Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 10:06:18 AM EDT
Senator Bill Mims has been offered a position in McDonnell's office. If he took it, he'd have to resign his Senate seat. Word on the street is that he'll take it. So, we have a good chance for a special election to replace Mims early next year.

Obviously Mims won't resign if McDonnell loses the recount next week, but I don't see that happening.

We have a good conservative, Mick Staton (Del Black's son-in-law) poised to enter the race if Mims resigns. I've given him my endorsement and hope others here would back him as well. One local paper, known as the "Loudoun Times-Smear" by local conservatives, has already come out against him in this week's editorial, which is like getting attacked by the Washington comPost.

S33 encompasses most of eastern Loudoun plus parts of Herndon and western Fairfax counties. We have the chance to replace Mims with someone incredibly good on the gun, life, and tax issues. Time for this campaign will be very short. There may be only a few weeks between Mims's resignation and the election of his replacement.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:51:39 PM EDT
Thanks for the update.

I like Staton, don't get me wrong , however, I would much prefer his father-in-law run.

Might be a bit of stretch to go from a county board seat to a state senate seat... I think Col Black would have a better chance of winning.
Top Top