Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:59:24 PM EDT
I will be there, it will be my first 3 gun match.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:57:07 PM EDT
I'm going to watch because I'm extremly interested in the competition. Once I get my footing with the format and requirments I plan to complete hopefully next month.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:43:34 PM EDT
I'll be there. You're gonna love it. You may as well write off the last Saturday of the month for the rest of the year ;-)

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:58:02 AM EDT
Hope everyone has fun. I have to miss this one. Mat stop by for a few minutes between commimtments, but will definatly be there in April
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:11:07 AM EDT
I wish I could, gotta work on Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:46:16 AM EDT
I am bummed out also that I can't make it.

I met the match director last weekend & he is a cool guy.

We shot a tactical 3-gun/Multi-gun last weekend in Waldorf & had a blast. AR15.com team member GotM4 posted a bunch of photos and they are at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=222393

The results are posted in the 3gun/Multigun forum at www.shootersparadise.com

Also, those interested in more info on 3gun/Multi-gun, there is info on equpment, ammo, weapons, locations & dates, etc. on the extensive 3gun section of www.brianenos.com

They held a recent tactical 2-gun class in VA and posted pics here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=226386

Regards,

D.C. Johnson
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:46:46 PM EDT
Report from an observer’s point of view ---

Well I drove the 70 plus miles from Cumberland to Cold Harbor and it was worth every gallon of $2.38 gas. There was a turn out of 30 or so shooters with a mass array of weapons, lights, gear and carts. The 2 stages that I observed were tough and technical and now I'm wishing that I'd taken some pictures. I was surprised by the close range rifle engagement since I'm use to IPSC or IDPA where the pistol would be used. The number of steel, pepper popper, plates and clay and cardboard targets made the competition very interesting. There wasn't an unfriendly person in the crowd and I had a chance to talk to a few of the shooters and the match organizer. I think I've been bitten by the 3 gun bug. Unfortunately I can't shoot next months match because you need experience with 3 gun to shoot the team format. I may show up and watch again and will take the additional time to get the gear that I want. Overall the match was great and I'm looking forward to getting behind the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:07:02 PM EDT
Glad to hear you had a good time & again, sorry I missed it!

If you are in Cumberland, there may be other opportunities for you. There is not really a central listing of 3gun/multigun for the area, but we try to post most of the matches on the 3gun section of our forum at:

www.shootersparadise.com

-go to forum and then 3gun.

Also, there is a yahoo group for the Waldorf 3 gun. For the York, PA group, look at www.uspsa.com and Area 8 - then PA clubs (York IWLA).

For the Thurmont, MD club, its www.mpsa.net

And of course we shoot about once a month indoors at Shooters. Yes- its 25 yards. We make up for the distance w/ a mix of targets as small as life savers & as large as wide open targets. We also do low light at times - most lights limit a weapon's range anyway so it works well indoors. Look forward to seeing you at a match,

D.C. Johnson
www.shootersparadise.com
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:06:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jyoung_usa:
Report from an observer’s point of view ---

I was surprised by the close range rifle engagement since I'm use to IPSC or IDPA where the pistol would be used.

Glad you liked it. A lot funner behind the trigger.

Welcome to the reality of our 3 gun world!

In a perfect world, we'd mix the close in "hose'em down" stages with 200+ yard stuff. That's the way to test the battlerifle (IMHO). Unfortunately, The longest range we have available at BC was third stage (other side of the berm from the 2 stages you saw). It maxes out at 100 yards if you wanted to shoot from the bench (we don't ;) ). Joe, (some say "cool guy" , I prefer "evil match director" ) made the most of that side using 1/3 sized targets. If you bother to check the results, there were a LOT of misses on that side. This from a prone position and bipod's allowed. I was running 3rd place till I screwed that side up pretty good.

The other reality is that longer distance requires reactive, self setting targets. Otherwise it bogs the match down. The club just recently got a lot of this.

The match is becoming very popular. I'd really like to see more ranges take on the format. Otherwise, it looks like it will soon be as hard to get a spot here as with the NRA indoor matches outside of DC.

Anthony ... time to resurect the "black rifle day" ?
Top Top