Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 3:46:48 AM EDT
My buddy needs some help, just dont know what we can do other than the usual file a complaint with the USPS.

He won an auction on ebay for a set of wheels 2 weeks ago, payment was sent extremely fast, with a USPS money order. He had a conversation with the gentleman  before the auction closed, but now, after it ended and money has been sent, NO email/phone/message from the seller.

My buddy is a little intimidated to get the police involved but i told him that is what is next. He paid with a USPS money order, so we wont know until 30 days if it has been cashed..

So, anyone live in the area and now a Police Officer or someone we can contact?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Glen Allen is one of the west most suburbs of Richmond...I am there every week, unfortunately I do not know any cops there...

I would, however, contact the Henrico County Police Department...the only problem you might run into is that Richmond is a busy crime area, and it may take a while to run down this particular incident...

also, if he used USPS money order, and it has been cashed, get the post office involved...they take fraudulent use of the USPS very seriously, and those postal inspectors are dying to start some shit..
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Glen Allen is one of the west most suburbs of Richmond...I am there every week, unfortunately I do not know any cops there...

I would, however, contact the Henrico County Police Department...the only problem you might run into is that Richmond is a busy crime area, and it may take a while to run down this particular incident...

also, if he used USPS money order, and it has been cashed, get the post office involved...they take fraudulent use of the USPS very seriously, and those postal inspectors are dying to start some shit..

roger, thanks bud. That does help alot, i was looking for the 'glen allen police dept' and couldn't find antying, but the county police came up with a search..

he has to wait another week i believe before  he can search the USPS mo system, he has the phone # to call and check..just a couple more days.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#3]
he needs to file a dispute with ebay also,

then if it is not resolved, go thru the post office,

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top