a sinus infection not long after the show?

Just asking...I know of a few, probably close to a dozen that got sick afterwards. Just wondering if it was 'something in the air' so to speak

Those damn Chemtrails!!!! Now they can read your minds!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:56:32 PM EDT
We got called out to work the show. Pretty long days but definitely one of the more enjoyable details I have done.

They are supposed to do the show two more years. Would be nice to attend one as a spectator.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:10:26 AM EDT
Drumstk,

I do not know either of those fellows. I have been retired from the unit since 1992 Due to agent orange related illness's. If not for that I would have stayed until I hit 60 and the mandatory retirement age. This is not a weekend job, it is an adventure, I got to go places with the Guard that I would never have gotten to with the Army. I know I am an Army vet of the Vietnamese War Games, Second Place Participant. I have often regretted the 8 year break in service that I had, I was able to get in 23 years before I got sick.

ANGMSG (Ron)
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:15:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Wayneard3413:
We got called out to work the show. Pretty long days but definitely one of the more enjoyable details I have done.

They are supposed to do the show two more years. Would be nice to attend one as a spectator.

Why only 2 more years?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:04:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Wayneard3413:

They are supposed to do the show again in two more years. Would be nice to attend one as a spectator.

Why only 2 more years?

I'm guessing this is what he meant?
Top Top