Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 4:04:22 AM EDT
The rifle that ordered 2 & 1/2 weeks ago just arrived yesterday!

I went to the shop at around 4:30 to pick it up and settle the paperwork and final costs.

While I was there I went ahead and mounted the optics that I had purchased for it, but there is a small problem...The scope is in the way of the T-Bar! I feel better now anybody know a way to fix this or should I ask in the AR-15 forum?

Any advice appreciated.

BTW I can still charge the rifle but I have to pull on both sides with my fingertips. It will probally get easier after I shot it some and get that new from the factory stiffness out of the springs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:37:36 AM EDT
T-bar? Do you mean the charging handle?

If so you can install a larger latch (more preferred) or raise the scope up with taller rings or a riser block (less preferred). The lowest you can mount a scope on a rifle the better. Congrats on your AR.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:08:28 AM EDT
Where can I get a bigger charging handle? I call it a T-bar because thats what the guy who let me shoot his called it but he is a former marine... I learned most of my tac talk from him.. Not much use outside of wargames though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:35:57 AM EDT
Congrats. Show us some pics soon!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:10:21 AM EDT
What kind of scope are you using, how it it mounted and how are you reaching for the charging handle?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:11:14 AM EDT
Yup-I've got the same problem on my new varmint build with a low mounted 6-24 variable. The ocular lens is right over the charging handle,and makes it difficult to retract. I might have to get an extended latch,too.
Model 1 sales ,if you want to deal with them, has the Wook and Badger extended latches.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:45:35 AM EDT
Well its a flattop A3 and the view lens is right over top of it.
Top Top