Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/25/2005 11:07:24 PM EDT
Don't want to go into DC Wednesday night. Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:34:44 AM EDT
Check out the Blue Ocean Japanese Restaurant located at 9440 Main St in Fairfax.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:49:07 AM EDT
Todai Sushi Buffet in Fair Oaks Mall. I've been there for lunch w/ people from the office and it's much better than other local buffets. It can get very crowded during peak hours.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:17:48 AM EDT
Akasaka on Van Dorn in Alexandria is excellent.

Tachi Bana in MacLean is even better, but is more expensive.

shooter
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:40:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KONY:
Check out the Blue Ocean Japanese Restaurant located at 9440 Main St in Fairfax.

That place is ok but thier tuna and yellowtail isnt always the best.

Originally Posted By Bubbles:
Todai Sushi Buffet in Fair Oaks Mall. I've been there for lunch w/ people from the office and it's much better than other local buffets. It can get very crowded during peak hours.

Its still sushi fast food.

One of the better places around is Matsutaki in herndon worldgate. Very good sushi and grill.

A great plain sushi place is whatever the place is called in centreville next to copelands off 29. Its actually directly next to planet beach tanning but its in the copelands shopping center.

The sushi place down next the world market in centreville off of 29 was nothing stellar. Over on stone road at the intersection of stone and braddock is another pretty good spot.

I dont know if these fit your criteria but its good information none the less.

I cant beleive centreville has enough people who eat sushi to warrent 3 sushi joints within 5 minutes of each other.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:49:59 PM EDT
In Arlington:

Matuba - next door to the Arlington Cinema and Draft House on Columbia Pike.

Sushi Zen - In the Lee-Harrison shopping center on Lee Hwy. Deep fried sushi roll is very good.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:16:45 PM EDT
check out cafe asia. it is somewhere down around roslyn i think.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:50:56 PM EDT

Todai Sushi Buffet in Fair Oaks Mall.

+1. Though it is fast food, it is some damn good sushi. As well as a HUGE selection.

One look at the clientele will explain that it's pretty good -- when I go in it's nearly 99% Asian.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:43:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LHD:
One of the better places around is Matsutaki in herndon worldgate. Very good sushi and grill.

+1! Very good place. Open carry-friendly as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:52:25 AM EDT
Konami in Tysons on Rt 7 is good.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:03:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KONY:

Originally Posted By LHD:

+1! Very good place. Open carry-friendly as well.

they have a good lunch buffet here too.

On Elden St in Herndon (the plaza w/ Outback) there's a great sushi place AND an excellent Italian place.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:31:23 PM EDT
Best I've found is Arigato in Herndon. It's in the clocktower shopping center on teh other side of the toll road from worldgate. Todai in Fair Oaks Mall is a close second.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 3:23:49 PM EDT by lansker]
Cafe Asia (approx 1550 Wilson Blvd, Rosslyn area) is decent, with a $1/piece nigiri happy hour from 4-7/8(?). I also like Asahi, in the Courthouse complex, near the AMC Courthouse theatre. They don't have it listed anymore, but the Vegas roll is AWESOME, if you ask for it, they'll still make it. There is also a Matsutake near Ballston on Wilson Blvd.

Oh, and I almost forgot Kanpai, a fairly new place on Wilson & Oak St. (1400 Wilson or so, kinda tucked away). It's small, but they have Okinawan beer and some awesome Nabeyaki Udon. The sushi is good as well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:49:00 AM EDT
Check out in Vienna: Yama Japanese Restaurant, 328 Maple Ave., Vienna, VA, 703-242-7703
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:55:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shooter220:
Akasaka on Van Dorn in Alexandria is excellent.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:21:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By aaronrb204:
check out cafe asia. it is somewhere down around roslyn i think.

Big plus one. They used to have a buffet on Thursday nights. My wife and all our friends and I used to be regulars when we lived in Alexandria.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:02:35 AM EDT
A new Japanese restaurant opened about 2 months ago that has a large sushi buffet plus crab legs, steak, and other Japanese/Korean dishes. It is call Mannado at 7133 Columbia Pike, Annandale VA (right next to the Giant supermarket). Tel # is 703-256-3336. It is very good, and lunch costs about $12.00.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:56:17 PM EDT
My wife and I live across in Penderbrook and try to hit Todai at least once a month.

There's another sushi buffet in the Fair Lakes Shopping Center called Arigato Sushi I think. It's a small place with a limited buffet selection, but still quite good. I'd recommend going early.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:19:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By va_roadrunner:
My wife and I live across in Penderbrook and try to hit Todai at least once a month.

There's another sushi buffet in the Fair Lakes Shopping Center called Arigato Sushi I think. It's a small place with a limited buffet selection, but still quite good. I'd recommend going early.

oh i forgot about my store. wegmans makes sushi fresh every day in the cafe area. i don't know if it is any good.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:28:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mig:
Check out in Vienna: Yama Japanese Restaurant, 328 Maple Ave., Vienna, VA, 703-242-7703

That's where we ended up going. Went out to the mall and that was closest. As soon as I walked in and saw the place was packed full of Asians, I knew we'd scored. Excellent stuff, got a big heap of sushi and it was all good stuff (except for the wasabi roll. I'd expected it to be hot, not sweet?).

Thanks all for the suggestions!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:53:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:
Best I've found is Arigato in Herndon. It's in the clocktower shopping center on teh other side of the toll road from worldgate. Todai in Fair Oaks Mall is a close second.

I had the location right but hte name wrong. The good one at the clocktower is called Hama Sushi. Arigato is the one down in Fair Lakes.
Top Top