Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 6:17:28 AM EDT
I've recently been snooping around the pistol caliber AR forum and noticed the 9mm ARs are popular with the VA crowd. Post pics and tell us why you like 9mm ARs.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Excuse to build another AR...

Seriously, they are really fun to shoot, relatively inexpensive to feed and I wanted a SBR subgun to eventually suppress.  

When are you going to have your 9mm picture up?

...I need to take new pictures.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#2]

9mm M16's are inexpensive to shoot --
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Incredible rifle.

Compelte RRA CARa49mm w/Surefire M73, First Samco grip, magpul stock, 9mm vortex, eotech on yhm riser, yhm buis, G2 with shock isolated unit on a vltor mount (which is on a BEC FSB mount).

With WWB or CCI they all go into a fist sized group out to 150 feet.  With SXT's and Hydrashocks they do the same but I feel meaner.  And with Some subgun ammo I got (subsonic for SMG's) the rifle could be fired by a toddler.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I should post mine.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I'll have to take one of the lowers I have coming and build myself a 9mm carbine now after seeing all these fine toy's.

But should I register it as a  SBR or just get a suppressed upper?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
SHIVAN,
Does your MP-5 FH rattle on your barrel or is it tight?  I have one of those TROS barrels and mine rattles forward and back.   I had gotten a few MP-5 FH's on one of my cruises that the SEALs were going to dump over the side.  Maybe that's why they were getting skuttled.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
SHIVAN,
Does your MP-5 FH rattle on your barrel or is it tight?  I have one of those TROS barrels and mine rattles forward and back.   I had gotten a few MP-5 FH's on one of my cruises that the SEALs were going to dump over the side.  Maybe that's why they were getting skuttled.  Thanks in advance.

How did you know???

Yes it does!!!!

I was going to get some SS tubing that fits tight and drop it in the back end of the FH.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn you all!

I have been talking to Steve about building a 9mm SBR for my birthday this summer, I had almost strayed away from the idea and decided on buying a 870 and a savage instead as they might be a bit more useful and I don't have a shotgun or bolt action rifle in my collection but now you have me second guessing my decisions!

aaah!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#9]
tag for my place in line
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
SHIVAN is your's a TROS barrel as well?  I wonder if it's the barrel now.  

I was thinking about something like that too, but I feel kind of sketchy putting something in there.

Another idea I had, not relating to the rattle, I want to cut off the FH's QD end and get it attached to a 7.62 KFH.  If I see anyone with this before I get it done I expect royalties though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#11]

I was going to get some SS tubing that fits tight and drop it in the back end of the FH.

Remember the original KFH cones were SS.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#12]

cheap ammo, No recoil, etc, etc...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey Bomber....

How about some stats on your 9mm AR?  Who make those uppers?

Looks great.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So you saying we should stick some "inconel" in there instead haha.  I think anything harder than SS would have to be machined to a very tight tolerance.  SS on the other hand could be pressed in and then filed more easily.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I was thinking about something like that too, but I feel kind of sketchy putting something in there.

Yes!

Henry is taking some measurements on the barrels and such...he's gonna let me know what he finds.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
tag for my place in line

just waiting for the paper work to show up
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes!

Henry is taking some measurements on the barrels and such...he's gonna let me know what he finds.

I received a PM from another board member who says his Trinity won't fit on the TROS barrel he just received.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you saying we should stick some "inconel" in there instead haha.  I think anything harder than SS would have to be machined to a very tight tolerance.  SS on the other hand could be pressed in and then filed more easily.

Not sure how you could have made that leap. It was just a heads up given my experience with with a ss cone in my KFH.  YMMV.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hey Bomber....

Looks great.

Thanks

Thanks....

Ameetec side charger upper
RRA 9mm marked lower
RRA hammer
RRA bolt and buffer
Vltor Stock
Tros 5" barrel
SWR Trident Suppressor
DD carbine length rail
Troy rail covers
Eotech
G27 grip
Hahn top load block
YHM single point sling plate
ZM Systems sling

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I received a PM from another board member who says his Trinity won't fit on the TROS barrel he just received.

Uh oh....

I think you and I need to meet up to see if the Trident fits my barrel.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Bomber....

Looks great.

Thanks

Thanks....

RRA 9mm marked lower
RRA hammer
RRA bolt and buffer
Vltor Stock
Tros 5" barrel
SWR Trident Suppressor
DD carbine length rail
Troy rail covers
Eotech
G27 grip
Hahn top load block
ZM Systems sling

Bomber

Why'd you go with a side charger?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Not sure how you could have made that leap. It was just a heads up given my experience with with a ss cone in my KFH.  YMMV.

I got ya, I thought you were in that other thread about that guy's KFH that was leaking crud through the threads.  Then it went on about the cone material and on to inconel and jet engines....if not nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Bomber....

Looks great.

Thanks

Thanks....

RRA 9mm marked lower
RRA hammer
RRA bolt and buffer
Vltor Stock
Tros 5" barrel
SWR Trident Suppressor
DD carbine length rail
Troy rail covers
Eotech
G27 grip
Hahn top load block
ZM Systems sling

Bomber

Why'd you go with a side charger?  

Something different. I plan to put the HK style BUIS on it also when they become availible.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh....

I think you and I need to meet up to see if the Trident fits my barrel.

If you're serious, LMK.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:50:27 AM EDT
[#26]
The1911guy should be arriving any minue now....We just finished 3 of his 9mm setups Friday night! Very nice stuff - and in case your wondering a POF 9mm gas upper can be made....it took 3 weeks but we got it running. Very sweet with the Phantom hanging off the front.

Eric where are those pics you promised????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top