Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 4:34:15 PM EDT
Well, I finally got my fingerprint card back today.  
I wonder how many copies are floating around.
I'm pretty sure this is the original one.  
I applied on 9/28/05 and received my permit in the mail a month later.  
The fingerprint card is stamped No Criminal Record Dept. of State Police Central Criminal Records Exchange 12/11/05.
Hmmmmmm fingerprints approved 1 1/2 months after my receipt of the permit, and 1 1/2 months to get the fingerprint card back to me after that.
Nope, I'm not complaining.
Your experience?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Fingerprints for a CHP?

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me guess, you either live in Arlington or Alexandria?

The closeness to DC and Maryland must be rubbing off.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]

York County, VA requires prints.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in the sticks and had to get printed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:39:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Henrico requires prints also
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:41:28 AM EDT
[#7]
My fingers stayed clean during my application.

But  I did get printed to get an EIN.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When I first got my permit I needed to get printed. Back then though, I still had to appear before the judge to pick it up.

Same here (1991).  I had a nice chat with the judge about the local gun club (he was a member too).

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Radford Va last month no prints.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Employee Identification Number. Used when calling VSP to do a NCICS check for firearms purchase.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Chesterfield county requires finger prints also
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Strangely, Fairfax County doesn’t require prints

Not complaining of course!  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The fingerprint card is stamped No Criminal Record Dept. of State Police Central Criminal Records Exchange 12/11/05.
Hmmmmmm fingerprints approved 1 1/2 months after my receipt of the permit, and 1 1/2 months to get the fingerprint card back to me after that.
Your experience?

Could you explain this a bit more? Are you saying the VSP (or whoever investigated you for your ccw) will give your fingerprint card back? If I understand you correctly as a nonres VA ccw premitee I can ask for my print card back?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Employee Identification Number. Used when calling VSP to do a NCICS check for firearms purchase.

Gothcha.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#16]
If you all dont mind...I would really like to know the answer to my question about getting your ccw print card back...if thats possible. Thanx!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your experience?

Could you explain this a bit more? Are you saying the VSP (or whoever investigated you for your ccw) will give your fingerprint card back? If I understand you correctly as a nonres VA ccw premitee I can ask for my print card back?

If you give them another SASE with the application they will mail them back to you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I am not a lawyer, but I filled out a 1 page form and gave them an envelope.  They even added a 2 cent stamp to make up the difference in postage rates.  I think the form came from the VSP site, maybe from the Clerk.  Not all locations, I am in the city of Alexandria, require fingerprints.  Mine were done by the Alexandria City Police.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I am not a lawyer, but I filled out a 1 page form and gave them an envelope.  They even added a 2 cent stamp to make up the difference in postage rates.  I think the form came from the VSP site, maybe from the Clerk.  Not all locations, I am in the city of Alexandria, require fingerprints.  Mine were done by the Alexandria City Police.

Sorry, logged in wrong account.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thanx. Im a nonresident so my prints went to the VSP. Ill poke around online and see if I can find that form b/c Id very much like them back.  Here in WA the county keeps CCW print cards on file for a few yrs.  Im not sure why they feel the need to do that though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry, I don't know about the non-resident requirements.  I found out I could get them back or they would destroy them.  I may have found that out on www.packing.org, or the VCDL site.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#22]
not trying to start a flame war here, but

what's the big deal if they keep them or not???

chesterfield does require them (where i live) and
i already have 4 form 4's with the ATF, (involving 4 sets of fingerprint cards)
and chances are they are scanned

what gives?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#23]
The big deal is government prying into your affairs. Not being a criminal there shouldn't be any record of your activities. Just like the NICS paperwork is  to be distroyed, but it isn't. Just another way to find your weapons when the government wants to disarm you, as they did in New Orleans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top