Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2003 12:33:22 PM EDT
I believe cliffy109 when he tells me there is no magazine capacity limit on semi-auto guns while hunting, but I can't find the regs on the webiste that say it specifically.

Can anyone who is "up" on the gun laws in relation to hunting help me out???

Thanks,

Ed
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure only shotguns are limited.  Unless there's a local restriction where you'll be hunting.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
in virginia you are only aloud 3 shells in the gun. that goes for pumps and semi's. the game warden will check your plug and see if he can fit more than 3 2 3/4 inch shells in your gun and if he can your in trouble!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry......rifle capacity.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
in virginia you are only aloud 3 shells in the gun. that goes for pumps and semi's. the game warden will check your plug and see if he can fit more than 3 2 3/4 inch shells in your gun and if he can your in trouble!

That applies only to shotguns. There is no regulation on the books relating to rifle magazine capacity unless it happens to be a local ordinance.

Check Here: www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/regs/local.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys.
i was just wondering the same thing the other day.  i want to take the FAL out hunting.
but i didnt want to buy one of those stupid 5rd mags for nothing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:54:10 AM EDT
[#6]
No rifle limit, there is no statue that says "you may use any capacity magazines in your rifle" only a lack of a staute that limits it. So, there is not really anything to show you, sorry.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I would think you could bring as much reading material as you want.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top