Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 1:19:37 PM EDT
The Quantico Shooting Club has 39 openings for any civilian who wishes to join.  I will take the first 39 that come to the clubhouse and fill out an application.  This will be first come first serve.  Please check the website for any info you need on directions and downloading applications and general guidelines on joining our club.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
When do you accept the applications?  Can I send an application with a friend that is joining as I have to work at 11am(I'm assuming this is when you open based on ths site?)?

Thanks,

ZH
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
www.quanticoshootingclub.com will answer many of your questions regarding club hours, etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Qstick333,

I am not the Ops Officer for the club, I was simply passing along the info (sorry for any confusion).  The website does list the information needed.  The only thing I think has changed from the information posted on the website is the days open during the week is now Wednesday and Thursday (as well as Saturday and Sunday).
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Can I get a confirmation on Wed and Thursday??????  The website still lists Tuesday and Wed.

Thanks,

Zach
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Qstick,

Thursday for sure (that's the day I call in my range times for the weekend).  I received an email from the Ops Officer on the 29th of January that states "Effective today the clubhouse will no longer open on Tuesdays.  We will now be open on Wednesday and Thursday 1100-1300."  Give the clubhouse a call before going just to be sure.

Hope to see you on Range 1

Rick
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
No wonder I got a membership card in the mail today... I mailed off an application the last time it was announced, and thought that I'd be waiting for quite a while, after all the spots were taken up by folks who showed up in person on the snow day... Cool, indeed. I look forward to checking out the facilities and participating in the club. Hopefully they'll post something soon on when they'll do an RSO training session.  I'd like to help out, if it keeps the ranges open more often.

lansker
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:18:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I called them about joining and they asked if I had a sponsor.  I had been on the previous list since last March, before the new web site.  Did the guys who joined this last go around have to have a sponsor?  Thanks.

CG
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#8]
No, I didn't have a sponsor. I think that the old waiting list was lost. There's a tread recently that makes mention of this (I think it concerns the other recent opening of the associate memberships).

lansker
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I called Wednesday I called Thursday.  I wasn't going unless someone picked up the phone.  If no one picks up teh phone, then who was gonna take applications?  This whole thing with trashing the waiting list without informing those on it..............

Needless to say no one picked up the phone.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Chapperjoe,

Don't know about Wednesday but the Ops officer was there on Thursday (that's when I call in for range times).  If Jim is busy with customers, then he doesn't always have time to answer the phone (did you leave a message?).  Come on down on Sunday...

Hope to see you on range 1...

Rick
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I went down to join today and he said I need a sponsor.  I need someone who can vouch for me that I am not a felon.  I am prior military, ex cop, work on a DOD site, have secret squirrel clearances, but all I need is a name of a member who is current.  Anyone?

Please email me a name, I can meet with you before I go or meet you there.  [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#12]
xCGx

Check your email

Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top