Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2006 6:21:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 4:10:02 AM EDT by Wave]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:14:40 PM EDT
I'll take you

To my Class 3 dealer Maybe you can fondle the PS90...

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:59:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:30:00 PM EDT
Wave, when will you be in the D.C. area?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:34:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 3:52:34 PM EDT by Bladerunner]

Originally Posted By Wave:
I'll be in the Virginia Beach area for a family reunion/grandmothers b-day party.

Anyone going to be shooting on that weekend? Possible get together Sat. Night???

Someone show this Yankee GD Moderator where to buy some cool tactical sh!t in your neighborhood. Would love to see what a real gunshop looks like.

Wave, you and I have never met, but I just moved "back" to Virginia from Brooklyn (Ft Hamilton). I was on active duty working with a reserve unit in NYC and Hoplite (NY crew) was one of the soldiers in my unit. He and I served together for a short time in Iraq. I don't know what my schedule looks like, but I may be able to take you out to the Pungo range to shoot, with a short stop at the Armory on the way. Driving out to Pungo is almost as bad as driving out to Calverton.

Let me know what the best day is for you and I will see what my schedule looks like.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:58:42 PM EDT
I competed in the 2005 Charles County Sheriffs Annual shoot. Some of us got to shoot the PS90 in semi and full. Lots of fun. Low recoil and good rate of fire. Problem I saw was lack of available ammo. The rep said they can't keep up with demand and hoped to expand capacity.
Two negatives I noted in the design were #1 magazines were really unique. Never saw a mag that loads like this. It's difficult and time consuming. #2 the expended brass dumps straight down. So if you are shooting prone you have a pile of brass to contend with. Especially if you have to get on your feet and move-like stepping on a s**t load of big roller bearings. Loads of fun, wish I could get one.

Originally Posted By dbautista:
I'll take you

To my Class 3 dealer Maybe you can fondle the PS90...

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:45:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:30:00 PM EDT
I think it would be very easy to convince a few of us to set-up a Pungo range trip in your honor.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:09:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 7:52:08 AM EDT by Wave]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:08:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:
I think it would be very easy to convince a few of us to set-up a Pungo range trip in your honor.

I need to roll down that way to verify some zeros...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:06:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dport:

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:

I need to roll down that way to verify some zeros...

I need to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:34:44 AM EDT
www.tacticaledge.com/index.asp?PageAction=COMPANY Right next to Little Creek, home to high speed boat guys

www.the-armory.com/ local class 3 store, small but friendly. No range.

www.londonbridgetrading.com/main.html This is an often over looked company that has supplied out local high speed guys with custom gear for years. Nice show room also.

Two ranges that rent pistols, A&P lynnhaven and Superior Pawn.

All only 15 mins from your hotel.

My backs screwed so no shooting for me but I am always open for drinks and cheer.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:37:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By u-baddog:
www.tacticaledge.com/index.asp?PageAction=COMPANY Right next to Little Creek, home to high speed boat guys

www.londonbridgetrading.com/main.html This is an often over looked company that has supplied out local high speed guys with custom gear for years. Nice show room also.

My backs screwed so no shooting for me but I am always open for drinks and cheer.

Wave

I live in Norfolk and this is the first time I have ever heard of Tactical Edge. It sounds like they may be also known as Extreme Outfitters. These guys probably have the largest "in stock" selection of tactical gear of any place I have seen. This includes the Army's SOF mecca at Fayetteville, NC.

Extreme Outfitters
4807-A Shore Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
Telephone: (757)363-0909

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:47:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bladerunner:

Originally Posted By u-baddog:

Wave

I live in Norfolk and this is the first time I have ever heard of Tactical Edge. It sounds like they may be also known as Extreme Outfitters. These guys probably have the largest "in stock" selection of tactical gear of any place I have seen. This includes the Army's SOF mecca at Fayetteville, NC.

Extreme Outfitters
4807-A Shore Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
Telephone: (757)363-0909

Correct, one in the same.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:19:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:34:29 PM EDT
Glad you're having a good time.

Is there going to be a gathering in Pungo tomorrow? Or are we anticipating the typical Virginia reaction to snow?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:16:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wave:
I got to check out the Armory today. One of the friendliest places I've ever been to. Bought 500 rounds of .308 off of them.

Will check out A&P Arms tomorrow...

Bill and Mary are good people, they have done all my transfers for years. I got my first AR there.
I wasnt kidding about it being a little place was I.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:34:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:16:10 PM EDT
How is the snow going to affect you ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:28:18 PM EDT
Top Top