Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:36:03 AM EDT
well, it appears the gun store is REALLY going out of business and SOON. i've been told they're willing to take just about any asking price for any of the stuff in there, mags, holsters, ammo, whatever. they're down to 10 longarms and about 30 handguns. wish i had some splurge money...

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:44:11 AM EDT
hmmmm. It just may be worth a trip over there then.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:53:56 AM EDT
Are they still asking $20 for the used AR mags?

THey had a bunch of 20 rounders, and I'd like to get a few, but not at $20 a pop... I'd go $10, and buy 10 of them, but $20 is WAY too much..
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:56:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hydguy:

THey had a bunch of 20 rounders, and I'd like to get a few, but not at $20 a pop... I'd go $10, and buy 10 of them, but $20 is WAY too much..

$20! Damn....and I can't sell the 30 rounders for $10 each I have....wtf?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:05:18 AM EDT

Prices like the above are probably one of the reasons that they're going out of business....

I'd like to have some of the toys that they have in their parking lot, but other than that.....

I hate to see another gunshop close up, but their customer service (or lack thereof) the last few time
I was in there isn't conducive to repeat business.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:16:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hallmark_Ent:

$20! Damn....and I can't sell the 30 rounders for $10 each I have....wtf?

They were not selling many of them either!!
They did let me trade a few LE 30's for 20's during the ban(ended up with a couple of 'banned' mags when I got out of the Corps back in '02). However, I didn't realise that 2 of the 20's were (temporarly!!) blocked!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:45:44 AM EDT
Did they have anything in stock that anyone would want? Last time I was there (3 weeks ago or so) it was pitiful looking. They were still claiming they would be around for another year or two.

I bought a used Sig 225 from them a few years ago for a song, but I have yet to see a similarly good deal there again.

Shooter
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:20:37 PM EDT
where is this place? I dont know that Ive ever heard of it...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:46:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shooter220:
Did they have anything in stock that anyone would want? Last time I was there (3 weeks ago or so) it was pitiful looking. They were still claiming they would be around for another year or two.

I bought a used Sig 225 from them a few years ago for a song, but I have yet to see a similarly good deal there again.

Shooter

I was in there about a month ago, and they didn't have much left. Mostly used guns, a couple of glocks, and a few rifles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:28:37 PM EDT
Was just in there last night and the firearms stock is extremely low. They've got a few used Glocks yet and a couple of rifles and shotguns. I figured I might stumble across a deal and I did.

Picked up a set of Heinie Straight Eight sights for a Glock for $40 and then decided I had to have this. Its a factory built SVI Officer's 2011 with 2, 13 round mags. This would have been a deal anywhere. Its also the reason I've got 3 other pistols for sale on the EE.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:23:46 PM EDT
Yeah, I would have picked up that SVI as well. ANything else interesting, particularly revolver finds?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:11:02 PM EDT
I got a Surefire Z2 Combatlight in there last week for $50!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:51:46 PM EDT
Didn't see anything interesting for revolvers, but they did have a couple old ones that I couldn't identify.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:58:35 PM EDT
Hey Watertower did they have any beowulf upper's still?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:11:22 PM EDT
argh! someone please tell me where this place is!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kbi:
Hey Watertower did they have any beowulf upper's still?

I didn't see any. They did have a .22lr upper, but I didn't see the price.

They also had a couple of Ruger bolt actions with scopes, 2 AR15's (I think both were Armalite), a box full of SMG mags (couldn't tell what they fit), lots of AR mags still marked at $20. There were many different swords and fantasy type knives in the cases, a few Surefires, little ammo, a S&W M&P, a couple beater shotguns and that's about all I remember.

I went in looking for a killer deal that I could justify to the boss. Well, I got a deal and she isn't going to find out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:17:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By trio:

Down on the river in Alexandria. If you take Duke street until it ends, it will curve to the left. Follow the curve and it is on your right when you hit the stop sign. Address is 0 Prince St.

Or take King to the bottom of the hill. At the stop sign turn right, go down a block turn left. You go to the intersection and you should see the store on the right side of the road in front of you.

Used Glocks were around $400 or $425, not outstanding, but decent. If anybody is looking for one, you might try asking for a lower price or offer $375-$400.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:21:33 PM EDT
cool man thanks ;)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:12:53 PM EDT
hey, did anyone happen to notice if they have any coach guns up there, the ones with the exposed hammers?

guess i'll be going up there this weekend to check out them combat light!

i got a stainless ruger vaquero up there for $200 but that was several months ago. you'd think it was new it was so clean, just the slightest bit of carbon on the front of the cylinder...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:25:26 PM EDT
When I was there several weeks ago the owner assured me he was not going out of business, but was now only going to sell used and antique guns
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:16:55 PM EDT
They are going out of business. One employee already has a new gig lined up. I was there today.

One Aya shotgun, one lever gun, one bolt gun, a Grulla shotgun, an Armalite A4, three scopes, a handful of surefires (I bought a G2 for my car). Three or four glocks and about seven lesser handguns, including a .32-20 SAA that's been there foreever. No hammer guns. One new Rem. 870P. One .40 sig. That's basically it, folks. A decent M1A and a No.5 Enfield 'Jungle Carbine.' Some XM193, maybe 8 boxes, and some red box Federal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:18:30 AM EDT
What kind of glocks they have over there?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:36:15 PM EDT
An earlier (Gen 1 or 2) G17, a G35 (??), a Gen 3 G19, and a new S&W M&P in .40.

I've seen 'ye old hunter ads' from 1958 or 59. Someone came in while I was there and said "you're closing? I've been coming here for 50 years - since I was a kid - etc etc."

FYI if you ever noticed the bar behind the register, the place was a restaurant back in the day - built on piers and accessible from a gangway at high tide - old VA booze laws - technically it was MD or DC out on the water.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:20:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By watertower:

Originally Posted By trio:

Down on the river in Alexandria. If you take Duke street until it ends, it will curve to the left. Follow the curve and it is on your right when you hit the stop sign. Address is 0 Prince St.

Or take King to the bottom of the hill. At the stop sign turn right, go down a block turn left. You go to the intersection and you should see the store on the right side of the road in front of you.

Used Glocks were around $400 or $425, not outstanding, but decent. If anybody is looking for one, you might try asking for a lower price or offer $375-$400.

I assume that the new SV is a .40? Nice catch; SV's are awesome weapons. I build and shoot 2011s in competition; thier parts are top notch in terms of their dims & quality.

CBR
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:30:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CBR900:
I assume that the new SV is a .40? Nice catch; SV's are awesome weapons. I build and shoot 2011s in competition; thier parts are top notch in terms of their dims & quality.
CBR

It is a .40 at the moment. I will be sending the topend back to SVI to have it reamed out to 10mm in the near future. It should make one heck of a carry gun. Wish I still had my STI competition gun. I just wasn't shooting IPSC much after I moved to VA, so I sold it.

I have enough 1911 projects going right now, but one day I will do a 2011 myself.
Top Top