Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 12:33:18 PM EDT
Well I just finished my first week of work out in Hampton and I really like the job.
The problem is the 4 hours in my truck everyday.  I found a guy in VaBeach looking for a roomate in his Townhouse (friend of a friend).  And if I do decide to move in there (barring something better coming along) it should happen next week.
Anyone from that area give a few pointers about places to go get a beer..places to avoid...gun stores....etc.
I can already tell that the level of fine looking women is much higher here than it is where I'm living now so that's a big plus.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I live at The Beach and like it a lot.  My best advice is to live and work on the same side of the water.  You don't want to cross a bridge to commute.

Waterside in Norfolk is a good place to hang out.  A&P Arms and The Armory are good gun stores.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Going through the HRBT daily will suck to no end, but it's still better than the four hour journey you have now.  

The whole area is a good place to live too.  Instead of driving, you'll already be home and doing something else.  

It sure sounds like a better idea to me than four hours driving.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#4]
My job is in the Princess Anne / Military Highway intersection area.  The guy I am talking to right now about splitting a townhouse with lives just off Laskin Blvd so it's only like a 12 mile drive with no tunnels.  The biggest thing about moving is I want my 4 hours back everyday.
Right now by the time I get home its time for bed.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Once you get here I'm sure you'll find the A&P gun range off Lynnhaven  There's a so called "Irish Pub" called O'Sullivans somewhat across the street by Toys R US.  Cheap pitchers during happy hour.  I usually end up there after a fun day at the range.  Welcome.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:07:34 AM EDT
[#6]
This is a great area for shooting.  With the warmer weather coming up it makes trips to the Pungo range awesome.   Places with good looking women include Catch 31 at the oceanfront - 31st and Atlantic, Croakers, Hot Tuna(younger).   Great new restaurant opened recently called Isla on Great Neck Road.  Food is incredible.   Good luck on your move!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
4hrs?

Good luck with the move!

For my internship I do that, or more.
Richmond to DC on my breaks.

You kinda sorta get used to it. The trick is to have good music, a fuel efficient car, and a caring boss that lets you schedule around traffic (I get to work at 1000 and leave at 1800).

catuela, sell the truck and get something cheap that sips gas.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Found an old friend from Highschool that is a police officer down here and moved in yesterday.  Living right on Pacific like 50yds from the water.  
I'm looking into a different vehicle I just need to get settled a little first before I can really get into it too much though.

Thanks for the input everyone.  I think I'm going to like it here.

Guess I'll see you guys at A&P soon.

-Will
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My job is in the Princess Anne / Military Highway intersection area.  The guy I am talking to right now about splitting a townhouse with lives just off Laskin Blvd so it's only like a 12 mile drive with no tunnels.  The biggest thing about moving is I want my 4 hours back everyday.
Right now by the time I get home its time for bed.

Thanks for the input.

Oh, I thought you said your job was in Hampton.

Well I just finished my first week of work out in Hampton and I really like the job.

Well, wherever you work, welcome to the area!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#11]
heh, guess I did say Hampton.  

I moved most my stuff down yesterday including all my guns and ammo and shooting gear.  I have never been so paranoid about leaving my truck in a 7-11 parking lot for 5 minutes in my whole life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top