Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:23:28 PM EDT
Any on have any first hand knowledge or experiences with Congressman Tom Davis. I need info
on him for my government class. Tom Davis is visiting my school and I am going to be able to ask
him a question. Anyone know what his stance in on the 2nd Amendment. He is on board that is
investigating the governments response during Katrina, so I might ask how he feels about the
weapon confiscations that went on.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:43:03 PM EDT
Davis has a pretty poor record on 2nd ammendment.

He voted to keep the DC gun ban.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:02:51 PM EDT
He's moved far, far into RINO territory in order to keep his seat.

I attended a townhall with him during the 2000 election cycle. Good speaker, but slick.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:05:03 PM EDT
I think I have a good question to ask him.

On July 30th 2005 you voted NAY to repeal the DC gun ban which would allow law abiding citizens to protect themselves using firearms. So my question is why you voted against allowing helpless DC residents the right to protect themselves from an attacker by using a firearm?

What do you think?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:22:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheSTEED:
I think I have a good question to ask him.

On July 30th 2005 you voted NAY to repeal the DC gun ban which would allow law abiding citizens to protect themselves using firearms. So my question is why you voted against allowing helpless DC residents the right to protect themselves from an attacker by using a firearm?

What do you think?

I think that is a great question! Let us know what his response is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:32:55 PM EDT
+1. Excellent question.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:54:37 PM EDT
Excellent question...I've met Davis two or three times. Nice enuf guy in person, but his record doesn't always go the way I like. I also have no idea why he cared so much about baseball players using streoids????
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:56:11 PM EDT
I changed the question a little bit, but not much. I believe he is going to be at my school Monday.I will give you an update when it goes down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:03:46 PM EDT
Definitely anti-gun!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:10:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 05LowRider:
I also have no idea why he cared so much about baseball players using streoids????

Oh man, I too would love to know why congress thinks they have any business with this!

OK, I'll admit. I know. Because they are vote chasing whores. But still...

G
Top Top