Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 5:16:51 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has been to dawsons small arms. How are they? What is their FFL fee for ordering for you? Im in stafford, if they are expensive where are there any cheap FFL stores?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I exclusively use lorton small arms for all of my transfers. They charge 15 bucks for there transfer fee. It was the cheapest I could find. I was new to the area and bought a gun off of dawson's I think they charged me 50 bucks! I did some shopping around after that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are in Stafford you might want to go talk to Todd at Combat Solutions off route 3 towards King George. He is a good guy to deal with also there  Robb who works at VA Arms who seems to know his stuff and they have good stuff and cheapp FFL Transfers.  I have not been there yet but someday I hope to get there. I know they are just waiting to take my money from me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I exclusively use lorton small arms for all of my transfers. They charge 15 bucks for there transfer fee. It was the cheapest I could find. I was new to the area and bought a gun off of dawson's I think they charged me 50 bucks! I did some shopping around after that.

Damn $50! I might have ot make a trip over to lortons small arms. Do you know what clack bros' transfer fee is? Of course lorton is only around half an hour from me. Same as clark bros. Do you have Lorton Small arms' adress?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#4]
$20 even at VA Arms (no tax and the $20 includes the $2 NICS fee already).  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:13:19 AM EDT
[#5]
$20 at Quantico Arms.  You can use either the Q town shop or the Dale City/Potomac Mills shop.
There is Paul and Bing at the Range in Stafford on Potomac Creek Drive off of Rte 1 btwn Stafford and Fredricksburg.  Not sure what they charge but they are close by.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:24:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Avoid clark bros if you can...they have a monopoly on a lot of things in that area and act like it....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is Paul and Bing at the Range in Stafford on Potomac Creek Drive off of Rte 1 btwn Stafford and Fredricksburg.  Not sure what they charge but they are close by.

I forgot about them. Do they have a website or anything?

Okay so its between lortan, quantico, and VA arms. I guess if lorton is only $15. But quantico is closer than manassas
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I say go to VA Arms you just might walk out with more than you wanted. You can even see the infamous Robb.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I say go to VA Arms you just might walk out with more than you wanted. You can even see the infamous Robb.

Alright then. They responded to my email promptly too. I guess thats added points. Whos Robb and why is he infamous haha?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright then. They responded to my email promptly too. I guess thats added points. Whos Robb and why is he infamous haha?

It all started with this Goat roaming around in the Moroccan Casbah and this Belly Dancer,,.

Nevermind
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It all started with this Goat roaming around in the Moroccan Casbah and this Belly Dancer,,.

Nevermind

Hahaha hmmm do I want to hear it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind

What happens in Morocco stays in Morocco!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok well Ill just not mention goats or morocco.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay so its between lortan, quantico, and VA arms. I guess if lorton is only $15. But quantico is closer than manassas

Try http://indoorrange.com/index.html
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try http://indoorrange.com/index.html

The Range in Stafford

Good folks there.   Not sure what Bing charges.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The Range in Stafford

Good folks there.   Not sure what Bing charges.

Cool I didnt know they had a sight. Ill send them an email. And they have a USC in there! Im gonna have to stop by then.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I dont have there address on hand but you coming up 95 north take the fort bellvor ? spelling? exit make a right then stay to the left and make a left at the first red light its the third building complex on you left. They have a big sign can't miss it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh its okay. I already sent one. Their box is full. I think I shout a gun for the first time there. It was the booth at the very end to the right.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#19]
yep, thats it
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
yep, thats it

Cool. Well Ill keep trying them till their box isnt full.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Try giving them a call I have never used email to reach them and don't even know if they use. I'll see if I have there number in my cell phone.

ETA:

I have been calling them lorton but its Gilbert Small Arms sorry and here is the number

1-703-550-8005

eta: fix number
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Try giving them a call I have never used email to reach them and don't even know if they use. I'll see if I have there number in my cell phone.

ETA:

I have been calling them lorton but its Gilbert Small Arms sorry and here is the number

1-631-872-8194

i don't think you have the number right: (703) 550-8005
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I should call. I keep forgetting they are 10mins from me haha, I should make a visit!...and play with their USC hehehe

Ill give gilberts a call too!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Dawsons prices on everything are ridiculous.  I don't know how they stay in business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top