Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 6:33:57 PM EDT
Has anyone done this at the Hite Hollow shoot?  Or anywhere else?

I'd like to know what would happen, does it "enhance" the explosion?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
BTW, who is bringing Tannerite to the shoot?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
In my vast experience with 50 and tannerite...    I'd say it does not do anything more then a ball round would do.  

I still have about 2 cases of the old tannerite around and I'll bring them.

...Getting ansy waiting till April 1.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If it were shot into the plastic bottle that's supplied with the Tannerite I don't think it would do anything differently than a regular round.  It takes hitting something relatively hard to start the incendiary process.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BTW, who is bringing Tannerite to the shoot?

The two 6lb Foldger cans I set of Sat. about finished mine off.     Next step 20lbs.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Im bringing a case.(at least)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it were shot into the plastic bottle that's supplied with the Tannerite I don't think it would do anything differently than a regular round.  It takes hitting something relatively hard to start the incendiary process.

Well incindiary should be cooking a few feet outside of the barrel.  AP requires the aluminum point to be smashed and works its magic from friction burn.  

Tannerite isnt flammable as far as I know.  It reacts to impacts not heat.  The impact threshhold is pretty high too.  Pistols wont set it off.

Most things that are flammable wont burn simply by shooting a round of incindiary into them either.  You have to have a continued heat source like a candle or road flare.  This has been my experience with things like propane tanks.

Edit:

Thats a camp propane tank taking an AK round with a candle about 6 feet out.  We were a little over a hundred yards out and we could feel the heat on our faces.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#7]
That looks like fun.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#8]
You should see what a half full, grill sized tank that you pickup from the appliance recycling section of the dump will do.    It will make you laugh funny.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally by LHD:

Looks like I may have to get my hands on some tennerite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top