Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/6/2006 4:16:09 PM EDT
I am looking for someone with outstanding artistic skill!!!

Thanks,
Adrian
blacksan­@jmu.edu
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:25:09 PM EDT
Amy at Alive but I do not believe they go by Alive anymore, but rather traditional Tattoo. They are located on Cary Street in Richmond. She has done about 4 of my friend's and is friendly, and does GREAT work.

I'll put up some pictures of my friend's backpiece that she did.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:30:23 PM EDT
Where in VA are you located and are you willing to drive?

I drive from Virginia Beach to Richmond and have all mine done by Jason Hobie at Absolute Art Tatto on W. Grace Street behind the VCU book store. If Jason is not available Josh Brown is a very skilled artist as well. Both Jason and Josh have been in several of the tattoo magazines with Jason's work making the cover on at least one occasion.

The studio is clean, the atmosphere is professional and the work is second to none in Virginia.

www.absolute-art-tattoo.com/
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:59:36 PM EDT
My Ex had a couple small pieces done by Mike @ State of the art here in Winchester that turned out really well,. And yes I have pics and can be bribed
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:57:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:

I drive from Virginia Beach to Richmond and have all mine done by Jason Hobie at Absolute Art Tatto on W. Grace Street behind the VCU book store. If Jason is not available Josh Brown is a very skilled artist as well. Both Jason and Josh have been in several of the tattoo magazines with Jason's work making the cover on at least one occasion.

The studio is clean, the atmosphere is professional and the work is second to none in Virginia.

+1 to everything
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:41:45 PM EDT
I'd have to say Dave at "I Am Tattoos". Not sure if there's currently a waiting list or not.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:50:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Wes-:
I'd have to say Dave at "I Am Tattoos". Not sure if there's currently a waiting list or not.

+1
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:53:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:29:12 PM EDT
Jason at Honky Tonk tattoo in Fredricksburg. Amazing stuff. will post his website when I can remember how to spell his last name
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:26:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gplg:
Jason at Honky Tonk tattoo in Fredricksburg. Amazing stuff. will post his website when I can remember how to spell his last name

Honky Tonk is the only place that I get ink. Gary Clark (owner of the shop) does my work. He is expensive, but worth it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:32:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By underdog75:
My Ex had a couple small pieces done by Mike @ State of the art here in Winchester that turned out really well,. And yes I have pics and can be bribed

Oh yeah
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:17:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:

Jason is a very good friend of mine and has done about 9 tats for me. As far as Alive goes Amy is the only one at shop now. Timothy is working out of Jason's shop when he is in town. He has done two sleeves for me. Both are great artists! Gary Clark is a good guy also. I remember when he was just starting out years ago.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:52:23 PM EDT
I want to do a classic heart & dagger in black with possibly a tad bit of shading. Does anyone have an artist in the family that could do some sketch work?

BTW, this is not a whim but has significant meaning and I will not go the pick-a-tat from the wall route.

Thanks,
Adrian
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:03:01 PM EDT
I use Scot up here in Manassas....next to VA Arms.
Stop by, get some ink and then go buy a gun to celebrate.

Sometimes, he does work for pistols...the good old American barter system!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:18:31 PM EDT

Gary Clark.
The top 2 pics are a cover job.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:36:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 5:37:57 AM EDT by Brad86]
Another nod for Hobbie at Abslute Art. He's done all mine (sleeves, backpiece, leg, chest, etc). Yeah, he does damn good work. Great guy too.

Josh at the same shop puts out some nice pieces as well. Hoyer, well Hoyer is a-one.

It's funny, some of us have probably been within feet of each other and had no idea. In a tattoo shop no-less.

ETA - My back piece. It's not finished in this picture but it's the only photo of it that I have

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:59:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:07:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:49:19 PM EDT
http://www.alifestyletattoo.com/
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:39:02 AM EDT
I haven't taken any pics, but I drew a nice pic of two crossed 1911's, and took it to REO's Tattoo in Dumfries.
REO took my drawing, and did it on my back with old english lettering:
DEATH IS CERTAIN
LIFE IS NOT
He did a fantastic job, and the whole thing was very reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:08:44 AM EDT
I was just at I Am Tattoos yesterday. Currently sessions are by appointment only and Dave goes for $160 an hour. Become a member and the more seat time, the cheaper the rate becomes. Remember, all custom, no flash hence the price. If you want cheaper, go to a walk in, "pick it & stick it" type place.
Top Top