Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:19:49 AM EDT
I ahven't seen anything about this yet so new to me,
I just picked up a whole bunch of Winchester 55 gr FMJ made in Israel 223 40-packs for 7.33$ each.
Wish I had more cash handy, I would've taken more than 8 .

Didn't lok lik ethere was alot, but there were alot of boxes around that he was unpacking, so who knows how much is in back.  Also this wasn't there yesterday, but is today,so could be a general ammo restocking...

decent price on 9 too, 11$ for 100, not the best I've paid but good enough to get a couple hundred of those too.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, just what I wanted to see at lunch.  A GIANT picture of your hairy meathooks.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:24:24 AM EDT
[#2]
This is my primary shooting ammo, usually end up buying out the whole lot at the time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I can never freakin' find this stuff.  The Charlottesville and Winchester Wal-Marts NEVER have it.  I've tried to enlist my friends and family-the folks are in on it but most of my NoVa buddies give me a weird look when I tell them to buy me a hundred dollars worth of ammo every time they stop at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Damn, just what I wanted to see at lunch.  A GIANT picture of your hairy meathooks.  

hehehe, the previous pic was worse!   (at least its not a toe!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I can never freakin' find this stuff.  The Charlottesville and Winchester Wal-Marts NEVER have it.  I've tried to enlist my friends and family-the folks are in on it but most of my NoVa buddies give me a weird look when I tell them to buy me a hundred dollars worth of ammo every time they stop at Wal-Mart.

I've never ONCE seen either of the ammo I bought today at the walmart.  I thought it just sucked, but I've slowly realized that its cause all the OTHER nova f%ckers get it ALL when they come!

I went at 10AM to make a return and stroleld over to the coutner that really was bare yesterday, and it was full today.  Very helpful guy there, said he sold about 12 guns yesterday - it was a madhouse when I was htere....
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#6]
The guys at the staunton wally world know Im gonna buy them out of WWB as soon as they see me.  I asked them why they dont stock more of it since it all sells a day or two after they get it in. They said they keep the "national" average stock on hand.  Stooopid, even if one store sells the stuff like hotcakes they wont do anything to keep them any more in stock than the store that holds the same ten boxes on the shelf all year.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

hahahahahahaha!!! no shit!!! talk about hairy knuckles! looks like a shot of the bavarian black forest there!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hahahahahahaha!!! no shit!!! talk about hairy knuckles! looks like a shot of the bavarian black forest there!

hey i'm PROUD of those knuckles.  I wa s asmoker for either years and quit about two and a half years ago.  IT's taken that long to get my knuckle hair back!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a bunch of th enew Winchester ammo at Gander Mountian the other day. The new ones say 5.56 on the box and are Q3131 with date stamps of 05 and 06. And I picked up some home defense rounds yestreday at Damage Inc. the Hornady Rounds. Good stuff only had one box of 20 left though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I got a bunch of th enew Winchester ammo at Gander Mountian the other day. The new ones say 5.56 on the box and are Q3131 with date stamps of 05 and 06. And I picked up some home defense rounds yestreday at Damage Inc. the Hornady Rounds. Good stuff only had one box of 20 left though.

So how much was the Q3131 at gander mountain?   I have not made it over there since Q3131 and winchester WB came back out.     That winchester white box is the same stuff as the old white box that walmart used to sell 6 months or so ago.   The Q3131 seemed to drop the A at the end when it came back into the stores.    The Win WB sells for $7.73 a box i think.    The 100 round value packs of 9mm are $11.23 i think.  

Is Damage Inc any good?   I have been by there a few times but never stopped.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So how much was the Q3131 at gander mountain?   I have not made it over there since Q3131 and winchester WB came back out.     That winchester white box is the same stuff as the old white box that walmart used to sell 6 months or so ago.   The Q3131 seemed to drop the A at the end when it came back into the stores.    The Win WB sells for $7.73 a box i think.    The 100 round value packs of 9mm are $11.23 i think.  

non-A boxes are to be avoided as per the ammo forum here......
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I was under the impression that the only real difference between Q3131 and Q3131A was where they were made. But the stuff in the pic is R1, which chronoed around 50 fps less than Q3131A when a friend and I checked last year. Still good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was under the impression that the only real difference between Q3131 and Q3131A was where they were made. But the stuff in the pic is R1, which chronoed around 50 fps less than Q3131A when a friend and I checked last year. Still good stuff.

yeah folks on ammo forum said this is not military, just good cheap clean plinking ammo......
but they are also anti q3131 with no A.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:42:27 AM EDT
[#14]
So your telling me that I spent all tha tmoney on the ammo and it is no good? That cant be right I thought the Q3131 was good stuff havent shot any yet but that really sucks. As for Damage Inc. yeah it is a good place Todd is a really helpful guy. Very LEO and  Civilian friendly.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:49:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

non-A boxes are to be avoided as per the ammo forum here......

That would be OLD Q3131.   The stuff that was produced just before Y2k by Winchester at LC.   This new stuff is what is being sold after the Q3131A dried up 6-9 months ago (along with the Winchester White box at walmart)  It is new production ammo made here in the states to 5.56 spec by winchester.   As per a guy in the ammo forum that talked to Winchester.

Well I'll be damned, Winchester did call me back earlier today. I was busy as hell so it was brief. He said Q3131 and Q3131A were the same. I told him I thought there hadn't been much Q3131 since 1999 until recently and that there were a few suspect lots from the 1999 stuff. Basically he said they had issues with people using Q3131 in .223 chambers so there was a change made of some sort. Don't know if he was referring to the cartridge itself or what. I told him I knew Q3131A was IMI import and wondered if there was ANY difference at all in the projectiles or otherwise and he said no. I asked if they were loaded to M193 mil-spec and he said it's all the same and it's what they supply to the military.

I know all of this has been covered here but FYI...that's what I got out of Winchester. Wonder what change they made if any regarding the .223 / 5.56 issue.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:52:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So your telling me that I spent all tha tmoney on the ammo and it is no good? That cant be right I thought the Q3131 was good stuff havent shot any yet but that really sucks. As for Damage Inc. yeah it is a good place Todd is a really helpful guy. Very LEO and  Civilian friendly.

Nah as long as the Q3131 is new production (04-05 headstamp) you should be good.    Sounds like some folks were ordering Q3131 and thinking they were getting the new stuff but actually ended up getting pre Y2K Q3131 that had issues and is listed as an "avoid" in the Ammo Oracle.  

Thanks for the info on Damage Inc.   I will have to stop by.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the heads up.  Stopped by the Fair Lakes Walmart on the way home last night and picked up the last three boxes on the shelf.   Don't know if they had more in the back.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:31:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I've got over 1700 rounds of this stuff and have shot almost another 1000.  It is good stuff and there are no problems with it.

Now stay away from the store so I can go get some more.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I've got over 1700 rounds of this stuff and have shot almost another 1000.  It is good stuff and there are no problems with it.

Now stay away from the store so I can go get some more.

Picked up 400 more tonight :)

Up to 1080 stock piled, shot god knows how much of it too
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I though Q3131 was actually marked 5.56? I know I've seen 5.56 in Winchester boxes, and it was labeled Q3131 not USA223. It also was in boxes of 20.

That just looks like the normal .223 value packs they've always sold at walmart..not Q3131. Of course I could be wrong! I do know the Q3131 that I saw at the last C&E show was marked 5.56 though.

Edit: like this
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:06:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I pick up 6 boxs at the Mechanicsville store last night, wiped them out
frist time I seen any, I'll have to check some others
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I though Q3131 was actually marked 5.56? I know I've seen 5.56 in Winchester boxes, and it was labeled Q3131 not USA223. It also was in boxes of 20.

That just looks like the normal .223 value packs they've always sold at walmart..not Q3131. Of course I could be wrong! I do know the Q3131 that I saw at the last C&E show was marked 5.56 though.

Edit: like this
www.copesdist.com/images/WinchesterQ3131.jpg

nope you're right.  This is 223 plinking ammo.  It's just that I've never seen it before.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Wally world is Springfield has a new shipment of Winchester 9mm, 40, and 45 ACP ammo in.  By the cases.  They have yet to put it on the shelves and they also had Remington 45 ACP ammo in bulk packs.  I picked up 5 more boxes of 223 WWB and left at least five there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top