Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm bringing my tigerstripe DSA FAL carbine.  If hunt101 wasn't down as often as a crackwhore I'd show you a pic!

Spoken like a true warrior poet!

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:56:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I will be down in Staunton that weekend.  I will shoot up from there.  Now to remember to get the directions and take them with me.  Hope to make it.  See you there around 10 I guess.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Bringing my Colt Mforgery and my Rem 700 .308 Bambi Slayer, as well as my Beretta Elite II 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks like I will be down in Staunton that weekend.  I will shoot up from there.  Now to remember to get the directions and take them with me.  Hope to make it.  See you there around 10 I guess.

We will leave from sheetz in Haymarket sometime after 08??, you can go 81 North to exit 5 I believe and g oup the ramp and take a right, we always stop at the 7-11 at the end where it runs into route 11, about one mile to the 7-11 it is on the left hand corner of the intersection. Would be a good place to rally and head on up to the range, if all else fails you have my cell number.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have much to bring to the table....
I only have 2 working guns; my 9mm Sig and a Marlin .22LR

I can bring my AR15 sans upper, but won't do me much good. I will be bringing some .223 and mags, since LRT was nice enough to share his toys though!

Please tell me someone is bringing a FAL that they will let me try on!!!! I'm thinking that will be my next rifle after the AR is finished.

I'm bringing my tigerstripe DSA FAL carbine.  If hunt101 wasn't down as often as a crackwhore I'd show you a pic!

Did you paint yourself?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Did you paint yourself?

No it's factory Duracoat.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:28:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We will leave from sheetz in Haymarket sometime after 08??, you can go 81 North to exit 5 I believe and g oup the ramp and take a right, we always stop at the 7-11 at the end where it runs into route 11, about one mile to the 7-11 it is on the left hand corner of the intersection. Would be a good place to rally and head on up to the range, if all else fails you have my cell number.

Sounds like a plan.  Now where did that "print" button go  Yeah I put your number and Robb's on a card in the truck.  See ya at the 7-11.

But hell boys I just told the boss I am taking next week off.  Woohoo!!!!!!!! Hite Hollow is gonna see some action this week.  Haven't been on vacation since last deer season.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you paint yourself?

No it's factory Duracoat.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/FAL.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/FAL2.jpg

Damn she's purty! I was poking around the DSA site last night, trying to get some ideas (I really need to finish the AR 1st but...). I'm thinking about getting the .308 Hunter. My Uncle down in TX would piss his pants if I showed up white-tail hunting with a FAL

ETA: What are we doing for Food on the 5th??? Is there somewhere we can grill Burgers/Dogs?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ETA: What are we doing for Food on the 5th??? Is there somewhere we can grill Burgers/Dogs?

There's supposed to be a Chinese Buffet near 81 at that exit for Sleepy Creek, ARMLT15 eats there often.  OR if you bring a Hibachi we can cook out.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]

OR if you bring a Hibachi we can cook out.  

If you folks want to we have a big two burner gas stove we can bring it runs off one of the outdoor grill size propane tanks and we have a griddle that sits on one of the burners just let us know if so we can bring that and a cooler of stuff to go along with it.as long as other folks bring stuff too... ..if you bring it we will burn it well not really but we can bring the grill.

VA-Spook
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

OR if you bring a Hibachi we can cook out.  

If you folks want to we have a big two burner gas stove we can bring it runs off one of the outdoor grill size propane tanks and we have a griddle that sits on one of the burners just let us know if so we can bring that and a cooler of stuff to go along with it.as long as other folks bring stuff too... ..if you bring it we will burn it well not really but we can bring the grill.

VA-Spook

BTW, isn't the exit for Sleepy Creek the one that has "Loo-We-Gee's Italian Restaurant"?  I've never eaten there but I laugh every time I see the sign.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I think so Hop, Turn right, head all the way down to the intersection with Rt11.
Guys Im still trying to make it up, Depends on how wild the B Party gets Sat night.
If I do Im bringing the Dissergy,My 11.5 which will prolly have a 14.5 1/7 barrel on it by then,.Some pistols and the 9mm SBR,
Word to the wise, Dont take a bench next to GotM4, And really dont let him shoot your rifles, Only thing worse than getting out shot by the guy next to you is having him do it with your own rifle
I wouldnt advise benching next to 9x19 and that damn .338 either
Too bad this outing isnt the week after BRD, Wouldnt be a problem for me then, Looks like a good turn out................Udog
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yeah I think so Hop, Turn right, head all the way down to the intersection with Rt11.
Guys Im still trying to make it up, Depends on how wild the B Party gets Sat night.
If I do Im bringing the Dissergy,My 11.5 which will prolly have a 14.5 1/7 barrel on it by then,.Some pistols and the 9mm SBR,
Word to the wise, Dont take a bench next to GotM4, And really dont let him shoot your rifles, Only thing worse than getting out shot by the guy next to you is having him do it with your own rifle
Too bad this outing isnt the week after BRD, Wouldnt be a problem for me then, Looks like a good turn out................Udog

Just have your stuff with you when you leave the party and go crash at Sleepy Creek, we'll wake you up at shooting time.

What?  I was just giving you an incentive to try harder!   I wanna try out that Dissergy, that looks really cool!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Letting Rob outshoot me isn't a problem.  How else will I ever tell what is a problem with my rifle and what is just my usual lack of skill.   It's the .338 that needs to be given plenty of space..  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey!

If there's more than twenty people coming the chinese buffet might be a bit tight! Bringing food and grillen up there might be a better solution. I'm not sure about grillen in the parking lot at the range though? If the majority goes for the grillen I'll bring up a package of dogs, some rolls, relish and mustard.  That way there will be extras. If everybody brings a few extras that should cover the group. I would also suggest bringing some garbage bags for the rubbish to truck out. I'm quite sure the coons and the bears would make a hell of a mess with the leftovers.

I count 16 so far. I'm quite sure Udog will take some hangover pills before he goes partying the night before.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I can bring a big box of the beef patties.  Were on Atkins so if anyone wants hamburger buns someone else can bring those.  We can bring a cooler for soft drinks and water too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Letting Rob outshoot me isn't a problem.  How else will I ever tell what is a problem with my rifle and what is just my usual lack of skill.   It's the .338 that needs to be given plenty of space..  

HUH, WHAT DID HE SAY???

WHAT HEARING LOSS???? I CANNOT HEAR A THING<< MY EARS ARE RINGING>>
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#19]
SO is it's looking more like a cook out then a buffet trip We will pack the grill and be sure to have extra gas ..some how that didn't come out right ..oh wait a min neither did that ..ok we will bring the grill and the other things needed to make it work ahhh thats better. And we can bring a box o' burgers and some other stuff ,diet drinks and water too. Looks like a super wally world run in the works here. So can we get a head count as to how many are coming and kinda what every one might  be bringing. We need plates and napkins too unless we are eating right off the fire. I can see the post about that one now.... Gotm4 burns his lips at the range LMAO

VA-Spook or maybe today
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I have grill and could chip in some animal flesh to feed you critters
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll bring chips and pretzles....could bring some soda too....

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Guess this is looking more like a cook out now then going to kwan-lo's house of rice....So the rest of ya anty up now and list what yall are  bringing....besides Guns. The Mrs and my self will bring some hamburgers, buns and some kinda salad thing. plus the cube of Diet Pepsi and some waters.anyone else?

Va-Spook
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like the basics are covered so I'll stop by the store and see what kind of potato salad and stuff I can fill my ice chest with.

And I'll be sure to bring some Abuelitos.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Can't stay to eat.  Gotta run back down to Staunton after shooting.  M-I-L is having a cookout at 1.  Time to get some sleep.  I am on VACATION.  Heading out camping on Monday.  See you all then.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Any one in on bringing the paper stuff? basically plates and napkins I think most of us can drink out of the container the drink comes in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Any one in on bringing the paper stuff? basically plates

Yes, I'm sure we'll all be bringing plenty of targets to shoot.  What does that have to do with lunch?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any one in on bringing the paper stuff? basically plates

Yes, I'm sure we'll all be bringing plenty of targets to shoot.  What does that have to do with lunch?  

Nice I see you were faster then I on posting something like that. I was thinking someone was going to  say something about targets

VA-Spook
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Any one in on bringing the paper stuff? basically plates and napkins I think most of us can drink out of the container the drink comes in.

I'm bring some Paper Towels for you slobs, Plates, and Plastic-ware (Since someone said something about Tater-salad). Anyone mind if I bring some beans to go with the meat?

Did anyone commit to Hot Dog/Burger Buns yet?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:04:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Seems like we're gonna do cook-out thing,
here is the semi-official "Who is Bringing What Post":

VA-Spook: Gas Stove, Burgers, Buns, Salad-type Thing, Diet Pepsi, Water
ARMLT15: Dogs, Rolls, Relish, Mustard, Ketchup, 12pk Iced Tea
gotm4: Beef Patties, Soda, Water
long-rifle-tactical: Grill, Flesh(Hot Dogs/Burgers?)
bulldog1967: Chips, Pretzles, Soda
Hoplophile: Potato Salad, Abuelitos
PrivateJoker: Paper Towels, Plates, Plasticware, Beans, Trash Bags, Kielbasa
grywlf52: deer sausage?
thebomber: cheese, lettuce and tomatos

I'll try to keep this up to Date.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey!

Did PrivateJoker say beans? Better throw in some gas masks too!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#31]
What can I bring?

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
What can I bring?

Bomber

That SPR, I'd like to try a few rounds if you don't mind!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#33]
While waiting till next sunday to get here I thought you all might enjoy this as much as I have post your scores and happy shooting!www.starterupsteve.com/swf/binladenliquors.html?

VA-Spook
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:28:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Hey!

That ones always fun!!!

65500 with a few casualties!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:38:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
While waiting till next sunday to get here I thought you all might enjoy this as much as I have post your scores and happy shooting!www.starterupsteve.com/swf/binladenliquors.html?

44500 so far.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Bomber I sent you a PM about stuff to bring along I think we are pretty good on hamburgers and things like that maybe cheese slices and lettuce and tommato's and onions I didnt see any of that listed.any one else wanna comment please?

VA-Spook
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#37]
OK got a reprieve from the M-I-L, I can stay for awhile longer.  What else is needed that I may be able to bring.  If nothing, I will bust out some deer sausage and bring that along.  See ya'll Sunday.  My shoulder should be ready to go by then.  Went to Hite Hollow today and went through some 12ga and 308.  Shoulder kinda smarts.  I won't be buying any more 3 inch Federal slugs anymore.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
OK got a reprieve from the M-I-L, I can stay for awhile longer.  What else is needed that I may be able to bring.  If nothing, I will bust out some deer sausage and bring that along.  See ya'll Sunday.  My shoulder should be ready to go by then.  Went to Hite Hollow today and went through some 12ga and 308.  Shoulder kinda smarts.  I won't be buying any more 3 inch Federal slugs anymore.

I want to ride around in the camp grounds with you and play with the lights
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO!!!!  You can't come and play.  You are on the "LIST" and nobody invited me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

44500 so far.

Woo hoo 46000 so far AND a pic to prove it ...lol

VA-Spook
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO!!!!  You can't come and play.  You are on the "LIST" and nobody invited me.

El Heffe will hear about this!

See when your next shipment of Montecristo’s come in a timely fashion.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
www.loc.gov/rr/print/swann/valtman/images/castro.jpg

Not the cristo's!!!!!   You may LOOK at the lights if they arrive on time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Bomber I sent you a PM about stuff to bring along I think we are pretty good on hamburgers and things like that maybe cheese slices and lettuce and tommato's and onions I didnt see any of that listed.any one else wanna comment please?

VA-Spook

Sounds good. I'll bring the cheese lettuce and tomatos and the SPR along with several other goodies. What time are we meeting?

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.loc.gov/rr/print/swann/valtman/images/castro.jpg

Not the cristo's!!!!!   You may LOOK at the lights if they arrive on time.

Ok
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
If nothing, I will bust out some deer sausage and bring that along.  

What else could we possibly need than some good deer sausage?!?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If nothing, I will bust out some deer sausage and bring that along.  

What else could we possibly need than some good deer sausage?!?

Good, now to go get it out of the freezer.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Sounds good. I'll bring the cheese lettuce and tomatos and the SPR along with several other goodies. What time are we meeting?

Bomber

It would depend on where you were planning on meeting us either at 0800 at the sheetz off of 66 at the haymarket exit or around 10 at the range I think 10 was the approx arrival time up there some one quote me if I am wrong on that part.

VASpook

Look I found a cool new play toy
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Bringing a buddy who said he'll bring some kielbasa for lunch
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Guys Im not trying to be negative here but........
This is the time of the year that the yolkles sight in there deer guns and this is planned for a Sunday @ 10am.....
It may be wise for you/us to Airdrop an advanced party to secure the benches and hold off the Remchester guys untill the Mechanized troops can arrive, Also theres no real place to cook out thats not "Techincally" past the firing line.
Just a thought......FWIW
And NO Robb me sleeping in the Jeep doesnt count as an advanced party
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#50]
I will let you know if I can make the advance party, normally it would not be a problem for me to be there by 8am, but If I am bringing a friend he may not like that too much .

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top