Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 3:22:29 PM EDT
From Arms and the Law

NJ Assn sues NY port authority over abuse of gunowner
Posted by David Hardy · 27 February 2006 08:15 AM
The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs, Inc. has sued the NY & NJ Port Authority (which administers the airports around there) over the false arrest of a Utah gunowner.

Basically, Gregg Revell was scheduled on a flight from Salt Lake City to Allentown, PA, connecting in Newark, NJ (which is near NYC). He possessed a firearm in conformance with the 1986 Firearm Owners' Protection Act (which allows a person to take a firearm interstate if it is legal where the journey begins and ends and it is unloaded and secured along the way). Due to airline error, he missed the connection in Newark, and the airline required him to claim his baggage there. When he tried to check in again, and declared the firearm as required by FAA regulation, he was arrested under the local gun laws and spent five days in a hellhole of an NJ jail (where friendly inmates told him that his life was in danger -- the real thugs might just kill him for the fun of it).

But we all know the "peaceable journey" laws would prohibit this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear it happens all the time in NY.  Poor bastards on hunting trip or show missing a flight and then getting snaged on check in of the new flight.  NRA took NYC to court about 4 months ago for a guy flying from texas to Maine and it was pretty nasty from what i read.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyplace north of Fredericksburg is inherently bad.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I understand they have tried to snatch up a few LEOs that were carrying lawfully under nationwide CCW. Apparently they now draw down on the LEO, take the weapon, cuff them, and detain them until they actually contact an adminstrator from the LEO's department and get confirmation the are an LEO and their ID is valid.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I see you dont get out much. Despite the usual suspects north of you there are also some states which surpass VA in regard to gun friendliness and have low taxes to boot. In fact NH (my former home) is very gun friendly and the cost of living is low as are taxes, govt is very small and crime is very low (much less than VA). If it werent for the long cold winter it would br the perfect place to live.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyplace north of Fredericksburg is inherently bad cold.

I see you dont get out much. Despite the usual suspects north of you there are also some states which surpass VA in regard to gun friendliness and have low taxes to boot. In fact NH (my former home) is very gun friendly and the cost of living is low as are taxes, govt is very small and crime is very low (much less than VA). If it werent for the long cold winter it would br the perfect place to live.

Better?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
(in my best Diane Fine-swine voice)

"Who let that AssaultPossum in here to begin with.  He has evil features.   Ban him! "

(Stupid bitch voice off)

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey...I couldnt let it pass w/o comment. While there are a lot of anit-gun dingbats north of you all there are still places where freedom is protected and cherished. Granted there arent many but those that remain are noteworthy. I wanted to correct that myth that any place N of the Mason Dixon is anti-gun, democrat and (therefore) evil.

ETA: Just to stir the pot...wander on over the the new england HTF and read about the CT police chiefs that want colored firearms outlawed. To that end they got a bill drafted and all. The name Barney Fife comes to mind as Im sure theyre on par w/ his character. I better stop now before I get banned.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:43:32 AM EDT
[#8]
oh my L-rd.  What a story.

Makes me alllllllmost as angry as private citizens losing their property to illegal immigrants after being sued by the Mexican government in civil court.  almost as angry.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:52:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Arresting officer and port authority are being sued by NJ club.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
....If it werent for the long cold winter....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh come on now...you all get snow and cold in VA the only differnce is magnitude (VA vs NH). A little cold never killed anyone. Hey, at least w/ cold you can dress up until youre warm but when its hot you can only take so much off to cool down.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Oh come on now...you all get snow and cold in VA the only differnce is magnitude (VA vs NH). A little cold never killed anyone. Hey, at least w/ cold you can dress up until youre warm but when its hot you can only take so much off to cool down.

And the same goes for the wimmenz
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah but when its cold that is just one more reason to crawl under the blankets with the girl.  and once you are in there...well if you need more details then maybe you should just keep bedding down with the dogs.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah but when its cold that is just one more reason to crawl under the blankets with the girl.  and once you are in there...well if you need more details then maybe you should just keep bedding down with the dogs.

Some of the gals I dated when I was younger were not award winners but I'm a little more selective than that now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top