Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 3:13:52 PM EDT
Here on Wednesday night.  Taking a couple of female friends shooting.  Should it be crowded?  I understand everyone has to take a safety exam-how long does that take?  Any problem having three shooters at one point?  Anything else I should know?

thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Havn't been down there on a wednesday night in over a year. It wasn't to bad then. The test takes about 20mins to do. 3 people a lane is no problem. Might be down there wesnesday also, need to sight in my new upper.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here on Wednesday night.  Taking a couple of female friends shooting.  Should it be crowded?  I understand everyone has to take a safety exam-how long does that take?  Any problem having three shooters at one point?  Anything else I should know?

thanks in advance...

How many is a couple? 2?

If you dont know by now, I cannot help you bro.

As a very general rule I try to limit myself to One armed female at a time
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks in advance...

How many is a couple? 2?

I don't know about the one-armed women, tho.    

Yep, there're two.  I'll have to bring some out your way sometime-don't tell these two, but I've got two more lined up in January.  

If only someone would open up a good indoor range in Winchester...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks in advance...

How many is a couple? 2?

I don't know about the one-armed women, tho.    Ahem, We takes,what we can gets

Yep, there're two.  I'll have to bring some out your way sometime-don't tell these two, but I've got two more lined up in January.  I love the smell of blackmail in the morning

If only someone would open up a good indoor range in Winchester...A little bird told me...

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The test will take maybe 15 or 20 minutes.  It’s ungraded and no big deal.

I guess you know they’re only open in the evening on Wednesdays.

Wednesdays can sometimes be a bit crowded as of late.  No big deal, you sign a waiting list and relax in the lounge till your name is called.  That said, things will probably be a bit lighter than normal this week due to Christmas shopping and such.

Everyone needs to have a photo ID.  Presumably neither of these young ladies is a minor – if they are, they’ll also need a parent!  If you’re an NRA member, bring your card (or a recent issue of American Rifleman with your name on it).  If you’re not an NRA member, you’ll pay more for range time.

The range will supply you with eye and ear protection if you need it.  However, it’s a bit grungy – I’d suggest you bring your own, if possible.  Doubling up (both ear plugs and muffs) is IMHO a good idea; it can get really loud out there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top