Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 10:33:33 AM EDT
OK folks...a buddy has talked me into joing he and a group of friends on a few camping trips this spring.  Once of which is planned for mid-February (damn, it's still cold then).  Although, he then tasked me with finding a good spot, where we can go and perhaps blast a few rounds out in the middle of nowhere.

So, who has a favorite camping spot that is gun friendly, pet friendly, beer friendly, etc?

Thanks

PS...Also, will need some advice on camping gear...haven't camped since I was a little kid.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
This website has a list of gummint owned public ranges which many are near camping areas. This might help you find a place to camp and shoot.

National Forest Range List - Virginia

Good Luck!

Regards,

ZD
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
There is always the Cove. Its where the Big Dogs offroad events are held. We wheel there several times a year, some of the best wheeling in the state. They have a range on the premises.

http://www.vvalley.com/cove/

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There is always the Cove. Its where the Big Dogs offroad events are held. We wheel there several times a year, some of the best wheeling in the state. They have a range on the premises.

http://www.vvalley.com/cove/

While I wouldn't exactly call it a 'range'  More like a patch of dirt with a 50-75 yard long area to shoot at a rusted old vehicle.  At least it was like that a few years ago during one of the big dog events.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top