Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 10:13:37 AM EDT
Any of you good folks have a boresighter i can borrow for a couple of days??
I can pickup or meet up anywhere in NOVA at your convenience during the thanksgiving break.
I promise safe handling and safe return. Besides several guys here know me and know where i live LOL.
Thanks,
DD
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
i have a leupold one you can use's where in NOVA are you.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Bore sight'n?  Wadda ya' mean ya' need to borrow one?  Ya' gotta bore dontcha?

Seriously, I've had pretty good results by just setting a roll of tape or something else round on my stairs and looking down the bore until that round object is bracketed in the bore.  I then adjust the cross hairs to the center of the obejct.  It always gets me on paper at 25.

This method works even better if you can aim your rifle out the window and can find a car tire at about 100 yards.  Using this method, I'm not only on paper at 100, I'm damn close to dead center.  The extra distance takes out some of the slop in this method.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i have a leupold one you can use's where in NOVA are you.

I live in South Riding which is just west of Chantilly. I can meet up with you anywhere and anytime with some advance notice. If you plan to go to the NRA range sometime in the next few days i can plan range time to coincide with it Thanks

Cliffy109,
Thanks for the tip. I just have to be careful. If you remember, my kitchen sliding door opens out towards the kids playground across the street. It would be real bad if someone reports the barrel of a BarretM99 sticking out of my house to the local Loudoun LE pointing towards the playground LOL.
DD

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
pm sent
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
pm sent

back at ya. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top