Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 7:44:39 AM EDT
I was looking through the local paper in Stafford county and saw a coupon for $1 off the show down at the FXBG expo center.  Didn't even know there was such a place until I saw it yesterday.  Just wondering if anybody has any ideas about what dealers will be there and what kind of show it might be.  WWII collector pieces mostly or maybe some more modern stuff?  I just need ammo, but I'm always up for taking a look at stuff and adding to the "one day I'll have..." list.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like two or three of us will be there.  We kind of hijacked "The Nation's Gun Show" thread to talk about it.  Here's info I posted in that thread on the location and link to the organizer's site.  I've never been to one of their shows anywhere, so I don't know what to expect.  However, I do plan on buying a lot of stuff and spreading it around the tables, just to do my part to convince dealers and the organizer to keep coming back.   Okay, it's also to feed my own addictions.  

www.fredericksburgexpocenter.com/

Directions to the Fredericksburg Expo Center

From north of Fredericksburg, via I-95 South:
When traveling Southbound on I- 95, you can see the Expo Center just south of the Rest Area at mile marker 132.

* Take I-95 S to exit 130B (Rt 3 West) – stay in the right lane.
   * Turn right at the light onto Carl D. Silver Parkway.
   * Follow the Parkway through Central Park (shopping complex).
   * Go through the Fall Hill Road Intersection (Sheetz gas station on NE corner).
   * The Fredericksburg Expo Center will be on you right side in less than a 1/2 mile.

From south of Fredericksburg, via I-95 North:

* Take I-95 N to exit 130B (Rt 3 West)
   * Follow Rt. 3 under I-95 and stay in the right lane. When the lane form the north side exit is visible get over to the right one more lane.
   * Make a right at the first light onto Carl D. Silver Parkway.
   * Follow the Parkway through Central Park (shopping complex).
   * Go through the Fall Hill Road Intersection (Sheetz gas station on NE corner).
   * The Fredericksburg Expo Center will be on you right side in less than a 1/2 mile.

Show info, including a coupon for $1 off admission.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be going with bout 2 or 3 friends who aren't on the board here.
Read or heard somewhere that there are supposed to be about 500 tables at this show.
I sure hope so as I was really disappointed in the Richmond show the weekend before last....
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I will be there and I think my brother is coming down to go as well. Would like to pickup some good ammo and whatever else catches my eye.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]
So is anybody up for a mini meet-n-greet some time that weekend?  I'm thinking maybe around 11:30-12:00 on Saturday?  Let me know.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I know a guy who talked to one the Expo Center owners, he said the part the show is in, is 80,000 square feet and would be full. I guess we will see. Hopefully not full of turquoise jewelry, beef jerky, and t-shirts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:56:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know a guy who talked to one the Expo Center owners, he said the part the show is in, is 80,000 square feet and would be full. I guess we will see. Hopefully not full of turquoise jewelry, beef jerky, and t-shirts.

What's wrong with beef jerky and T-shirts?  The jewelery I'll give you, no need for any of that.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:58:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I definitely plan on making this one. I'll be looking at M1 Carbines, and ammo as usual.
Hopefully there will be a good enough response to put this venue "on the map" for
other show promoters as well. Nothing against Richmond or Chantilly, but having a good show
where I don't have to make a day of it is nice.

DaddyDett

ETA: Hopefully the deals won't all be gone, it's Pinewood Derby at my son's Cub Pack Saturday morning.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there, saturday with my Winchester 94 and Romanian .22 bolt rifle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hopefully there will be a good enough response to put this venue "on the map" for
other show promoters as well. Nothing against Richmond or Chantilly, but having a good show
where I don't have to make a day of it is nice.

Amen to that!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I might be there saturday if I am down that way.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure of the day I'll be going. Am going to try and make it Saturday, it depends on my gunshow buddies...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know what kind of goodies there will be there? Anyone know how many vendors? Any vendors for this area such as VA Arms and such? Looking to get a Beata mag package and some ammo. Amongst other goodies.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I am planning on going.   Richmond, Fredericksburg and chantilly.   Nice spat of shows.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#14]
That's pretty hardcore. Some might even say you have a gun show addiction.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I went to the last Chantilly show and the Richmond show a few weeks back.  That one was a bit disappointing.  Chantilly's always good, but I don't feel like going up there again soon.  We'll see what this FXBG show is like.  Hopefully there's a good turnout and they'll come back.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there at 11:00 near the VCDL booth.  Look for the guy in orange wearing the "If at first you don't succeed: Reload" shirt.  Anybody who wants to meet up, you're welcome to.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, most of you probably already know this show turned out more like a garage sale than a show.  Unbelievably crowded, prices seemed really high for some reason.  Field grade M1 Garands for $800+, tons of China-made cheapo knives (even more than usual), and the highlight of the show was the ND, just before 1:00.  Never have I heard a bustling hall turn stone silent so fast.  First time that hall has ever been used, and it's got a hole in the roof.  Needless to say, I won't be going back if they ever let another show in FXBG.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:45:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well, most of you probably already know this show turned out more like a garage sale than a show.  Unbelievably crowded, prices seemed really high for some reason.  Field grade M1 Garands for $800+, tons of China-made cheapo knives (even more than usual), and the highlight of the show was the ND, just before 1:00.  Never have I heard a bustling hall turn stone silent so fast.  First time that hall has ever been used, and it's got a hole in the roof.  Needless to say, I won't be going back if they ever let another show in FXBG.  MJD

my take:
2000 rounds 76239 hp wolf
860 rounds M193 (200 box, 560 bandoleers)
AK47 Lula
AR15 First Samco mag clamp
MecGar 1911 mag
Kershaw Blur GREAT knife
1 bottle of pepsi.
here are my amatuer reflections:

not enough bulk ammo dealers.
too many dealers there just taking the opportunity to put their stock (accesories, parts, crap) out, mark it up 10% and wait for the uneducated to come by it.
nice enough bathrooms (hey I made like three trips, so it matters!).
parking was tough, but no spot was too far from entrance, so kinda good.
Some rifles were incredibly overpriced, most were MSPRP, but there were a nice amount of black rifles.
GREAT knife dealer! (the one by the left back of room, not the chinese guy)
a few too many airsoft dealers for me.
the folks by the sword dealer were hilarious. straight out of a star wars convention.
When me and my two fellow travelers left, the number of jews there went from three to zero.
nice amount of handguns too, but the XD45acps went QUICK.
I would go again and often, but flyer said next one was in july.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:34:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree prices were a bit high, Joe.
I went both days. Sunday attendence was lighter, but not dead by any means.
Today's Free-Lance Star has an article on the opening of the Expo Center.
No mention of the ND incident.
They estimate Saturday attendence at 6-8K.

Sorry to see you are taking such a hard line, Highwayman.
The guy whom had the ND was a regular vendor I have seen at many shows, including Richmond, Bealeton, and Chantilly. What was most striking to me about the ND was that 2 minutes after, it was business as usual, the place was all a buzz, like it never happened.
The Promoter is responsible for whom get tables, not the venue, and this show was listed as a Gun and Knife Show.  There was just as much junk and crap at the Nations Show I attended at Chantilly last fall.

My swag:
240 rds SA .308
100 rds S&B .30 Carbine
Galco IWB holster for my Springfield Micro Compact.
Auto Ord/Kahr Arms M1 Carbine with walnut stock

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:42:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Galco IWB holster for my Springfield Micro Compact.

the guy with the holsters had almost every conveivable galco, VERY impressive selection, but prices were insane.  the one I wanted he had for 105 plus tax, the galco cover six.  retail price 85$.  I told him right there and then that I felt he was entitled to a markup cause you get to hold and check it out, but his mark up was criminal.  then we parted ways.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:52:01 AM EDT
[#22]
I saw some Mitch Rosen holsters for $205+.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I checked Galco's site last night.
The Royal Guard I got was $2 under list. Smokin' deal? NO
Cheaper than driving to Woodbridge or Richmond, YES
Holsters (other than nylon) are not exactly plentiful in Rednecksburg.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:16:06 AM EDT
[#24]
man, doesn't sound like i missed much. hope the dulles show is better (and no nd's!).
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I checked Galco's site last night.
The Royal Guard I got was $2 under list. Smokin' deal? NO
Cheaper than driving to Woodbridge or Richmond, YES
Holsters (other than nylon) are not exactly plentiful in Rednecksburg.

DaddyDett

Where is that at?   I have always refered to this place as NorthernAssholeburg.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top