Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 7:28:54 PM EDT
I was looking forward to reading some AAR's from the Nation's Militaria Show this weekend... but so far NOTHING. Didn't anyone go... or was it so bad it wasn't even worth bitching about?

Rmpl
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
that is pretty close to true...i went...there were a couple of pluses...

georgia arms was there with ammo

trader jerry was there, and was the only big dealer...he seemed a little more willing to negotiate...i told him what the price was, including shipping, ffl transfer, etc. for a gun i wanted to buy online and he met that price, so i bought from him...something i have no problem doing...if a local dealer can meet or beat what i can get the gun for new online

got a good deal on a couple AR mags...

they hardly filled 1/3 of the smaller hall with vendors...and there was only one major gun dealer there...there was one other smaller table (dont remember who) and the rest was way overpriced military stuff...of the tables there the large majority were badges/uniforms/etc...

and the cost was 9 bucks PER DAY...no weekend pass...

all in all i will not go to this show again...had i known there was a show in dale city i would have gone to it instead....

i was there friday though, so maybe it got better...i doubt it though
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

georgia arms was there with ammo

CRAP I wish I woulda known that beforehand!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad I didn't drive from Charlottesville... I would have been FLAMING PISSED.

Rmpl
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The couple of tables with “good stuff” didn’t merit the cost.  There was a gem show or something like that going on in the other hall.  They had a ton of people which made parking an issue.  So, was a waste of time and money.  Did the whole show in about 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]
yes you would have...i live in Orange, but was going up anyway to let the grandparents see the new baby and the old one :)

my bro in law went over there, then spent the rest of the evening at the NRA range...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#6]
It sucked, plain and simple.
A waste of $9, I won't go again.

Start saving up guys, the next Nation's Show is April 28, 29 &30th

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#7]
It wasnt sooo bad.  I took my girl and we got in for free since they closed at 3:00 and we got there at 3:10.  Walked around for 30 minutes.  Got 2 double edge razors for $10 and 10 thirty cal ammo cans for $25.  She seemed to enjoy the rows nazi badges while I played with a guys law tube.  

I highly doubt they will be back though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#8]
a buddy of mine went there on sun and said half the vendors didn't even bother showing up.

glad i missed it!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It sucked, plain and simple.
A waste of $9, I won't go again.

Start saving up guys, the next Nation's Show is April 28, 29 &30th

I thought early march?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
hell, everyone in your neck of the woods was at the Hampton Gun Show
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#11]
My Dad flew into town for this show (and some time with the Grandchildren). I like gunshows so this wasn't really my sort of thing. My Dad is a WWII air-combat vet. and a long time militeria collector. We both agreed it wasn't as good as we had hoped (compared to the size of The "Nation's Gunshow) but my Dad still saw/bought/traded a lot more than he would in the flea-market venues available where he lives in Nebraska. Not something I would go to again unless my Dad is in town. On Saturday a friend of my Dad's (dealer) said that most of the dealers would not be there Sunday due to an upcoming show in KY this week. He said many of the dealers were dissapointed in the schedualing, advertising and organization of this show. It was a small show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top