Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/6/2003 7:51:21 PM EDT
My US Navy wife just got stationed here a couple of months ago and I was wondering if anyone knows when/where any gun shows will be coming to this area? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:07:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2003 3:09:10 AM EDT by chas66]
Wait till early Dec and go north to Mechanicsberg, just south of Richmond. Its a better show than the hampton show, unless you like over priced stuff.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:48:16 AM EDT
Go to the show they have every 3 months at the Hampton Roads Coliseum so you'll have something to compare the others to.The show will be advertised on TV, Newspaper, Radio and in the Shotgun News and I'm sure you'll see mention of it here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:53:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2003 12:54:16 PM EDT by Subzero]
calendar.hampton.gov/default.asp?Calendar=coliseum

Shows the events calendar for the Hampton Coliseum. I don't know how to check for shows in the VB/Norfolk area. As the fellows alluded to earlier, the Hampton gun show isn't the best around. I've been to at least half a dozen now, and it's always the same people at the same places selling the same stuff at the same prices. No one seems to be willing to deal, nor are there any outstanding deals that everyone HAS to get in on.

I did pick up both of my 1911's there though. Thanks to Trader Jerry's!

edit for board code
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:08:47 PM EDT
The Richmond Gun Shows at The Showplace are always better than the show's at the Hampton Colisuem.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:20:43 PM EDT
The Richmond show is definitely worth the drive, especially if you can tag along with some other ARFCOMers. The Hampton one is OK, but I wouldn't go except it's 6 miles away. Hopefully when Bass-Pro opens down the street the show will have some competition for cheap ammo at least.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:42:11 PM EDT
Thanks guys. I will probably go to both Hampton and Richmond, at least to look around.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:02:32 PM EDT
Though beating a dead horse, let me add to the chorus proclaiming that the Hampton show may be closer, but the Richmond (@ the Showplace) show is better.

www.cegunshows.com/richmond.htm

DrMark
Top Top