Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:29:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 3:29:58 AM EDT by Hallmark_Ent]
Steyr's AUG is back in production in Mississippi.

Shot Show pic: http://www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2006/Day1/DSC07806.jpg
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:48:31 AM EDT
any idea on the msrp?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:52:15 AM EDT
Hmm, interesting..

I had thought Steyr had sold some .50 sniper rifles to Iran, they've been black listed from the Bush Administration.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:01:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 4:02:49 AM EDT by Hallmark_Ent]

Originally Posted By bmwguy:
Hmm, interesting..

I had thought Steyr had sold some .50 sniper rifles to Iran, they've been black listed from the Bush Administration.

A Chinese company that made some Cowboy Action type shotguns was banned from importing in the US their guns because the parent company sold missle technology to a prohibited country by the Bush administration. I don't know anything about Steyr, there sporting rifles including their .50 Sniper rifle are instock with my Steyr Distributor now.

In addtion, Steyr AUG buttstock assemblies that have M16 USGI magwells are in stock also....

Steve.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:28:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hallmark_Ent:
In addtion, Steyr AUG buttstock assemblies that have M16 USGI magwells are in stock also....

Steve.

I may have to save my change for a AUG stock that takes AR mags, especially if black color..
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:34:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 4:40:20 AM EDT by Hallmark_Ent]

Steve.

I may have to save my change for a AUG stock that takes AR mags, especially if black color..

It's black. Do you have an AUG? I believe this conversion butt fits the AUG's that where imported before the import ban. If you want one give me a call, they are "current inventory only" meaning once sold out, there will be no more stocked.

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:42:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 6:12:59 AM EDT by SHIVAN]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:49:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SHIVAN:
This is not trolling:

Can someone explain to me the allure of the Steyr AUG? I handled one at a gun shop near me, and wasn't thrilled by it.

If this turns into a pissing match, I'll ask to have my comments edited out....let's try and have a discussion that doesn't sound like general discussion.

Thanks.

How about you start another thread with that question. That way you won't piss on anyones shoes here. Everybody know's I'm the type of person that tries to get along with everybody, and I don't want this to start into an AUG is gay thread.

This thread is about sharing the information that the AUG is back in production.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:03:39 AM EDT
It is true that Steyr was cited by State dept. for selling some sort of restricted weapons to Iran. Maybe it was 50s or SSGs; not sure. Result is that Steyr is off the list of possible suppliers for US Gov. contracts.

While I am a fan of the steyr pistol, I don't feel the same about the AUG. Its an old design compared to the FN bullpup. If I were in the market for a bullpup, I'd rather have the FN since its newer.

Still - its good to have more evil post AWB guns out there. Thanks for hte 411.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:09:11 AM EDT

How about you start another thread with that question. That way you won't piss on anyones shoes here. Everybody know's I'm the type of person that tries to get along with everybody, and I don't want this to start into an AUG is gay thread.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:18:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 6:19:44 AM EDT by Hallmark_Ent]
Thanks for being an adult Ed.

CYA @ Hite Hollow with your new toys

Steve.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:20:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 6:26:38 AM EDT by SHIVAN]

Thanks for being an adult Ed.

There is a first time for everything.

Anyway, what is the price tag on the AUG??

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:33:14 AM EDT
I called RSRGroup (my Steyr distributor) this morning and my salesman told me that stock # and pricing has not been made available to them yet but he would call me when they have them. Most likely it will be after the SHOT Show is over.

I've been told I'm not allowed to post prices for shit I sell in General Discussion type of threads..but I get when I get the shizzle on the Steyr I'll post a link to the info.

Cheers!

Steve.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:03:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 8:11:29 AM EDT by bmwguy]

Steve.

It's black. Do you have an AUG? I believe this conversion butt fits the AUG's that where imported before the import ban. If you want one give me a call, they are "current inventory only" meaning once sold out, there will be no more stocked.

If I do make the Hite Hollow shoot in April(I was hoping for Sun!), I will have the AUG there and you can shoot it and determine if the esthetics fit you.

www.rsrgroup.com/pimages/ST1211060610_1.jpg

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409

Thanks for the offer Steve, I do have green pre-ban AUG. I would love to have a stock that takes AR mags, however, I can't do it now as I have to save my money for couple of SBR projects. The form 1 are with the Sheriff at the moment.

If I do make the Hite Hollow shoot in April(I was hoping for Sunday!). I will have the AUG there, and you can shoot it to see if the esthetic fits you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:02:54 PM EDT

If I do make the Hite Hollow shoot in April(I was hoping for Sunday!). I will have the AUG there, and you can shoot it to see if the esthetic fits you.

I'm going to try and be there - mind if I try it out? When we sell the condo, I'm getting a toy of some
sort, and I'd like to try one out to see how it handles.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:30:53 PM EDT
Drooooooooollllll Droooooooool ! She maybe be a Old design but GOD She is SEXY. :-) I love that gun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:50:22 PM EDT
Yaw' know if this keeps up my ashes will be in a zip lock baggie and everyone will talk about the dirty bastard that bought nothing but guns with his spare change.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 3:56:52 PM EDT by KogaShuko]
I want to hold an FS2000 compaired to the aug. I got to play with an austrailians AUG in the sandbox. The thing was really light even with the oversized elcan on it. He also had the short barrel on it but I think it was still 16inches. They said it was really reliable and easy to clean. He told me that caliber conversion was easy too. I didnt actually get to do very much with it but play with it a bit but would be interested to see how the FS2000 compares. I dont care how new it is I am going for feel.

As far as being banned from importation since they sold stuff to one evil country... if that were true there would be no saigas, veps, or any of those weird bastardized AKs coming into the US at all. Russians are famous for offloading whatever is laying around for money. "Oh you want thermonuclear warhead ok, but I can get you a bigger one for a little more" or "chemical weapon, no problem go to the pepsi warehouse it is in the canisters all the way in the back." But we still see the stuff flooding in.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:57:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 3:57:52 PM EDT by Hallmark_Ent]

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:
Yaw' know if this keeps up my ashes will be in a zip lock baggie and everyone will talk about the dirty bastard that bought nothing but guns with his spare change.

Hell, that's my life mission. When I die I want people to find out by the newspaper article describing the old crazy man and the arsenal he left behind.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:26:48 PM EDT
I would hop on one if I could find the 9mm conversion kit for it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:07 PM EDT
Keep us informed, please.

After I finally get paid, or sue my employer, I'll be looking for a new rifle.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:48:41 AM EDT

Steyr's AUG is back in production in Mississippi.

In the following post post, contrary information appears, about halfway down the page:

Originally Posted by TalonArms_R:
Here is the facts a I heard them today: The rumor of a civilian legal AUG is incorrect. They is no plans to build one in the US (required by law. It can not be imported) in the next two years. They will re-examine the situation next year and IF they decide to build it, it will take at least two years.
Also, it will never take USGI mags. Styer feels that their mag is better.

Is there an authoritative answer somewhere?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:45:58 AM EDT
Link to another post on another board from a dude who claims to have talked to Steyr at the Shot Show

2 years is about the same period it took FN to get the PS90 to market from it's introduction.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:30:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tanker06:

I'm going to try and be there - mind if I try it out? When we sell the condo, I'm getting a toy of some
sort, and I'd like to try one out to see how it handles.

Tanker-
You're more than welcome to shoot my AUG at the Hite hollow.
Or if you're in the NOVA area, IM me, maybe we can hook up. I have a membership to IWLA-in Centreville.
Later..
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:31:50 AM EDT

Link to another post on another board from a dude who claims to have talked to Steyr at the Shot Show

2 years is about the same period it took FN to get the PS90 to market from it's introduction.

BUT fn has a better track record at getting us the goods.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:35:33 AM EDT
Are AUGs switchable to left-handed ejection so lefties can use it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:03:32 AM EDT
Reports from shot show are that they will be in production in Mississippi
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:22:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
Are AUGs switchable to left-handed ejection so lefties can use it?

Yes, they are switchable, but you have to switch to a lefty bolt.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:22:53 PM EDT
On my last comment about the russians, they probably will not be importing anymore saigas anytime soon now...

Hope FN can still bringing their stuff in. They have gvt contracts so it will probably be ok. I have been told my PS90 is in the states already so I am in the clear.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:43:36 PM EDT

I called RSRGroup (my Steyr distributor) this morning and my salesman told me that stock # and pricing has not been made available to them yet but he would call me when they have them. Most likely it will be after the SHOT Show is over.

I've been told I'm not allowed to post prices for shit I sell in General Discussion type of threads..but I get when I get the shizzle on the Steyr I'll post a link to the info.

Cheers!

Steve.

I find that RSR is the best place for knives and other bigname, big movers. AMCHAR usually has better prices. BTW last time I was on the phone with AMCHAR they hinted augs and FS2000s being about ready come in.

Originally Posted By KogaShuko:
As far as being banned from importation since they sold stuff to one evil country... if that were true there would be no saigas, veps, or any of those weird bastardized AKs coming into the US at all. Russians are famous for offloading whatever is laying around for money. "Oh you want thermonuclear warhead ok, but I can get you a bigger one for a little more" or "chemical weapon, no problem go to the pepsi warehouse it is in the canisters all the way in the back." But we still see the stuff flooding in.

Russia however, isnt a company with official books. Steyr is. Russia isnt on the GSA schedule. Steyr is.

Etc.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:15:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/12/2006 9:18:14 PM EDT by KogaShuko]
We will see but I didnt know Steyr had any govnt contracts still. As far as RSR they are one of the big saiga distributors that might have some issues if they had anything to do with the importation of the last batch. Some time ago I was told RSR was going to be the US imported then RAAC turned out to be it but I dont know if they have any connections. Hope not hope they just got them from RAAC and that is as far as that went. Like I said, depending on how that all works out will depend if any new stuff will be imported. I also think that steyr or FN wouldnt have as much of a problem but who knows.

Would be nice to see some new stuff in the US besides just ARs and one type of sig that is basically an AR. FS2000 and the AUG could setup to take up a chunk of the market that would normally be reserved for AR only people. Everyone and his brother has an AR now and depending on the necessaty and knowledge of the person with the AR could determine if they actually can use all the stuff strapped to them that make them look crazy.
Top Top