Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 10:02:44 AM EDT
I have not gotten anything from GOA.   Did not know if I should get anything or not.   Wanted to ask around here before I used VCDL's time.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried to join NRA through them back in October when I renewed my VCDL membership.  It is now March and I have yet to hear anything from the NRA in terms of membership stuff.

I think you may be waiting a while.

I e-mailed VCDL several times about it after letting a month or two pass, and got some glib replies about the NRA applications going out late or something.  Since I happen to like what VCDL does for our state, I'm ok with writing it off as a donation, but I won't make the same mistake again.  I'll give it till the end of this month, then I'll just join myself, which is what I should have done.  I'd have been saving some $ on range fees at NRA HQ by now.  

In short, the aggravation isn't worth the $5 you save on another group's membership.  Bite the bullet and do it the regular way.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I payed the membership fee at VCDL booth in October as well. I have not received anything yet.
I figure I made a $15.00 donation or bought some A-holes lunch.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I payed the membership fee at VCDL booth in October as well. I have not received anything yet.

Just curious, which show did you join at?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering about this myself. I joined VCDL in maybe October? I joined GOA at the same time, but have received no membership information regarding GOA. What gives?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just curious, which show did you join at?

Showplace
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I would e-mail them about it.  Apparently my VCDL membership card got "lost in the mail" the first time they sent it, but it made it here the "second time".

Course, I'm still waiting on the NRA materials.  I love what they do, but they need to get their junk together on the membership stuff.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would e-mail them about it.  Apparently my VCDL membership card got "lost in the mail" the first time they sent it, but it made it here the "second time".

Course, I'm still waiting on the NRA materials.  I love what they do, but they need to get their junk together on the membership stuff.

I emailed Mack Elliot the Treasurer.    I will let you guys know the response.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Being an all volunteer group can cause there to be a delay in processing applications, unfortunately.  Usually there is a 4 to 6 week processing time.  However in January/February Margaret has been busy getting my company's tax papers together and processing applications was put at a very low priority.  She is finished now and she will be working on the membership backlog.

As far as NRA/GOA memberships, I am going to ask the Board at our next Board Meeting (Sunday 3/19) to stop accepting them.  There are too many steps involved with associated delays.  It is also a pain to trace and very time consuming.  When VCDL was a small organization it was easier and proviided some supplimental income.

But now, iit really doesn't seem worth the hassle and long delays only hurt the goodwill that VCDL works so hard to maintain in its relationship with gun owners.

If the Board agrees, we will cease accepting new NRA/GOA memberships and that option will be removed from our web site and application forms.

If any of you haven't received the NRA or GOA membership by the end of March, let me know ([email protected]) and I will have the money refunded to you.

I am a little surprised about not getting a VCDL membership packet if you joined in October.   Email me your information ([email protected]) and I will see if we have you on the computer.  I know that a whole bunch of packets in the backlog will be going out shortly, but I will be glad to comfirm that you will be in that batch.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Being an all volunteer group can cause there to be a delay in processing applications, unfortunately.  Usually there is a 4 to 6 week processing time.  However in January/February Margaret has been busy getting my company's tax papers together and processing applications was put at a very low priority.  She is finished now and she will be working on the membership backlog.

As far as NRA/GOA memberships, I am going to ask the Board at our next Board Meeting (Sunday 3/19) to stop accepting them.  There are too many steps involved with associated delays.  It is also a pain to trace and very time consuming.  When VCDL was a small organization it was easier and proviided some supplimental income.

But now, iit really doesn't seem worth the hassle and long delays only hurt the goodwill that VCDL works so hard to maintain in its relationship with gun owners.

If the Board agrees, we will cease accepting new NRA/GOA memberships and that option will be removed from our web site and application forms.

If any of you haven't received the NRA or GOA membership by the end of March, let me know ([email protected]) and I will have the money refunded to you.

I am a little surprised about not getting a VCDL membership packet if you joined in October.   Email me your information ([email protected]) and I will see if we have you on the computer.  I know that a whole bunch of packets in the backlog will be going out shortly, but I will be glad to comfirm that you will be in that batch.

Thanks PVC!  I will wait till the end of March.   After that, If I don't get anything, you guys can keep my GOA money and put it in your donation bin.   I will sign up for GOA after that.    
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I emailed Mack Elliot the Treasurer.    I will let you guys know the response.  

Got a response back

GlocksareGood(edit),

I will check to see what happened with it.

Mack Elliott
Treasurer
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]
For VCDL we value the members more than their money.  I appreciate the generous offer to keep the funds if the GOA membership doesn't come through, but the offer to return those funds will continue to stand.

Money is, of course, nice and necessary.  But the emails and calls to Senators, Delegates and local authorities from people like those on this list is what gives us our real power.  Working campaigns and polls give us clout that can't be bought.

Your time is far more valuable to us than your money, thus the loss of goodwill is simply not worth not refunding someone's money with a smile if we screw up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top